Curious, would anyone here by chance have details on Laos business VISA requirements? I tried searching today, and maybe I'm just being blind again, but couldn't really find anything. I got basic details such as types of VISAs available, then a bunch of people asking about Laos, and other people saying it's very difficult. That was about it though.

I'm looking for details. For example, I know in Thailand it's 2 million baht in the bank, business registration and license, and you need to hire 4 Thais. Does anyone by chance know any specifics like that for Laos?

I'm a 36 year old Canadian, and need a long-term VISA of some kind. If it requires me to open up a restaurant or internet cafe or similar, and hire some Laos people, then that's what we will do. I don't want to go back to Canada, and want to stay in a Buddhist soceity.

Also, by chance any info on getting dogs into Laos from Thailand? I'm assuming just a rabies vaccination, correct? I can't possibly see Laos requiring me to get them micro chipped, or anything.

And while on the topic, anyone have details of blacklisting law in Thailand? Assuming I get to the Nong Khai border crossing without a police checkpoint, plus have a brand new Canadian passport in hand, what happens? Do they blacklist me there and then, and let me cross into Laos? Or do I have to goto jail for a few days, and be brought before a judge before being allowed to exit the country?

Too bad John Lennon's wish didn't come true -- "Imagine a world without borders"