Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laos business VISA

Liked

Re: Laos business VISA

It's a bit much to expect frequent to travel all the way from South Brisbane to KK just to help out matt.
    Our bitcoin boy hasn't even offered to pay his airfare!

So looks like he'll have to rely on you, whitemouse, as you are in Thailand.

But I wouldn't hold my breach waiting for a call.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    It's a bit much to expect frequent to travel from AU..
    Especially considering application is a PDF, and Matt can type.

Seems odd that a guy pumping out code for living doesn't know there is no need for pen, all that's needed is keyboard and pdf editor. Pen is needed only for signature, and Leo from Laos can hold a finger to point where Matt's signs with pen.

Here, I started Matt's form already:

Screenshot_20170915-214859.jpg

Liked

I've always thought of Matt as a genuine, if somewhat naive, guy. But this thread makes absolutely no sense to me. He's happily settled in KK with his dogs, and his computer work. Now he's planning to relocate to Laos? To be with Leo, who I think he's known about 6 months? If Matt arrives at the Laos border with his new Canadian passport (if he ever figures out how to get one) would the absence of a Thai arrival stamp raise questions for the Thai border authorities? Surely they can find out how long he's been actually living in Thailand?

Sorry Matt, but for me this is a saga too far and I don't believe a word. Not that you'll give a shit what I think.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So just to clarify then .... so on the 4th of Sept Matt said ... "Decision is already 100% made, we're going to Chiang Mai." Then on the 6th of Sept and just for firmer clarity on the point he added " .....location isn't up for debate. The decision has already been made, it's Chiang Mai." This was of course after him giving several apparently well thought out reasons including it being an up and coming underground coders hub etc etc ...

Wow, just as the song (nearly) says "what a difference two weeks make" eh as we're now on to maybe opening a restaurant or Internet cafe for him to own and his bf run, but with him actually just working away behind the scenes coding ( with no work permit?) - hmm yep, okay then.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2017)

Liked

Matt. I think it's time to call in the top guy. You need expert advice on this as well as a range of other issues. I suggest you call Bogsvile Mick and get him up to KK as your personal consultant.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Perhaps CndMatt is looking at the wrong Passport Application. He should be looking at a Form called "Simplified Canadian Renewal Passport"
    I am horrified - horrified and scandalised - that the Canadians do not accept Bitcoin in payment for a passport
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So just to clarify then .... so on the 4th of Sept Matt said ... "Decision is already 100% made, we're going to Chiang Mai." Then on the 6th of Sept and just for firmer clarity on the point he added " .....location isn't up for debate. The decision has already been made, it's Chiang Mai." This was of course after him giving several apparently well thought out reasons including it being an up and coming underground coders hub etc etc ...
    You need to go back just a few more weeks, Nirish guy. Then Matt was gung ho about spending 500K baht for himself and his Lao catamite to buy a Thailand Elite 5-year visa by travelling to Singapore. I did point out to him that he could combine the two 500K amounts and get himself a 20-year Thailand Elite visa but that didn't seem to fit in with the narrative

And now the Chinese have started shutting down Bitcoin exchanges. I've embedded a hyperlink in the text because I know from previous posts by him that Matt is incapable of reading emphasis or italics, so I'm assuming he can't follow hyperlinks as well

Liked

And these days where China goes the others follow. Irony really. It was the Bitcoin nonsense that led to the entire unravelling of Matt's carefully crafted life in pixels.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hi Matt-ey, back to the Q; my advice would be to start with reading fora like thaivisa-they -and I guess you know that already-have 100s of branches, also about ASEAN neighbours and their specific requirements re visa+ likely some personal experinece of people who have treid before you- probably much more informative as just reading the official data for it. Expect much more of lazy burocrats and the need to slip Tmoney in the back door as in TH.
    Oh-and bypass places like Vientiane and VangVieng for that-opening some/whatever kind of touristy shop,theyre really overstaurated, even more as farang in Patters. Plus that Lao certainly attracts other types of tourists as what TH usually gets in. Already bought that nice red maple-leaf flag to wave around and draw attention for your/Leo's new venture?

Liked

This forum is a poor choice to ask for visa regulations (but then I have an inkling it's not visa regulations what cdntroll is looking for), better try thaivisa or Lao embassy (they might have a branch in Khon Kaen?).

I have two friends from UK who are going to set up a business in Lao, from that I conclude that there must be some way to stay long time in Lao.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    And no, you can't be my guarantor. We haven't known each other for 2 years. And yes, the Canadian government will check.
    It's almost 2 years (Whitemouse Side Topics):
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...se-Side-Topics
    And over 8 years that cdntroll first blessed us with his stories (Advice for long-term needed...):
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ng-term-needed

Liked

Matt, just go to the nearest police station and claim you lost your passport. Because what I gather from your previous stories is that you are in Thailand illegally. Ask Leo, those Lao have a system to deal with this. In fact, many go to the embassy back in BKK and to the Lao consulate in KK. They get a laissez passer and cross the border the very same day, or in case of BKK the next day. No worries, no questions asked.

Personally I would just cross the border illegally and be done with it. Not only do you need to explain away the fact that you are in Thailand illegally (remember, police report, laissez passer and hope they don't match your name in their database ) but you also need a long term visa in Lao. Whilst the Lao are certainly not so stingy when it come to overstay as the Thai (oh my what tossers they are in this aspect, even crimals get a better treatment), you canot simply do a monthly border run, as the Thai will only allow you two times a year at the bridge, so after two months, you will either need to get a visa or fly back and forth. Or worse do a border run towards Vietnam ! (in which case you also need a visa beforehand, as the Vietnamese don't allow Canadians into their country without one).

You have Leo, certainly he can arrange someone to vouch for you, so you can obtain that one year business visa, it will cost a few bucks, but alas cheaper than doing monthly border runs, that is dam sure.