Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laos business VISA

Liked

Re: Laos business VISA

CndMatt is probably just remembering the past when one's guarantors had to be somebody "Highly Looked Up To In The Village". I.E. a politician , a minister-of-the -faith , a doctor (but not a dentist), one's manager(?), a lawyer (??) , a Notory Public etc etc.
    Now, any old flunky will do ... perhaps an undocumented pedophile.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Ok, so no compassion coming forward from Westerners? Got it.
    A compassionate farang 'frequent' already stepped forward, and offered to help you in this thread.

And I did, too. Waiting for your phone call, Matt!

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by whitemouse View Post
    A compassionate farang 'frequent' already stepped forward, and offered to help you in this thread.
    And I did, too. Waiting for your phone call, Matt!
    WhiteMouse ... please take into consideration that you might well be arrested by the police for helping out Matt (in Thailand or Laos ... in fact I'm pretty sure Sri Lanka will be next on CndMatt's list.)
    Let us know if you get a call. Thousands haven't.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2017)

Liked

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

There. I'm not wrong. I need a guarantor based on occupation, because I don't know anyone with a 5 or 10 Canadian passport. And yes, I need two personal non-family references that I've known for 2+ years.

All of that is done. I need to fill out the fucken form though, but I can't, because I can't see it.

This is the type of thing that is driving me insane. I'm trying my best, but fucke me.... I even have to argue with my husband as to whether or not his mother can fix spinal cord injuries. No, she can't.

Liked

Guarantor Requirements

Duties of a guarantor

Your guarantor must perform the following tasks free of charge:

1. Complete and sign the "Declaration of Guarantor" section of your application form.
    2. Write, "I certify this to be a true likeness of (name of applicant or child)" on the back of one of the passport photos and sign.
    3. If applicable, sign and date a copy of each document to support your identity.

The applicant must not assist the guarantor in performing his or her duties. If your guarantor requires assistance, contact Passport Canada.
    Eligible guarantors

A guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity. The guarantor must have known you personally for at least two (2) years. In the case of a child, the guarantor must have known the applicant (parent or legal guardian) personally for at least two (2) years and have knowledge of the child. The guarantor must also be accessible to Passport Canada for verification.
    Please refer below to either option A or B for the eligible guarantor.
    Option A
    If you choose a Canadian passport holder as a guarantor, your guarantor must:

1. Hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year, on the day you submit your application;
    2. Be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older;
    3. Have been 16 years of age or older when he or she applied for his or her own passport;
    4. Provide the requested information contained in his or her passport.

A guarantor's passport is not considered valid if:

• It is damaged or inaccessible;
    • It has been suspended or revoked;
    • It has been reported lost or stolen;
    • It has been found and returned to Passport Canada;
    • It has been destroyed by Passport Canada; or
    • Passport Canada has requested that it be returned.

The above is copy/paste from your link, Matt, as you can read, I am eligible to be your guarantor.

But if you have a guarantor lined up, I can help you with filling the passport application forms.

Liked

Ok, I originally asked about Laos business VISA requirements, and we're not talking about guarantors for a Canadian passport for some reason. No, I have a guarantor already.

And no, you can't be my guarantor. We haven't known each other for 2 years. And yes, the Canadian government will check.
    n

Liked

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng
    There. I'm not wrong. I need a guarantor based on occupation, because I don't know anyone with a 5 or 10 Canadian passport. And yes, I need two personal non-family references that I've known for 2+ years.
    In January of 2016 I applied at the Canada Embassy for a renewal of my 5 year Canadian passport to a 10-yr Canadian passport. The whole process took but a few weeks.
    Regarding the 'Referencers' (that's what they call them on the application form. The application states that the only criteria were these (copied from the application form):

Provide the following information for two (2) persons who are neither your relatives; are 18 years of age or over; and who have known you for at least two (2) years. They must agree to have their contact information provided as they may be contacted to confirm your identity.
    The Referencers did not have to be Canadian citizens, and no part of the application said anything about 'occupation'. I used as referencers one American, one English, and one Canadian. The application part regarding guarantors stated that they wanted each referencers phone number for possible extra verification.

And yes, the Canadian government will check.
    After I received my new passport I phoned each Referencer and, just out of curiosity, asked them if the Embassy had ever phoned them regarding being one of my referencer. None had been phoned. So you are wrong on that one as well.

Perhaps CndMatt is looking at the wrong Passport Application. He should be looking at a Form called "Simplified Canadian Renewal Passport"

10. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (September 16th, 2017)

Liked

Yes, that's what I've been saying all along, but it turned into this big fucked up argument for no reason.

Two personal references, guarantor, photo ID, birth certificate, old passport, and good to go. Oh, and the photos, and we have those, or at least I hope they're right.

What I do need is someone who can read English with a pen.

That, and Laos business VISA regulations.

That, and what happens to me when I hit the border in Nong Khai? Do I get blacklisted there and then, or do I end up in jail for a few days before being brought before a judge?

Liked

" ... what happens to me when I hit the border in Nong Khai? Do I get blacklisted ... "
    I'd blacklist you. It's against the law to hit borders.

Liked

Ok, I originally asked about Laos business VISA requirements, and we're not talking about guarantors for a Canadian passport for some reason.

I have a guarantor already.
    Passport application has a line that gurantor must sign. Since you have your gurantor filled that part of an application, why didn't you ask him to fill the rest of the application? Both your details, and details of guarantor are on the same form, same page.

You said you are unable to fill the application form on your own, but you managed to have your guarantor fill in his part. Your guarantor had your application in front of him, pen in his hand as he filled his part, but you did not ask him to complete the rest of the page. Instead, you are searching for complete stranger on the Internet to do the writing for your passport application.

You didn't call btw, I offered to do the writing for you. Frequent also offered to fill the form for you, did you contact him, at least?