Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laos business VISA

Banned
    Liked

Re: Laos business VISA

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yes, I found those sites too. They don't provide specifics though.

For example, I know a Canada passport photo needs to be 50x70mm in size, font facing, no smiling, no galre or shadow, from my chin to top of my head needs to be 31-36mm, can not modify via Photoshop, etc. I know with Thailand it's 2 million in the bank, and 4 Thai employees.

I don't know what it is for Laos though, and I can't seem to find it. All I really find is people asking the same question, because there doesn't seem to be any info online.

My best bet right now is just to fire Leo off into Laos, ask him to consult with an immigration lawyer, and hope for the best.
    Since you've clearly got all the important issues sorted out, such as your invitation from a Lao company, surely they should be helping you with these petty details

In fact what you're really talking about is a work permit "I know with Thailand it's 2 million in the bank, and 4 Thai employees" which possibly might be found via this link. According to this site ther foreigner proportion for employees is "no more than 25%". However you seem to be totally confused. First of all it's business visa information you seek, then it's work permits and now we're on the really important stuff - the size of the passport photo

I think we deserve to know - will you be holding your white stick in the photo?
    Last edited by frequent; September 15th, 2017 at 12:43.

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lcsulla View Post

Thanks, and I found that site yesterday too. Again, no actual specifics though, and just basic / overview information.

I think we'll just have to get Leo to visit an immigration lawyer when he goes back to Laos, and hope for the best.

@frequent -- I'm not looking for a job in Laos. I have work for me covered. However, what I do need is a long-term VISA, because being an illegal immigrant sucks. I could be wrong, but I'm assuming Laos must have something similar to Thailand. Start a small business (eg. internet cafe, restaurant, etc.), provide employment for X Laos citizens, and get a VISA. Leo would run the shop, while I'm busy doing my software thing. We'll just tell the government I run it, so I don't have to worry about VISAs anymore.

Liked

Oh, for fuck sakes.... are there by chance any good hearted farangs in Khon Kaen out there who can help me fill out a passport application? We tried, it didn't work.

Then Leo gets angry at me for going crazy. Well, no shit, try being blind.

Banned
    Liked

Oh, for fuck sakes.... are there by chance any good hearted farangs in Khon Kaen out there who can help me fill out a passport application? We tried, it didn't work.
    OK, I'm game - a passport application? You're renewing your Canadian passport or Leo is applying for a Lao passport?

Liked

Canadian passport. We have everything -- printed forms, manilla envelopes, photos, references, etc. Problem is, I can't see the fucken form, so I can't fill it out. Leo did his best, but it wasn't workable.

Liked

You mean in the same Khon Kaen where the hail storm took place on Sept 10th, less than a week ago? Don't believe me about the hail, check your own link:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/...thern-thailand

Everyone in Chiang Mai ok? We even got it here in Khon Kaen, so it must have been a huge storm in Chiang Mai. I even had to have an argument with Leo as to whether or not ice was falling from the sky. I know what rain feels like, and that wasn't just rain -- that was ice.

LOL

Liked

Well, no shit, try being blind.
    Always the victim eh?
    There's a name for that kind of neurosis, but I can't remember it.

And by the way ... I have legal copyright of the phrase " ... Oh, for fuck's sake ... ". So back off buster and figure out you own cliche.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Canadian passport. We have everything -- printed forms, manilla envelopes, photos, references, etc. Problem is, I can't see the fucken form, so I can't fill it out. Leo did his best, but it wasn't workable.
    There is no such thing as 'refrences' when applying for Canadian passport.
    You need to put more effort into your stories, Matt!

A guarantor is needed when applying for Canadian passport. Just one. You will now turn around and say that by 'refrences' what you really meant is a gurantor, fine! I can be a guarantor for you, I have a valid Canadian passport, as your luck has it, I am in Thailand right now. So I can help you with a form, and I can be your guarantor!

Here is the important bit about the guarantor:
    Guarantor:

All non-simplified passport applications require a guarantor who has known the applicant personally for at least two years.
    If the passport application is for a child, the guarantor must have known the parent (applicant) for at least two years.
    Who may act as your guarantor:
    1/ An individual with a valid Canadian passport:
    Any individual holding a full validity five- or ten-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for less than one year on the day the applicant submits the application.
    This individual must have known the applicant for at least two years.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

And my tel nr: 09091035 eight zero

After we have spoken, I'm going to ask Moses to edit this post and remove the tel nr.
    Speak to you soon, Matt!

Liked

What? Yes, 2 references are required. Go look at the form.

And yes, a guarantor as well. We'll get my vet for that.