Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laos business VISA

Liked

Laos business VISA

Curious, would anyone here by chance have details on Laos business VISA requirements? I tried searching today, and maybe I'm just being blind again, but couldn't really find anything. I got basic details such as types of VISAs available, then a bunch of people asking about Laos, and other people saying it's very difficult. That was about it though.

I'm looking for details. For example, I know in Thailand it's 2 million baht in the bank, business registration and license, and you need to hire 4 Thais. Does anyone by chance know any specifics like that for Laos?

I'm a 36 year old Canadian, and need a long-term VISA of some kind. If it requires me to open up a restaurant or internet cafe or similar, and hire some Laos people, then that's what we will do. I don't want to go back to Canada, and want to stay in a Buddhist soceity.

Also, by chance any info on getting dogs into Laos from Thailand? I'm assuming just a rabies vaccination, correct? I can't possibly see Laos requiring me to get them micro chipped, or anything.

And while on the topic, anyone have details of blacklisting law in Thailand? Assuming I get to the Nong Khai border crossing without a police checkpoint, plus have a brand new Canadian passport in hand, what happens? Do they blacklist me there and then, and let me cross into Laos? Or do I have to goto jail for a few days, and be brought before a judge before being allowed to exit the country?

Too bad John Lennon's wish didn't come true -- "Imagine a world without borders"

Banned
    Liked

Re: Laos business VISA

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Curious, would anyone here by chance have details on Laos business VISA requirements? I tried searching today, and maybe I'm just being blind again, but couldn't really find anything.
    Since you've been gone from Canada, Matt, the Internet has exploded with what are called "search engines". A popular one is Google and its first two results provided all the information I'd have thought anyone would need:
    http://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa.html
    https://laos.travisa.com/Common/TVSV...tizenshipid=CA

Essentially - and this is a technical term - you're screwed if you can't find, beg, borrow, or bribe a Lao business sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I ... want to stay in a Buddhist soceity.
    Can I suggest Burma? They're a staunchly Buddhist society, much in the news these days for undertaking some ethnic cleansing - a mere detail I'm sure

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2017)

Liked

I've bought the fucking popcorn now. So get in that fucking boat with two dogs, Leo from Laos, the Bitcoin hard drive and fucking give your adoring readers the thrills and spills they deserve. Now is not the time to get writer's block Mattyboy.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Since you've been gone from Canada, Matt, the Internet has exploded with what are called "search engines". A popular one is Google and its first two results provided all the information I'd have thought anyone would need:
    http://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa.html
    https://laos.travisa.com/Common/TVSV...tizenshipid=CA

Essentially - and this is a technical term - you're screwed if you can't find, beg, borrow, or bribe a Lao business sponsor
    Can I suggest Burma? They're a staunchly Buddhist society, much in the news these days for undertaking some ethnic cleansing - a mere detail I'm sure

Yes, I found those sites too. They don't provide specifics though.

For example, I know a Canada passport photo needs to be 50x70mm in size, font facing, no smiling, no galre or shadow, from my chin to top of my head needs to be 31-36mm, can not modify via Photoshop, etc. I know with Thailand it's 2 million in the bank, and 4 Thai employees.

I don't know what it is for Laos though, and I can't seem to find it. All I really find is people asking the same question, because there doesn't seem to be any info online.

My best bet right now is just to fire Leo off into Laos, ask him to consult with an immigration lawyer, and hope for the best.

Liked

When looking to bribe an official from Laos I always find that fairy dust is the recipients preferred currency. Failing that a chocolate bar with a golden ticket should suffice.

Liked

bArsenal, put the drugs down, and fuck off.

Liked

I understand the simplest way to get from KK to Laos is the follow The Yellow Brick Road. Can anyone confirm this?

Liked

Buddhists can teach you how to levitate yourself and your dogs across the Mekong river to Laos.

Liked

Ok, so no compassion coming forward from Westerners? Got it.

Liked

And your expectations were.....?