Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turkish Airlines

Liked

Turkish Airlines

Just checking flights from DUB to BKK for early January, and Turkish are coming in a little below Emirates and Etihad. Has anyone experience of flying with Turkish? I've flown both of the others and prefer Emirates, just because Dubai is a better place to transit (in my opinion).

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Banned
    Liked

Liked

Re: Turkish Airlines

Thanks for your reply, frequent. Sorry, I should have been clearer (more clear?) in my OP. I really wanted information on the transit experience at Istanbul airport, compared to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I find airline reviews are very personal and flight specific, like hotels, but I wouldn't base my plans on them.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

As per my experience:

- Airports:
    1 Dubai
    2 Istanbul
    3 Abu Dhabi

- Flights:
    1. Etihad
    2. Emirates
    3. Turkish
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I've no interest in shopping in Airports before, during, or between flights - all I want is a seat and some food and booze.

First time I (and my travelling companion, now deceased) used Dubai, we soon found that a seat was out of the question and that the only outlet selling alcohol was the Irish Bar (highly appropriate) about 30 minutes walk each way from where we were catching our onward flight.

Of course we endured the walk! I think the beer was about 7 or 8 pounds a pint mind you. Another time in DBX we got bottled beers with a Pizza and we were congratulating ourselves on finding another booze outlet when after 3 each, we realised it was having no effect and re-examined the bottles to find we had been drinking extortionately priced non-alcoholic beer

Ever since then I've used Airport Lounges before and between flights and I find them the most relaxing part of the journey. I can get a comfy seat, some kind of snack, and some kind of booze - and if I want to go for a pee then I don't have to worry about coming back to find my Ipad has been nicked.

I only fly economy and I'm not loyal (I fly on price)so I don't have any airline privilege access to lounges. I use Priority Pass and I use it both for leisure and on business (though I tend not to fly within the UK anymore - can't stand the hassle - and use train instead)

If this *really* might be your last trip to Thailand Joe, you might consider using the lounges at Dubai or wherever you end up transiting. You can buy individual passes rather than join a scheme.

Beware Doha though - no booze at all in the airport lounges, not even beer (as I just discovered) Dubai is a different matter - help yourself to beers and pour your (unlimited) own drinks from bottles of premium spirits in the Al Mahabrata lounges - even at 2am !! (apologies for spelling)

Liked

Regarding booze at Doha airport , I was there in Nov last year and no trouble in getting a drink

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I've no interest in shopping in Airports before, during, or between flights - all I want is a seat and some food and booze.
    I usually cruise the bogs

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yes...grindr is excellent for that..

Liked

Surely the point of Grindr is that you don't have to cruise the bogs?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Regarding booze at Doha airport , I was there in Nov last year and no trouble in getting a drink
    In the Airport lounge (which is what I referred to)? Specifically the Al Maha Transit Lounge?

There was no booze whatsoever on 3rd September 2017