Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pink Tulip hotel?

Liked

Re: Pink Tulip hotel?

I have only very little toiletries, nothing to share. I don't use perfume, and even more important I don't like any cosmetics/perfume on my sexual partners.

That leaves not much I could give to boys as presents: chocolate (I bring kilograms of German chocolate and cookies every time I enter Thailand from Germany, but I keep all of it in my fridge, transport/storage in the tropics would be a problem) and underwear (but here I have to get the right size depending on the boy).

Back to the subject: I stayed in Pink Tulip in 2015 (?) and found it okay. What I most vividly remember is that the gap between door and frame was so wide, you could almost look into the room.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by extronaut View Post
    I'm not sure tipping is the done thing in Vietnam,...
    I don't know, either. Bob's our resident expert on Vietnam ; I'm sure he'd know.

A Vietnamese girl who I met on a Halong Bay cruise - she was with her English boyfriend - told me it was not customary to tip.

I give tips to hotel staff, regardless. They are underpaid and overworked, imho. And under-appreciated, I think. A tip at the beginning of the stay ensures excellent service, which in turn earns them another tip when I leave.

Winners all around!

In Thailand I tend to stay at the same hotels and kind of know the staff, so I tip them at the end of the trip.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Tipping in Vietnam? Always welcome. Exceptions exist of course.

My partner was 7 yrs old when the war ended and at least the first 15 of the post war years were a severe struggle for everyone. I think that growing up in that era is why he always sympathises with the working class here and always gives them something to reward their service.

4. User who gave Like to post:

searcher (May 4th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by extronaut View Post
    Except that the place suffers for lack of a 24 hour front desk. To get back in after 12, I had to wake up the bloke who sleeps in the lobby. The manager swore that was ok, that it wasn't a problem, and I should feel free to stay out and enjoy the Nightlife as much as I want..
    At least he woke up for you!
    I spent 30 mins knocking and trying to get in... and only managed to wake the neighbours!
    One of them then came over and kept bashing the shutters until the night porter work up!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

At Arthur and Paul Hotel in Pnohm Pehn, the night watchman sleeps with his "bed" up against the front gate. If he doesn't wake up you can prod him through the bars! Lol

That's where that bloke in the hotel should sleep, not in the lobby where he can't hear guests returning.

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 4th, 2018)