Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thailand has hail again!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand has hail again!

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    sglad wrote.
    "Perhaps Dorothy thinks she's still in Kansas."

Well lions don't like water, a scarecrow would get waterlogged and a tin man would just sink so perhaps swimming across The Mekong River isn't such a good idea.
    No, it isn't but he's not going to swim across with his entourage, is he? Like Dorothy, he's going to be caught up in a tornado, together with his pick-up, two dogs and boyfriend and they are going to end up intact in Vientiane where they'll follow the Yellow Noodle Road for an all-new fantasy-adventure. A new location is fertile ground for new story arcs: banal generalisations on the Laotian way of life (versus Thai), possible amnesia, the appearance of a long-lost twin, new loves, new jealousies, etc, etc. The announcement of his move alone has revived interest in his tales. He's lasted eight years on this board with 3000+ posts - obviously somebody somewhere is following the soap opera.

Liked

This is comical. I'm being called out as a lair (for the 6000-0th time), and now by someone who quite obviously isn't who he says he is. So SGlad, if you've been floating around the forum for 8 years, what were your previous handles?

I've stuck with this onr handle my entire tenure. How about you?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    So SGlad, if you've been floating around the forum for 8 years, what were your previous handles?
    I've floated long enough to be able to subtract 2009, the year you joined, from 2017, the current year, to come up with the number eight. The year we joined and the number of posts we've made are clearly displayed on our profile panel on the left.

I'm not calling you anything. I'm just curious about hail. I come from the tropics and have never seen it and have yet to see snow. It's been two days since your initial post. Where is that hailstorm? I've been on the lookout and so have my friends in Khon Kaen. They're excited about it too. Maybe if you click your heels together three times and try really really hard you'll be able to show us a report or two about this unusual weather phenomenon that you experienced two-three days ago that allegedly also occurred in Chiang Mai.
    Last edited by sglad; September 12th, 2017 at 21:31.

Liked

...by someone who quite obviously isn't who he says he is. So SGlad...
    Pot-kettle-black?

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (September 13th, 2017), francois (September 14th, 2017)

Liked

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/...thern-thailand

Everyone in Chiang Mai ok? We even got it here in Khon Kaen, so it must have been a huge storm in Chiang Mai. I even had to have an argument with Leo as to whether or not ice was falling from the sky. I know what rain feels like, and that wasn't just rain -- that was ice.

Crazy. Can't wait for the next US Republican to enter the Senate chambers with a snowball in a ziploc bag to prove that climate change isn't really. And yes, that actually happened.

Speaking of extreme weather, it is very hot in Pattaya, temperature is the usual 30C - 32C, but it is humid, even night time and early mornings have been hot. 2am sitting on the beach is too hot, no wind. Looks like temperatures here won't change all week.
    Was thinking last night of escaping to Bangkok, but apparently temperature this week there is 35C 36C.

Even Beach Rd expat chess players club has moved inside Central today.

Liked

I could go for some +35 weather again. It's +1 here at the moment.

Liked

I could go for some +35 weather again. It's +1 here at the moment.
    I don't like this heat, would be happy to have -1 for a day

Cdnmatt, since you're here, remember we spoke about optical nerves, and you'd show us some doctor paper, if I posted my medical records? Good news! I have my test results today, and I'm gonna post some pics, just my name blacked out, you ready to post some papers, as we agreed?

I lost the thread where we were talking about this.

Liked

Don't be stupid, I'm not posting my medical records on SGT. That's especially true since I can't use an imaging program to black out my personal details.

If you don't believe I'm blind, come visit me in Vientiane once I get there.

Liked

Don't be stupid, I'm not posting my medical records on SGT. That's especially true since I can't use an imaging program to black out my personal details.

Cmon, you promised!

I posted a cover, and a date of med check up, no test results, this way no one can say these are medical records.

Here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...met-Leo/page40

Liked

Not sure how I feel about meeting in person. Often people who seem very nice online are not very nice in real life, and often people who seem total assholes online are nice in real life. It's always tricky.