List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking a Thai BF to a go-go bar?

Liked

Re: Taking a Thai BF to a go-go bar?

I have a Lao boyfriend, does that count ? We went to the go-go bars a few times, just to see the show. Can't be bothered nowadays, as drinking prices are simply not what I am prepared to pay.

You are now moving to Vientiane ? Wow much better idea then Chiang Mai. You will have to sort out the visa though, and remember doing a monthly visa run into Thailand might not be feasible, because you are now limited to only two overland exempt stamps in a calender year. Having said that, the Lao most likely still allow you to purchase a 30 day visa each time, so it might actually work, you'll have a bunch of entry refused stamps from Thailand this way

Liked

I would think "the boys" don't like gogo bars, since (i) they don't need to go there to see guys of their own age in speedos & (ii) there is always the risk of their farang friend finding a new boy.

Moving to Vientiane solves the gogo problem, since there aren't any.

I thought Laos had some reasonable rules for farang to get visas for business, or something. But could be mistaken.

As for heavily fortified border, well a lot of it is river & there are many boats around. I wouldn't want to cross it illegally, but it can hardly be like the iron curtain.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    You will have to sort out the visa though, and remember doing a monthly visa run into Thailand might not be feasible, because you are now limited to only two overland exempt stamps in a calender year.
    Mmmm...could be difficult getting those stamps, as he apparently doesn't have a passport.

I guess he could always get a stamp on the back of his hand - you know, like the one you get when you enter a night club.

4. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (September 12th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Not me. I'm waiting for the film to come out!
    I say the same thing to purveyors of The Big Issue magazine if I'm in a country where they're sold on the streets

Liked

For fuck sake ... now this Canadian nut job is going to move to Laos after begging for help and assurance that his upcoming move to Chiang Mai was a done deal, cut in stone, the end game, while at the same time going blinder and blinder by the minute, knowing full well that it's hard to see those pesky land mines strewn through the dark back alleys of Vientiane even when one is 20/20.

An amazing tour de force of utter bunkum (also known as 100% bullshit). H L Mencken would be all over this nonsense.
    Last edited by Smiles; September 12th, 2017 at 14:36.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 14th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I honestly have a hard time faulting that decision, except for the fuck he better not fuck me over. He's been taking care of me every single day since I went blind though, so if there's anyone I can trust in this life, it's him.
    Let's face it you told him just a few short weeks ago that you were prepared to spend 500K baht buying him a Thailand Elite visa. He's got your (supposed) wealth counted down to the last satang

Liked

Aware of the dangers of a cyber security 'break in' Commander Dude Matt has gone temporarily AWOL. Fully conversant with all electronic gadgetry smadgetry he knows that if even the merest hint of this planned to the minute getaway becomes public then his and Leo from Laos lives would be in danger. There is little that the hardened crime syndicates wouldn't do to get their hands on the hard drive literally bursting with a Bitcoin bonanza.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Mmmm...could be difficult getting those stamps, as he apparently doesn't have a passport.

I guess he could always get a stamp on the back of his hand - you know, like the one you get when you enter a night club.
    Nana, you can be really funny sometimes.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I would think "the boys" don't like gogo bars, since (i) they don't need to go there to see guys of their own age in speedos & (ii) there is always the risk of their farang friend finding a new boy.
    ...or running into an old colleague or two.

P.S. Why wouldn't want they want to see sexy guys their age in briefs? Plenty of younger guys go to see the shows in Soi Twilight.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    (iii) the more intelligent boys - especially the many who have been brought up by the country's education system to see Thailand as the "best" country in the world - will find it demeaning, shaming and an affront to their beliefs to see their countrymen openly bought and sold at the whim of capricious foreigners,

(iv) anyone who, like me, prefers to have a heterosexual (though accommodating) temporary holiday companion will know that a straight boy understandably finds boy go go bars simply boring.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]