Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Patong/Phuket?

Liked

Re: Updates on Patong/Phuket?

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    ...rented car from the airport so no transport issues which are often the biggest hassle there.
    But the problem to find parking remains.

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/201...29nov2016.html

Phuket (Patong) 29nov2016

Summary: Food is overpriced (twice of what you would pay elsewhere), gogo bars reasonably priced and good offers, beach looks much nicer than in Pattaya and now has umbrellas coming back, but still no beach chairs. Many Russian and Chinese tourists. As a gay prostitution destination, I consider Phuket a good alternative to Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai.

Liked

I thought it was only a couple years since I visited Phuket, but checking back diaries I see last visit was 2013...4 years ago! I've been visiting Phuket since 2000, I used to visit at least twice a year, often 3 times a year to about 2010 at the start of trips as I found it a nice relaxing start to a Thailand visit. I tend to use Jomtien nowadays for the same 'settling in' purpose. After I hooked up with bf trips were less from about 2008 to 2013, but still made the effort at least annually. Will be interesting to see what (if any) after hours/late night clubs/karaokes are still on the go.

Nowadays as with Bkk and Pattaya......gay orientated bars/clubs/karaokes not that vital, still give them most custom but equally comfortable at any live music bar or club. So we'll see what's on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    But the problem to find parking remains
    Thanks for the link to your blogspot regarding Patong, I had read before but forgot about it, some good info. Regarding the parking problem......I assume you refer specifically to Patong. I have driven around Phuket many times over the years and always found tons of parking at all locations visited all over the Island. Yes, Patong is a challenge, but one fortunate side effect of a change of accommodation base from the Paradise Complex to C&N hotel just along the road, is they have available parking for guests. When renting a car in all other parts of Thailand I always have a 4x4/bigger vehicle, in Phuket it's a Honda Jazz which can squeeze into some small spaces when necessary. Being able to leave the car parked at C&N when in Patong is all I need as all places we visit in Patong are walkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I can't comment on the bars- my boyfriend and I were at the far end of Patong Beach out of choice- but I can offer a word of optimism about the rainy season weather....sunny the whole time, not a drop of rain. Our previous visit in September three years ago was the same. Hope I haven't tempted the weather-gods by saying this....
    Never mind the 'weather gods' I'll hold you personally responsible for any long lasting serious downpours we encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
    when i was there in june with my cambodian bf, the bars were very quiet, if i was going there i would def take a boy with me, loved Phuket and all the beaches and things to do on motor bikes, BUT patatya its not
    The early years of my visits 2000-2008 or so, gay areas and bars/clubs were always busy with boys and customers, thankfully that tied in with being my more adventurous/energetic/frantic holiday years when the schedule was.....wake 3-4pm from previous night/morning 6am bedtime, eat as it started to get dark late afternoon in time to hit the entertainment spots all night again....and repeat. After that I became more in tune with driving round the Island, discovering 'daytime' with bf enjoying all the other stuff I had missed in those early years as Patong began to get quieter. As you say, pattaya it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    I had been at Patong last August very quite due the low season .most of the time was cloudy with occasional rain.not many boys at Royal Paradise complex but some cute boys at the massage parlors .most of the gay venues were close or not fully operated I had great fun at ZAG very nice ambience, Boat Bar was really a joke far cry from its glory days years ago my favorite gogo bar My Way was close.stay at the Connect guesthouse very disappointing the rooms need urgent renovation.

I can not recommend the C&N hotel as far as I remember it's not gay friendly and the rooms are dark and gloomy
    I never really liked My Way as the owner was a nuisance. I preferred Tangmo as I got on well with the mamasan there and he had great contacts in available boys outside the bars, especially in the clubs and karaokes at the far end of Patong. Back then lock-ins were common at a few of the Paradise Complex bars. Stayed couple times at Connect when Jochems/KnudsBar Guesthouse was full, usually in the tower room, but never really cared for Connect. When Knud got forced out I usually stayed at Sundowners who had a couple of big rooms with balconies.

When did you last stay at C&N? Reason I ask is that I have never come across any reports of issues with gay friendliness there, in fact colmx a member here has stayed many times (with bf?) and recommends it. Also they have refurbished/remodelled rooms which have bright blue backdrop lights and appear to be anything but dark. Pool not important for us, have booked a bigger, what they call 'VIP' room so we'll see how we get on.

Liked

When did you last stay at C&N? Reason I ask is that I have never come across any reports of issues with gay friendliness there, in fact colmx a member here has stayed many times (with bf?) and recommends it. Also they have refurbished/remodelled rooms which have bright blue backdrop lights and appear to be anything but dark.
    As NewAlaan says above - we (BF & I) have stayed in the C&N on our last 3 visits to Patong, never ever any issue with joiners - except that there were never enough for me! Joiners have to sign in to guestbook in reception...but that policy is applied equally across both sexes.

The refurbished rooms with the White doors are anything but gloomy - they are like something from Star Trek with the bright blue LED lighting

Agree about ZAG being a great spot for some late night drinking... Unfortunately my BF recommended to all of our Khmer "gang" from last trip that they should move and to work in Pattaya... which they dutifully did (within a week of our visit) - so we will have to find a new gang on next trip!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    As NewAlaan says above - we (BF & I) have stayed in the C&N on our last 3 visits to Patong, never ever any issue with joiners - except that there were never enough for me! Joiners have to sign in to guestbook in reception...but that policy is applied equally across both sexes.

The refurbished rooms with the White doors are anything but gloomy - they are like something from Star Trek with the bright blue LED lighting

Agree about ZAG being a great spot for some late night drinking... Unfortunately my BF recommended to all of our Khmer "gang" from last trip that they should move and to work in Pattaya... which they dutifully did (within a week of our visit) - so we will have to find a new gang on next trip!
    Yes, I thought you usually had joiners as well as bf at the C&N, maybe just a particular member of staff had an issue when Boy69 visited. ZAG late night drinking, hope that's still the case. What about the disco and small clubs which were always up at the far end of Patong turning right out of Paradise past C&N direction? I realise with 4 years passing since my last visit might well be many changes.

You visit any of the bigger mixed disco/clubs/music bars outside Paradise?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Update for Alaan.

My Way is currently closed for refurbishment, but it sounds like this won't be a loss to you.

Tangmo continues as always with it's selection of more camp guys.

Also still gogo at Passport and OK.

Zag club goes from strength to strength. They have now taken on the best show performers from the Boat Bar, and still have cute coyote guys. The party carries on until 0300 or later.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 19th, 2017), Surfcrest (September 19th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Update for Alaan.

My Way is currently closed for refurbishment, but it sounds like this won't be a loss to you.

Tangmo continues as always with it's selection of more camp guys.

Also still gogo at Passport and OK.

Zag club goes from strength to strength. They have now taken on the best show performers from the Boat Bar, and still have cute coyote guys. The party carries on until 0300 or later.
    Thanks for that Brad, good to see you're still on the go, over the years you've always been one of the few here who've been consistent with reliable Phuket info.

Also good to see 3am+ for Zag. I don't know if it's the same guy who is involved with My Way as before, the available guys there never interested me anyway, but the self-indulgent owner just sealed the reason for it not to be a regular haunt, so yes probably not a miss.

Sounds like Boat Bar may have seen better days, it'll be interesting just to see what's still on offer around Paradise.

Liked

Yes ZAG is very good I enjoyed to be there in my last trip on August great ambience, polite staff and show was very entertaining, On the contrary Boat Bar was a big disappointing the ladyboys show was a joke and the whole place look like a shady garage it's a far cry from its glory days years ago.

Liked

I don't know if it's the same guy who is involved with My Way as before, the available guys there never interested me anyway, but the self-indulgent owner just sealed the reason for it not to be a regular haunt, so yes probably not a miss.
    Bad news is that AFAIK the owner of ZAG and MyWay are the same... They were certainly sharing staff between both venues on my last visit...

As for the other late night clubs... we never got beyond ZAG on our last visit... Like Heart of Darkness in Phnom it had an atmosphere that reminded us of the old X-Ray in Pattaya and we didn't need to venture elsewhere...

Incidentally I saw my one and only Thai "ghost" in C&N... BF is always seeing ghosts... I have never seen one... But the shadow crossing our room on our last night frightened the beezejus out of me!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    Yes ZAG is very good I enjoyed to be there in my last trip on August great ambience, polite staff and show was very entertaining, On the contrary Boat Bar was a big disappointing the ladyboys show was a joke and the whole place look like a shady garage it's a far cry from its glory days years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Bad news is that AFAIK the owner of ZAG and MyWay are the same... They were certainly sharing staff between both venues on my last visit...

As for the other late night clubs... we never got beyond ZAG on our last visit... Like Heart of Darkness in Phnom it had an atmosphere that reminded us of the old X-Ray in Pattaya and we didn't need to venture elsewhere...

Incidentally I saw my one and only Thai "ghost" in C&N... BF is always seeing ghosts... I have never seen one... But the shadow crossing our room on our last night frightened the beezejus out of me!
    Good to see there's going to be a decent late-ish night venue in the Complex to enjoy. 3-4am is my limit nowadays anyway. As long as the owner I refer to keeps away from the mike, something he found difficult to resist in previous years.

Regarding this 'ghost', and this just might be a coincidence...but if he appeared after 5am in the form of a gentleman with a top hat, carrying a cane, the Johnny Walker logo from the front of the 'Red' bottle you probably just consumed 'appearing' in your mind just might be closer to the truth. I'll keep this info from bf, he's a 'believer' too!

Liked

Regarding this 'ghost'.. if he appeared after 5am in the form of a gentleman with a top hat, carrying a cane...
    Maybe Colmx should enquire if Arsenal was in Phuket at the same time.