Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Patong/Phuket?

Liked

Updates on Patong/Phuket?

Have decided to make a return to Phuket/Patong on upcoming Thailand trip later this month. I realise it's rainy low season time down there Sept/Oct, but not that bothered about rain etc.. Anyway have booked at C & N Hotel just outside Paradise Complex for a change and will have a rented car from the airport so no transport issues which are often the biggest hassle there. Flying there from Suvarnabhumi with ThaiSmile (Thaiair subsid)rather than Don Muang, so easy taxi from Jomtien.

Just to see if anyone has visited recently, and can update boy/gay bars, Music bars/clubs/discos. Trip reports are few and far between here nowadays with Phuket one's almost non-existent........but surely some members are still making the trip there?

Appreciate any info.

Liked

Re: Updates on Patong/Phuket?

I can't comment on the bars- my boyfriend and I were at the far end of Patong Beach out of choice- but I can offer a word of optimism about the rainy season weather....sunny the whole time, not a drop of rain. Our previous visit in September three years ago was the same. Hope I haven't tempted the weather-gods by saying this....

Liked

when i was there in june with my cambodian bf, the bars were very quiet, if i was going there i would def take a boy with me, loved Phuket and all the beaches and things to do on motor bikes, BUT patatya its not

Liked

Looks like Phuket is on its last legs then.
    I was thinking of going in the near future.
    Its been 8 years since I stayed.
    Connect Guesthouse is my preferred venue.
    I hope it's still there.

Liked

Connect was still there last September - I had a few drinks on the terrace.

We stayed in Aquarius and took the room with the Jacuzzi at approx 50GBP per night. Huge room, huge bathroom, absolutely spotless and everything worked!

Staff were very helpful in organising taxis for excursions etc (which is a major headache in Phuket) and I would recommend it if you don't stay in Connect

Liked

I recommend the taxis but not the Patong equivalent of the baht-bus; they charge a flat-rate of 200 bht per journey and operate a successful cartel.
    Patong was surprisingly busy when we were there; the friendly taxi driver who became our guide claimed that there was little difference between the wet and dry seasons, though the pricing and occupancy of our hotel suggested otherwise. I've never seen the Paradise area anything other than very quiet, even on my first visit in 1998..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Connect was still there last September - I had a few drinks on the terrace.
    WHAT !!! You were in thailand last September and you didn't you notify Minimee in advance to provide the usual full documentary evidence of landed stamped visa exemption form and photo of you outside a bar with a dated newspaper all as required for all confirmations purposes by him !? Don't be letting your admin slip so shabbily next time or next time there's a chance he might not believe you and it'll all be your OWN fault now you hear !!

Liked

If I remember correctly SG DID post a copy of a receipt for a snack in Fiddys Patong. Strange as I thought he didn't care.

Liked

I had been at Patong last August very quite due the low season .most of the time was cloudy with occasional rain.not many boys at Royal Paradise complex but some cute boys at the massage parlors .most of the gay venues were close or not fully operated I had great fun at ZAG very nice ambience, Boat Bar was really a joke far cry from its glory days years ago my favorite gogo bar My Way was close.stay at the Connect guesthouse very disappointing the rooms need urgent renovation and the corridors are dark and dangerous at night one wrong step and you may fall downstairs it was my first and last stay there.
    I can not recommend the C&N hotel as far as I remember it's not gay friendly and the rooms are dark and gloomy better the K-hotel with nice pool and green surroundings or the Aquarious gay guesthouse with its freindly staff and very good breakfast or Adonis guesthouse.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pennyboy View Post
    If I remember correctly SG DID post a copy of a receipt for a snack in Fiddys Patong. Strange as I thought he didn't care.
    I don't care - I treat MiniMee's obsession as more of a joke than anything else. However I'm glad you mentioned the receipt as I have just remembered the expression on my BFs face as he bit into his first and only "Roll and Square Sausage"