List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Glasshouse. High season prices but low season food.

Liked

The Glasshouse. High season prices but low season food.

As this forum's number one restaurant critic it pains me to write reviews of lousy restaurant food but sadly I must. Lunch at The Glasshouse yesterday was a rather sad state of affairs. The crispy squid consisted of tasteless pieces of squid in a thick overcooked batter. Served in a bowl with a few cashews and inedible green leaves it was a tragedy of a dish. The shrimp and pomelo salad managed to be worse.. The pomelo was fine and mixed with plenty of chilli and crisped rice. However. The three miserable shrimp were devoid of flavour and had a flaccid wooly texture. Perhaps they died of melancholy. Grim. The steamed rice was fine. For the food. a pineapple smoothie and a latte I paid 625 baht. Service was as wonderful as it always is and when I asked for something to dip the squid in (a sort of culinary mouth to mouth resuscitation) they quickly provided soy and chilli sauces and wedges of lime. Regardless of the disappointing food I still had a lovely time and will go there again because it's still Pattaya's most beautiful restaurant. The Glasshouse is located on the beach about 1km south of Jomtien Beach.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 8th, 2017)

Liked

Re: The Glasshouse. High season prices but low season food.

Is it on Jomtien beach road between the Police Station at Chyapuak and where the road turns inland at the open air seafood restaurant?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Liked

And after a sumptuous dinner in Bang Saray why not hop on the motorbike and take coffee and dessert there on the way back to Pattaya.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i really dont understand u Aresetroll.....u go to a restaurant...the food was world class shyte...but because its the " place to be seen in" u will willingly go back...?!?!..at least Im not that desperate to climb whatever social ladder u r trying to .....LOL...barf...
    However in saying this..i do appreciate a nice ambiance..but not at the cost of what u describe as an inedible meal.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Yraen (September 6th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...at least Im not that desperate to climb whatever social ladder u r trying to ....
    You climbing the social ladder?

Don't kid yourself - no matter how much you polish a turd, people can still smell it.

Liked

Latin. It's a well known fact that the food is but one reason why people go to a restaurant and the food is usually very good. Let me know when you've been there and then we can discuss this properly. At night the place hums with hundreds of people enjoying themselves. So maybe it's not for you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...so if the food is usually good why didn't u point that out in your original report instead of trashing the place..u probably cant even boil an egg...but fancy yourself as some sort of foodie...

Liked

My back catalogue is there for all to peruse Rabbi.

3 minutes for a.soft boiled egg. Always start with cold water. And I'm sure you do but you really shouldn't keep eggs in the fridge.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

peruse...LOL...airs & graces...more like pearls before swine..what a joke..