FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone reside in Chaing Mai?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Anyone reside in Chaing Mai?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    But what's the stated aim given when the "service" is sold to you ( I'm assuming from reading the above that it's compulsory ? )
    Firstly, it's mainly Thai's who have "Red Boxes", so its not really intended to monitor Farangs. The face value benefits are: i) That the Police keep an eye on your property, ii)Sends a message to local robbers and thieves that you are "protected", and to neighbours that you are one of the good guys who support the Police.

As per previous post, in my opinion, it is the less obvious benefits that make it worthwhile.

It is not compulsory, I know plenty of cynical farangs and economical Thai's who've declined the service. Of course, it's usually the same farang who complain about lack of Police response when they get burgled.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

Liked

You should use the app mister bnb, it's like air bnb but for gays. I just looked and there's loads of junk in that area listed. You'd have to search through and see what listings if any match ur needs.

Liked

No, BongTong is right, and they have been doing a crackdown on foreigners in the past ~12 months. It's been happening here in Khon Kaen as well, so I'm sure the same is true for Chiang Mai.

If you're a property / house owner, you're required by law to fill out some form and report to the government if / when a foreign alient is living within your residence. Not too big of a deal for us, except just need to find a landlord who's willing to forget to submit that form to the government.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If you're a property / house owner, you're required by law to fill out some form and report to the government if / when a foreign alien is living within your residence. Not too big of a deal for us, except just need to find a landlord who's willing to forget to submit that form to the government.
    I suspect many Thai landlords don't want to know about it. If you are here on a visa it becomes an issue if you have to do 90 day reports or extensions. I know guys who have been fined when doing 90 day reports because the landlord hadn't/wouldn't filed the TM30 - it should be the landlord who gets fined but I guess fining the farang instead is easier .
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Matt, please do tell us why you don't have a Canadian passport any longer. You said, "We don't have ID, except for a Laos passport". ???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Matt, please do tell us why you don't have a Canadian passport any longer. You said, "We don't have ID, except for a Laos passport". ???
    I assumed Matt meant from that that whilst he may HAVE his Canadian passport in his possession that being an illegal he can't of course use that in any official way now in Thailand or it would of course simply flag up his existence and presence to the authorities - and to do so when giving them a registered address would of course be an incredibly stupid thing to do if and when the immigration department did their checks ( assuming they do) and came out to give him a free taxi ride to jail or the airport or both the very next morning.

You see Matt this is one of those times that HAVING a big wad of cash rolled up in 1000 baht notes in your safe at home could well be useful as I'm guessing the immigration service don't accept Bitcoin, either for overstay payments or more importantly for bribes !

Liked

You might also want to find out of the Thai Immigration Office will allow you to pay the fine (500 baht per day) in Bitcoin.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (September 4th, 2017), neddy3 (September 4th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dont ask rude questions..its his personal life...he's a blind 35 year old bitcoin billionaire with a bubble butted toy boy and two slobbery dogs when the toy boy isnt available to pander to his sexual needs....thats all u need to know...anyway if one has bitcoins instead of real money then who needs a passport...am sure there is a bitcoin alternative to a mere paper dicument carried by ordinary mortals...
    ...and here I get accused of making stuff up...

Banned
    Liked

Payments will be in cash or transfer into Thai bank account.
    Shome mishtake shurely? What happened to Bitcoin as the answer to every sodomite's prayers?
    I'm looking for someone who's on the ground in Chaing Mai and can provide assistance
    You're actually prepared to meet someone? In the flesh as it were?

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 12th, 2017), Smiles (September 4th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Shome mishtake shurely? What happened to Bitcoin as the answer to every sodomite's prayers?
    You're actually prepared to meet someone? In the flesh as it were?
    I took this request for help as the final rebuff to the naysayers.
    Of course somebody here or a friend will have to meet this gentleman and his boyfriend, dogs and and accoutrements in order to set him up.
    I think he'll be very happy to meet anyone of you if you can be of assistance during this awkward time.
    Ya'll need to be careful that your help is given differentally, preferably through a Thai citizen.
    I don't carry my gorgeous but illegal Cambodian on my motorbike any more, for instance.
    He follows me on a motocyke taxi nowadays.
    If the BIB stop him the love of my life is on his own.
    I prefer to see him through the cell bars than to be inside looking out with him.
    At least I can offer some assistance from outside but always from a discreet distance. It has happened.
    Yes Nong Khai might be better than Chiang Mai.
    Rowing or Wet Backing across the Mae Nam Kong would at least be an option in a pinch.