Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anyone reside in Chaing Mai?

Liked

Re: Anyone reside in Chaing Mai?

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Ah, yes. Tintin.

We have a member here with that name. He told us that he got the name from the cartoon series.

Mind you, he hardly ever posts; all he ever seems to do is go to the trouble of logging on just to give likes to Matt and surfcrest. They're his favourites. Then he strangely disappears.
    I didn't "strangely disappear". I just have better things to do than to post here daily.

Oh, and I don't give likes to people. I give likes to interesting posts that contribute substantially to the discussion, and I will continue to do so.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    And what struck me today was that the creator of the whole Matt saga could have been inspired by Tintin, "the Belgian boy reporter (who did not travel alone. From the very beginning to the very end he was accompanied by his dog, Snowy.)" Of course Matt is Canadian, older than Tintin, has two dogs instead of just Snowy, is gay, dabbles in cyber-currency, but still...

Also in Tintin, we see the precursor of Leo the Lao. Another quote from Wikipedia: "Chang Chong-Chen is a fictional character in The Adventures of Tintin, the comics series by Belgian cartoonist Herg. Although Chang and Tintin only know each other for a short time, they form a deep bond which drives them to tears when they separate or are re-united". [Not quite hetero if you ask me.]
    Yes, the question about the sexuality of Tintin: Is he hetero, gay, or anything else?

An answer to that question is given in the cartoon "Tintin in Thailand" (which is not written by Herge, but a parody published by an author under the name Bud E. Weyser). Hint: Tintin strands in a gay bar in Chiang Mai, where he runs into Chang...

And no, I don't make this up. Read it for yourself, if you don't believe me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_in_Thailand

3. User who gave Like to post:

Doofus (September 7th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...i would rename it pandora's box
    As in "Hi Pandora, how's your box"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    You see Matt this is one of those times that HAVING a big wad of cash rolled up in 1000 baht notes in your safe at home could well be useful as I'm guessing the immigration service don't accept Bitcoin, either for overstay payments or more importantly for bribes !
    But it was only a few short weeks ago that Matt was telling any of us who still care to believe him - a dwindling number - that any moment now he was popping off to Singapore with his big wad of cash and buy himself a shiny bright new Elite Card (they don't take Bitcoin either)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    As in "Hi Pandora, how's your box"?But it was only a few short weeks ago that Matt was telling any of us who still care to believe him - a dwindling number - that any moment now he was popping off to Singapore with his big wad of cash and buy himself a shiny bright new Elite Card (they don't take Bitcoin either)
    Now, that's not fair as Matt already addressed that to say he was just forward thinking and he didn't mean he was off to do it right there and then as he can't afford perhaps just now as he's poor but maybe in the future when things get going again - after Bitcoin multiples by a million and not just the 10's and 100's and 1000's that it's already multiplied by in the time that he's been getting paid in it over the past few fews which living there " comfortably" and so one would assuming having even a little spare each month, which would now be worth quite a tidy sum it seems - or not if you're Matt just it seems ! ?

Liked

Canadian Dude Matt and Leo from Laos were in police custard (surreal) last night. After a few years of broadcasting his wherabourlts, his circumstances, his family life, his lack of papers, his disabilities, and his financial affairs, including where said financial affairs are stored as well as making plenty of kickass enemies in gayboardland it was only a question of time before someone dobbed him in.
    😀😁😂

Liked

That is simply fake news, arsenal.

There is no way matt could be in custard.

Like everybody else, the police have been unable to find him in KK.

I suggest they should be looking elsewhere.

Liked

Matt CM isn't all that more bigger than KK. If you want big, go BKK. In fact I would probably prefer Udon and KK over Chiang Mai.

Liked

No, location isn't up for debate. The decision has already been made, it's Chiang Mai.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Why would we want to live in Nong Khai? I've been there multiple times, and it's even worse than Khon Kaen. We're trying to move forward in life, not backwards.
    Yet I recall multiple posts extolling the virtues of Khon Kaen, and life thereabouts