Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The terror of shopping

Liked

The terror of shopping

There's nothing that sickens me more that bringing a Thai shopping.
    I know it's far more serious for the straight guys but it can go bad for us too.
    I rarely do it now but I sweat blood when I think back on all the good money I threw away in shopping malls years ago and for NO return.
    I bought a beautiful expensive black leather jacket for Lek around 2005 and ten minutes later he looked so good in it that he was prancing past Ude's bar hand in hand with a cute young Swedish looking Farang and I haven't seen him since.
    The list of dreaded items now include Gold in any shape or form, Smart Phones, Runners, Smart Watches. ....
    And so on.
    Any experiences shared might mitigate my remorse.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 12th, 2017)

Liked

Re: The terror of shopping

I'm going with Latin's probable response on this one. A fool and his money.

4. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (October 11th, 2017)

Liked

I too have a dislike of shopping with my partner . We are now in Pattaya after a trip to Chiang Mai and without doubt, this evening we'll be in Central. He doesn't expect presents from me- I help him enough with living expenses and his business back home- but he does like to spend an inordinate length of time examining produce, discussing it with the assistants in great detail....and then moving on to the next shop . Clothes of course are near the top of the list, perhaps second only to the latest phones and tablets.
    When he does buy- even something as simple as underwear (well it is for me)- I eventually lose patience with the amount of time he spends examining it. He wouldn't thank me for saying this but he reminds me of shopping with my mother as a ten -year-old
    There are two sorts of people in the world; those who love shopping and those for whom it's a necessary evil. In this respect,at least, we're incompatible.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 11th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (October 11th, 2017)

Liked

I have the opposite scenario. My old man never goes shopping, doesn't care for malls (though he likes the food courts) and hardly ever buys anything for himself. Granted, he has an enormous closet ~ as I do ~ which has built itself over the last few years, but in the last 6 or 7 years he keeps telling me he's got enough in there to get lost in, or die. His underwear drawer spills over if not closed properly and his number of shirts would choke a fleet of hippopotimae.
    Besides the volume . . . he's also a criminally sticky-shit and would chase a single satang coin for blocks if he noticed one rolling down the street. All this of course means we hardly ever go to a mall together, except to the movies. And I save a ton of money
    The OP should find himself a low maintence companion!

As for myself, I rather like the big mall here in Hua hin. Nicely air-conned, has my favourite little beer bar, and supplies my need for a Swenson's Choco-Choco every so often. The latter I do on the sly!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

When I went to Si Saket to see my friend's parents, I bought his father a motorbike. It makes me feel less guilty about buying a pair of trainers for the new guy! Of course, I won't actually go shopping with him, just give him the cash, and sit and have a beer till he's done. I don't like shopping for myself, never mind these guys who can spend hours in a mall.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

9. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (October 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

FRM: You have hit upon a universal fear besetting most farang – shopping. I am willing to bet quite a substantial amount that there will not be a single post in this thread in praise of the Shopping With BF.

Aside from the possible greed factor, there is also, as Oliver points out, the torturous waiting time involved as BF examines minutely any potential purchase.

I once visited Pattaya to see a perfectly beautiful boy, previously on the stage at Throb/Splash, whom I had decided to free from a Life of Ignominy. We started out at one mall, went to a second, and by mid-afternoon, credit card terminals declined both of my cards.

Some days later he explained that one of his friends had told him that I was interested in another boy so the Throb/Splash lad decided to get what he could before the opportunity was lost.

I guess at that time I was fairly well known in BT as a butterfly, but a generous one.

What an amazing difference it made to my bank account when my days of shopping with BF(s) and supporting BF(s) came to an end.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (October 11th, 2017), Oliver (October 11th, 2017)

Liked

Joe wrote.
    "When I went to Si Saket to see my friend's parents, I bought his father a motorbike."

Generous. 😋

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Joe wrote.
    "When I went to Si Saket to see my friend's parents, I bought his father a motorbike."

Generous. ��
    Well ... given the number of motorbike deaths in Thailand ...

14. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (October 12th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Generous.
    Yeah ...and now borrowing plane fairs from a sister on the dole.
    Ya gotta watch out for those motorbikes.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

16. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 12th, 2017)

Liked

Frequent and Smiles.
    😀😁😂😃😄😅