Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
Ok, thanks. Just realized when you mentioned border runs, this whole job thing won't work anyway. I already know he'll be unwilling to give up his monthly trips to Laos to visit his freinds and family, and spent time in his village. Then I doubt many bosses will keep someone on who demands a week of vacation every 30 days.

Oh well, up to him, not me. If I was him and actually wanted to work, I'd just setup our charcoal grill on the street beside us, and start selling pork or something, as loads of foot traffic there including lots of school children. He could probably easily pocket say 600 baht/day, times 20 days = 12,000/month. Considering he doesn't have any bills, that's alright for him.

Up to him, just don't complain to me that you're bored and want to work.
Well he COULD just go every three months or so, for a few days. Yes doubt he will remain in a job if he's away for a week each month.

Sorry to highjack the thread a tiny bit:

Which just reminds me of my "second Lao boyfriend" ! Sorry to mention, but about 12 weeks ago we had such a big fight (about nothing of course) that he blocked me on facebook and threatened to post stuff on facebook about us. (or probably just me). Well I got so pissed with him, I just did that, hacked two of his three facebook accounts and posted a few naughty pictures of him.

Now this did NOT work out too well for him, as somehow his 69 year old father, who is a big homofobe, saw some of the pictures. Anyway we did not talk for 10 weeks until last thursday. Turns out (I already knew via some of his friends) that he has been kicked out of his birthplace by his father (his mother appears to be ok with him) and is now staying with friends working just for boarding.

He's now been back in Lao for little over four months, and he has it really though, he lost quite a bit of weight and has been complaining about all things Lao ever since he was back. And of course he sold his phone, just to get some money, I already suspected such a thing, as he was offline on facebook for a week (I have another account he does not know about that is friends with his

He got back in contact with me last thursday and practically begged me to help him. On the one hand, I am angry at betraying me by blocking me (our only viable way of communication) but on the other hand, I do realize that my actions certainly have worsened his situation.

He borrowed money from me, and we agreed he would pay me back next Songkran, but unless he gets a proper, paying job, there is no way in hell he will be able to pay me back in 7 months.

So I am mulling, giving him about 5000 baht, so he can get out of the village and go Savan or Vientiane to get a proper job, or leaving him to rot there, any suggestions ?