Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Bar boy deaths

Liked

Re: Bar boy deaths

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    God you are thick, as has been posted above this thread is not about an individual death... It is supposed to point out that the death rate of young gays in Pattaya is abnormally high compared to other places... Be that from STIs, alcohol related diseases or drunken road traffic accents.

It is also surmising that perhaps the death rate was always as high... But none of us were aware it was this high due to the lack of social media penetration in the past.

Get it?
    Ok, I get it now, sometimes I'm slow.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh honestly..wish this thread would just die..pardon le pun...such a morbid topic..why doesnt someone in the know start a new threat about fresh meat..like new gogo/mb fresh off the bus from Laos/Cambodia/Isaan???

Liked

That has to be one of the nastiest, most horrible posts I've read on here
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 23rd, 2017), bobsaigon2 (September 22nd, 2017), Oliver (September 22nd, 2017), scottish-guy (September 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    oh honestly..wish this thread would just die..pardon le pun...such a morbid topic..why doesnt someone in the know start a new threat about fresh meat..like new gogo/mb fresh off the bus from Laos/Cambodia/Isaan???

Speaking of .......I wonder how Bob is going? Sorry to get off topic

Forum's veteran
    Liked

joe552...people die all the time...Pattaya Mb are probably up there because of their high octane lifestyles...Im not judging...its their choice...they could just stay at home back on the buffalo..in the rice paddy..or what ever...but they choose otherwise...we all make life choices...if i drank less i would probably live until 98 like my grandad...but whats the fun in that...??
    They decide to whore themselves out...and drink heavily...all good...die early...I dont wanna know about it...its like I like watching rugby and boxing...not exactly healthy for the particiapnts...but hey...lotsa money and adorations whilst u r in the game...bit like a MB.

Liked

Reporting on the death of bar boys, or their fate in general, is relevant to many of us, as there is a chance that we know the same boys.

If something untoward happened to a guy I knew well, then I'd be grateful for the information. If he were ill, for example, or were having financial difficulties, maybe I'd be in a position to help.

But as I don't live in Thailand, I have no other way of knowing.

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....fuck talk about fake sympathy...says a lot about your true personality...at least i dont pretend that i care...

Liked

When I returned to Pattaya after my first visit- and the same thing happened subsequently- I was surprised and sometimes disappointed that guys I had met and even more so, those whom I'd wanted to know but had missed the opportunity, were no longer working there. As I became more knowledgeable about the scourge of AIDS in SE Asia I realised that some of them had gone home to die. In those days, of course, HIV treatment was less sophisticated and less available than it is today.
    One of the defining issues that frequently appears on this forum concerns the humanity of members and the responsibilities we have towards the people we have dealings with. Returning to those early visits in the 90s, I was impressed by what I saw of the gay community in Pattaya and I still believe it to be, on the whole, responsible and caring. This is why it is appropriate that we are kept informed.

11. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (September 22nd, 2017), billespr (September 26th, 2017), francois (September 23rd, 2017), joe552 (September 23rd, 2017), scottish-guy (September 22nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oliver.....u wanna be well informed so u can do what?? indulge some morbid curiosity?? In your post not once have u mentioned assisting. This is just another sick form of voyeurism.

13. User who gave Like to post:

whitemouse (September 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    It is supposed to point out that the death rate of young gays in Pattaya is abnormally high compared to other places...
    That's an interested statement. Is that based on personal experience or is there a study that proves this?