Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N/Korea...over reaction

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: N/Korea...over reaction

Every single day we citizens of the US have to feel embarrassed, apologetic about what the "leader" of our country says/does. Now he's added the possibility, in response to the utterances of the North Korean numbskull, of a catastrophic war. Be grateful that you are of the UK or Canada or Australia or any other country than the US.

2. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (August 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Every single day we citizens of the US have to feel embarrassed, apologetic about what the "leader" of our country says/does.
    Whyyy, when one in two of you voted for him and have more in common with him than you'd care to admit? Don't take my word for it, see for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ugJZhL-cbc

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I didn't vote for him and every US citizen I've talked with also avoided putting him into office. That's whyyy.

Liked

bob, flip it around though and think of the silver lining. Consider the US under a massive stress test right now, and the system and institutions are holding up just fine. Aside from executive orders Trump hasn't been able to do much damage, and the institutions and systems in place in the US are still humming long just fine.

There are many countries out there that if put under the same stress that Trump provides, they would buckle or be much worse for wear. So it's not all bad.

Still quite the waste of 4 years though. If he even manages to make it the full 4 years, I can't see him passing any mjor legislation at all. He only has about 2 - 3 months lef, and I would be very surprised if anything happens during that time. Then it's holidays, and everyone is gearing up for the mid-terms, which Republicans will definitely lose, and then no chance of Trump passing any of his shitty agenda once Democrats control at least the house.

What baffles me is how his base still seems to blindly support him, especially considering is trying to do almost everything in his power to devastate their lives, and make their lives as horrible as he can, while benefiting his millionaire and billionaire buddies.

Dpm't worry though, I'm quite confident that the vast majority of the world knows that Trump doesn't speak for all Americans. We know Trump is just an irreversibly damaged human, while the majority of Americans are pretty good folk.

6. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I didn't vote for him and every US citizen I've talked with also avoided putting him into office. That's whyyy.
    Then how did he become president? Fake news? Computer error?

Magic?

Liked

Because the US has a retarded system where the person with the most vote somehow loses.

Not to mention, I would imagine a good number of Americans (wrongly) assumed that there was no chance in hell Trump would win, hence didn't bother voting.

The same US voted Obama in for 8 years, and he was an excellent president. That same US still exists today, just with an ill tempered orange oopma-loompa as president.

EDIT: Oh, and almost forgot. Having Putin and Russian intelligence on your side helping you out quite obviously helps move an election along in your favor.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; August 11th, 2017 at 00:18.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Because the US has a retarded system where the person with the most vote somehow loses.

Not to mention, I would imagine a good number of Americans (wrongly) assumed that there was no chance in hell Trump would win, hence didn't bother voting.
    Still, a substantial number of people voted for Trump, almost one in two or half. The Electoral College system, which is a variation of the very common Westminster first-by-the-post system has its pluses and minuses. There's no guarantee that appointing the winner of the popular vote would lead to a fair and good government. It's about the people - government for the people, by the people and all that. The fact that they took their democratic duties so lightly by not going to vote says something about them. I voted for the first time two years ago. I don't pretend that I come from a fantastically democratic country but I took my duty as a citizen seriously and didn't take anything for granted.
    Last edited by sglad; August 11th, 2017 at 01:00.

Liked

Good for you. Did you want a cookie?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good for you. Did you want a cookie?
    No, thanks. Too late for a snack. I'm going to hit the sack. Night.

Liked

bob, flip it around though and think of the silver lining. Consider the US under a massive stress test right now, and the system and institutions are holding up just fine. Aside from executive orders Trump hasn't been able to do much damage, and the institutions and systems in place in the US are still humming long just fine.
    That's a good way of looking at it, but he's only been in the job just over 6 months.