Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pattaya

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya

Should also include the debunked Beachlover, surely a relation to one or more of the above.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheBarbarian View Post
    Well, his opening question was : "Pattaya - Is it all go go bars? Is there any gay nightlife that doesn't revolve around that symbiotic relationship of selling and buying sex?"

Perhaps it WAS meant as straightforward question, but the undertone of it was pretty clear, in my mind anyway.

Perhaps Omega just happens to have an unfortunate tendency to ask innocent questions in a somewhat aggressive way?
    Aaah...okaayy...you should have read this thread in conjunction with his Advice for a newbie to Thailand thread:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ie-to-Thailand

In that earlier thread he introduced himself, gave us some info about his background and told us of his travel plans. In other words, he was providing some context as to where he's coming from and what he's looking for. This thread is a sequel to that thread, and the focus has been narrowed down to Pattaya here because the OP is no longer so sure about visiting Pattaya based on what others had said about it. It seems to me that he started this thread to seek some kind of confirmation as to whether Pattaya would still suit his purposes or might an extended stay in Phuket which offers a "mixed scene" (his words) be more worth his while. He's also seeking information on Chiang Mai and other places. Pretty benign stuff and some of the replies, for eg, from Moses, have been quite helpful.

I'm not so sure I would call his question, "Is there any gay nightlife that doesn't revolve around that symbiotic relationship of selling and buying sex?" "somewhat aggressive". How is it aggressive? Pattaya does have a certain reputation, one which is held up by the responses in his "Advice for a newbie thread."

Some of the responses in the two threads have been misleading. One is "Chiang Mai is less sex-focussed". My friends visiting from Singapore, China, Indonesia and elsewhere have their apps pinging all the time with requests to meet from local guys as well as each other. They get really busy at the saunas. There's plenty of sex to be had in Chiang Mai. Straight friends say the same.

Secondly, I think it was fatwhiterat who said that other visitors are only interested in meeting locals and not fellow tourists. This is total and utter rubbish. This is what's beautiful about the big cities in Thailand. They're social melting pots and party venues that attract gay guys from all over Asia and beyond especially during festivities like Songkran, Christmas and New Year. Their social and sexual interests are not limited to Thai guys and in a party atmosphere, boundaries and preferences tend to become even more fluid.

Thirdly, regardless of what the three witches of Macbeth say, I have not thought much about commercial sex to have a strong opinion about it. I don't think it's "dirty" or "clean". I don't spend my evenings wondering whether the prostitute who gave me that lovely smile has a secret crush on me or only wants me my for my Sg dollar. He smiled at me, I smiled back at him. That's it. I've been to some of the go go bars and they were OK and sometimes fun but I'm in no hurry to go back. It's more of a fun-night-out stopover after dinner to see a sexy show before my friends and I head out elsewhere. Personally, I've found the ordinary Thai guys that I've met in daily life more to my liking than the ones I've seen at the go go bars. It's a matter of taste and preference and that's all there is to it. No need to project your own guilt and insecurities onto others - as the Thais like to say, "Don't think too much!"
    Last edited by sglad; August 4th, 2017 at 17:39.

Liked

as the Thais like to say, "Don't think too much!"
    Your posts, both here and elsewhere, suggest that you have obviously taken that advice to heart.

So, what do we see here? Now we have sgdad interpreting Omega's posts, not only here but in a different thread. He then goes on to explain Omega's motives.

You guys seem to have a hell of a lot in common. Perhaps you should meet up in Chiang Mai.

But I have a funny feeling you already have.

Lol

only wants me my for my Sg dollar.
    No, no! They want you for your Aussie dollar. You told us (albeit, inadvertently) that you were from Australia. Remember? Here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...fect-Off/page4

You wrote:

Prostitution was recently made legal in my country
    A quick google search showed that the only English-speaking country where this had happened was Australia! And you are obviously a native speaker of English.

Of course, you realised your mistake and rushed back to change it but you were an hour too late, so you posted this by way of explanation :

Prostitution is legal in my country but solicitation, pimping and running a brothel are not
    Not quite the same, is it!

4. User who gave Like to post:

whitemouse (August 4th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Your posts, both here and elsewhere, suggest that you have obviously taken that advice to heart.
    That's funny. I like it.

I'm going to have dinner with my mates now and later we're going to have heaps of fun out on the town. It's Friday night, mate! Enjoy your frozen dinner with your catalogue companion of the the evening. Later, my Old Sheila.

PS "Mate", "heaps", "Sheila" mean I'm reallllly Australian. More "evidence" for you.
    Last edited by sglad; August 4th, 2017 at 18:52.

Liked

Don't waste your time ; you've already supplied ample evidence over two gay forums.

And come on, sgdad. You are supposed to be a student, or have you also forgotten that part of the story?

Haven't you got some study to do? Some assignments to complete? Some reports to write? Some assessments to prepare for?

Judging from the inordinate amount of time you spend on the gay forums, apparently not.

So, you see how hard it is to maintain a lie? You have to be on your toes all the time.

You appear to be flat-footed.

Lol

Liked

How about putting on your tutu and pointe shoes and enthrall us with your perfect pirouettes...