Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya

Liked

Re: Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Of course there's local hangouts, such as karaokes, small clubs / restaurants and clubs, and other hangouts that are mostly locals only and there's no commercial sex there.

However, if you're a tourist in Pattaya, everyone is just going to assume you're there for da hookers, and will proposition you regardless of where in the city you are.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Pattaya is ALL about selling and buying sex. Good shopping too, but people don't make the trip to spend their time at the malls.

Chiang Mai is much less sex-focused and much more of an opportunity to observe Thai culture, past and present.

But, Omega, I really wonder if you would enjoy the Thai experience. Your questions here and on the other thread lead me to think "no".

Maybe I'll skip Pattaya altogether, or at least only go a couple days for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Perhaps if the Catholic Church opened a convent in Pattaya then Omega could stay there - as since he is determined not to pay, my guess is his sexual experience will be a case of nun yesterday, nun today, and most likely nun tomorrow
    Perhaps you're right. Perhaps I won't get any sex on my visit to Thailand. But I'm not really asking where the best place to get sex is, am I?

But why the hostility? Do you perceive my lack of interest in paying for sex as some kind of judgement?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    ..a few years ago I was having dinner with P ...
    Kinky - I usually just have beer or wine

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Maybe I'll skip Pattaya altogether, or at least only go a couple days for the experience.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps I won't get any sex on my visit to Thailand. But I'm not really asking where the best place to get sex is, am I?

But why the hostility? Do you perceive my lack of interest in paying for sex as some kind of judgement?
    Go to pattaya and enjoy. I find it to be fun people watching. And if you can find the right companion lots of non bar sex boy activities.

Liked

Don't worry, it isn't hostility. Mostly it is teasing and (may be) a little bit of jealousy
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not really hostility. For the most part, it's just people, myself included, being unable to understand why any young single gay male would come to Pattaya if not for sex. The beaches are far from impressive, the sea water is hazardous to your health, the shopping is just as good or better elsewhere.

The families who live in Bangkok use Pattaya as a weekend destination, let the kids romp in the hotel pool, get some air in their lungs that is not as tainted as it is in Bangkok. Maybe a trip to Nong Nooch Gardens, the Aquarium, and attend the latest Thai theater shows. If that appeals to you, head to Pattaya.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 1st, 2017)

Liked

Omega, (from your posts) you would probably be more comfortable seeking out farangs who are long-termers, who live in Thailand with a Thai partner and only go to gay bars - of any kind - every so often.
    I guess I'm an example of such: 17 years now with one -- getting older -- Thai man.

But this species does not populate either gay Thailand message boards or gay bars anywhere near as much as those guys who uphold Thailand's economy in such lavishly-spending ways every year for a few months at a time.
    The butterflies land, but do not stay, and their needs and focus tend toward hunting down the best-looking, the cutest, the sexiest, the sweetest of Thailand's uber 'younger' male population (and such are prodigeous).
    And good for them I say ... the world needs as many happy-go-sluts as it can swallow.

If you are looking for "Thai Culture", forget it in Bangkok (though the Grand Palace is cool), Phuket, or Pattaya.
    You'll have to head out to the boonies for that ... but better to do this kind of trekking for 6 months (better 6 years), not 6 weeks. That tiny time period will find you not much to get you teeth into (I will be taken to task here by The Butterflies for using words such as 'teeth ' and 'swallow' which do not include sex) besides searching out great Thai food (a good place to start) or Buddhist Wats (seen one, seen 'em all).
    Just ask some bent over old lady on a muddy alley in Isaan to show you some Thai culture. She will probably get you to help her out with her heavy bag of rice.

__________________________________________________ __

I'll probably regret this, but if you wish to contact me through this board's Private Message feature I would be happy to help you explore a Thai city called Hua Hin which I have called my home for 10 years now. Nothing like the 3 Sex Stooges you have mentioned in your posts, but I might be able to show you a teenie bit of something approaching Thai Culture.
    PS ... guess what. Hua hin has 2 gay bars and a fine sandy beach with Thai Beach Culture going on into the wee hours after 6 oclock pm when the Thais take back their beach from an inundation of overweight farangs.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (July 30th, 2017), christianpfc (August 1st, 2017), Omega (July 31st, 2017), Tintin (July 31st, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Is it all go go bars? Is there any gay nightlife that doesn't revolve around that symbiotic relationship of selling and buying sex?
    Some might say that relationship is parasitic but that's for another discussion.

In your other thread, you said that you're looking for a "good, old-fashioned party." You didn't explain what you mean by "party" but if you're looking to sample interesting food, drink, dance, get to know people, hook up and generally have a good time, then all that is possible in Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya. You'll be going at Christmas/end of the year which is the peak of high season and it's going to be busy everywhere with many venues holding special events. The clubs will be full with locals and visitors who are probably looking for the same things as you are. You'll meet people but it will depend on you as much as the environment, if not more so. If you're friendly, outgoing and have an open mind, you won't get bored. As you know, no one owes you a good time - you need to meet them halfway with your positive attitude and spontaneity. Just watch your drink and possessions. And if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Find out what clubs are in/open closer to your travel date as these change. You might want make a friend or two (local or foreign) before you arrive and see if they might be interested in hitting the same venues.

A word about Thai culture. As with all living cultures, it's not static nor is it confined to a particular place or time. That's the kind of rubbish that you get from antiquated guide books and dusty colonials who still wish it was 1904 ie before the abolition of slavery. You'll find bits of Thai culture everywhere and urban Thai culture is just as 'valid' as rural cultures. Bangkok is a great melting pot and, in addition to the constant struggle/conflation/juxtaposition between/of the old and the new, the modern and the rustic, you'll see influences from Chinese, Hindu, Khmer, Laotian, Burmese and Islamic cultures.

Take it easy, don't think too much and you'll have a good time. Good luck!
    Last edited by sglad; July 30th, 2017 at 19:36.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Smiles (July 31st, 2017), Tintin (July 31st, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    As far as he is aware, there are no male customers at the particular bar where his friend works; the bars are supported mainly by Thai women whose husbands work away from home and those whose husbands no longer perform in bed. These places are not cheap, apparently- this mamasan makes a lot of money!
    Also Thai prostitutes who, after spreading it for 2" Akito from Japan or limp John "Founty" Smith from London, are dying for a young, 7" throbbing Thai cock who will pound them to nirvana. I hear these venues are particularly popular with Thai women and gay men with farang husbands/sponsors. They have money to burn.
    Last edited by sglad; July 30th, 2017 at 20:14.

Liked

Paying for sex is like the first time you drive an automatic car. It feels a little awkward at first and you're not exactly sure what to do. But then you realise it's the absolute best and never want to go back to manual.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (July 30th, 2017), francois (July 30th, 2017)

Liked

Is it all go go bars? Is there any gay nightlife that doesn't revolve around that symbiotic relationship of selling and buying sex?
    There are a number of beer bars that offer what you may want.