Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death taxes

Liked

Re: Death taxes

I don't believe that the Thai partners are throwing the farangs off the balcony. The heat, too much time, too much alcohol, depletion of funds, boyfriend/girlfriend and assorted family members/hangers on turning into the housemates from hell and general dream turning into a grinding reality of nothingness are the guilty partners in crime.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 27th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (July 27th, 2017), Nirish guy (July 27th, 2017), Smiles (July 29th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    On par with all your other posts then
    I've read some of your posts but you've all of mine.
    That's flattering.
    Thanks some much☺

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I don't believe that the Thai partners are throwing the farangs off the balcony. The heat, too much time, too much alcohol, depletion of funds, boyfriend/girlfriend and assorted family members/hangers on turning into the housemates from hell and general dream turning into a grinding reality of nothingness are the guilty partners in crime.
    Some sanity at last.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by whitemouse View Post
    Omega, it isn't 'them', it is us. As in I and my fellow foreigners here. We can easily fall pray, if not observing basic precautions.

Not you, of course, you are above all this. You won't be making family here, you are here for culture. Disregard this thread. Open a thread about culture and temples and how paying for sex is dirty.

What was it how you referred to us? Oh, here it is:
    Ahh whitemouse, I'm afraid you're revealing your perceptions about what I've said, and they don't reflect well on you.

My thread was looking for tips and recommendations about My visit to Thailand. Instead what I got was an intense and intrusive discussion about sexual activities. Finally you all got insulted when I said I wasn't interested in paying for sex, and would rather go with out.

Now I understand that many people find it hard to understand... but how I live my life is not my recommendation for how others should live theirs.

Since I never said anyone was dirty for paying for sex, I can only assume you've inserted your own moral judgement?

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

sglad (July 29th, 2017), Smiles (July 29th, 2017)

Liked

Well I'm not a mind reader but I don't think Whitemouse is judging you - I think it's more that he simply doesn't believe you

Liked

No indeed, he's judging himself and others here.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    On a par with.
    We all make mistakes.
    My reply should have been "I've read some of your posts but you've read all of mine" for example.
    And that's flattering coming (I presume) from an "ideas" man as per Aristotle.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Does anyone know about European death duties? If a Thai who is often resident in Europe inherits (say) his father's estate - much of which is in Thailand - is he liable for death taxes in Europe on the Thai property?
    I don't know of a "death duty" in Germany. There is just an inheritance tax.

If a Thai man with a Thai passport, while being in Germany, intherits his Thai father's property in Thailand, German tax authorities wouldn't even know about his inheritage.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    If a Thai man with a Thai passport, while being in Germany, intherits his Thai father's property in Thailand, German tax authorities wouldn't even know about his inheritage.
    personally I am not one to follow social media fake news and rumors but perhaps frequent or latintopxxx can point to a specific example they are aware of where the German tax authorities where not only aware of the inheritance but supposedly doing back of the envelope calculations of the inheritance tax involved?

bkkguy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm quite sure that everyone including the german authorities would have been aware that this particular Thai citizen has considerable assets in Thailand.