Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Older Thai guys

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Older Thai guys

...and here I was led to believe that unlike awful judeo christian judgemental europe...Thailand was an all accepting Buddhist heaven...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...and here I was led to believe that unlike awful judeo christian judgemental europe...Thailand was an all accepting Buddhist heaven...
    Buddhist acceptance has nothing to do with it. I imagine older guys from the sex industry find it difficult to find alternative employment not because of the sex work that they did but because they have no alternative skills or experience to offer for new kinds of work.

Compare that with someone who's spent his youth studying and building his resume while only dabbling in sex work or working in it part time. He would have less problems finding 'regular work' should he decide to leave sex work completely.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nah. Not convinced. U telling me a MB cant transition into a waiter or work in a kitchen ...or sales staff?? Stop pretending that its an all accepting culture...a whore is a whore is a whore ...and thats not a respectable profession...no matter how much you try to pretend. Thats why they all tell their family back in the village that they work in a restaurant...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    a MB cant transition into a waiter or work in a kitchen ...or sales staff??
    Sure. I know at least 5 formerly MB who did... Manager in coffee shop, manager in restaurant, owner of beauty shop, owner of massage parlor, trainer in the fitness club.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Sure. I know at least 5 formerly MB who did... Manager in coffee shop, manager in restaurant, owner of beauty shop, owner of massage parlor, trainer in the fitness club.
    Likewise - in fact the skills some guys learn as a MB serve them very well when dealing with farang etc in other walks of life as most have probably spent more "quality time" with farang than most other Thai's that they know so they know how we think and how to play us a little better than the average Thai, skills which are useful of course in business. Likewise just try to short change a MB and see if he notices within a millisecond or not and addresses it with you - again a skill useful when running their own / someone else business perhaps. I personally would employ a money boy in a heart beat - hell what am I talking about I've employed LOADS of them over the years already for god sake - albeit as money boys just of course though ! lol