Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mosaik

Liked

Re: Mosaik

Has the UK definition of "moped" changed then - because when (as a 16yo) I had one in the 70s the definition was under 50cc and at that time they were without a speed restrictor on the engine.

I know that later changed to under 50cc WITH a 30mph speed restrictor.

Had to imagine it's suddenly been uprated to 125cc as the trend was towards less speed not more.

But willing to be corrected.

This was mine btw :

gps.jpg

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 3rd, 2017), splinter1949 (August 3rd, 2017)

Liked

I had a Honda Custom (CM) 125. I felt like a Hell's Angel whenever I rode it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Has the UK definition of "moped" changed then - because when (as a 16yo) I had one in the 70s the definition was under 50cc and at that time they were without a speed restrictor on the engine.
    1870s? You gotta love those Victorians for their progressiveness in technology - they didn't call it the Age of Industrialisation for nothing.

5. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (August 3rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have no idea of the definition of "moped" and simply used that word as my thinking of what a small unpowerful motorbike is........however having just googled "honda moped" I got back a 100 pictures as below, which to me looks like the standard type of bike as used every day everyday in Pattaya / Thailand by most people and is the same bike that I hire (literally the same model), so yes, I think certainly in the context I meant it here that
    "moped" is the correct definition perhaps. No doubt someone will come back with some reason as to why it isn't ....I could care less......to me......they're mopeds, end of :-)
    honda moped.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I know as I just had this very conversation with my insurers before this very trip where they said "no, not covered", I said Bollocks I've been driving it for years and you're just telling me this NOW, so she went away and double checked with the underwriters who confirmed that yes actually they do / will insure ( me) for a motor bike, just as long as it IS under 125cc i.e a moped and as long as it IS just me riding it for holiday use and not here at home full time etc.
    I still wouldn't trust insurers unless it's in writing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I still wouldn't trust insurers unless it's in writing.
    Well they do record all calls of course these days......but ok, you be sure to get it in writing then better, I think if you actually read the full details of any insurance policy you believe you're covered under and then applied it to your daily living, cerrtinaly whilst on holiday you'd be hard pushed to discover that you are covered for every eventuality you face mind. But in this instance Im happy that as I believed I always WAS covered anyway, she simply made a knee jerk reaction comment about "motorbikes" ( as above) and when asked to go check her facts she quickly came back and apologised and said "sorry you're right, you're covered up to 125cc", to me that was enough in this instance - plus I'm sure if they REALLY wanted to fuck me over they could find MUCh easier ways to do that - i.e was the bike insured by others, was it fully serviced with a full log book, did you have a rental contract, did you have a helmet on, had you consumed alcohol, can you prove you weren't driving dangerously etc etc .........there just comes a point in life where you have to just get on with things as not everything can be covered with contracts and legality - and even when you THINK it is just look how often that turns out not actually to be the case once you go back to rely on said contract anyway,

Liked

It's not a moped NIrish for the very simple reason that it doesn't have any pedals. It's a scooter. Now, I suggest that in future you hire the latest Honda Click 125i. It's quick and chuckable and great fun to ride. So, it's not for the woosey pussies who wouldn't dream of doing something SO dangerous as riding a mcy in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A SCOOTER !! Well fuck THAT ! That doesn't sound remotely cool or gay, i'm damned if I'll be seen riding on a "scooter" - how very dare they giving me such an uncool contraption - when I'm driving at 10 mph pass the food stalls outside the Temple at night I MUST look hip cool and trendy so all the Thai boys must instantly have me and some how I'm guessing a "scooter" just won't achieve that !!

But no, I'll not be changing as I think I've had the same "scooter" ( oh the shame of it) as supplied by mosaik from my first ever trip I think, I'm actually sure that I've probably actually bought the damned thing now I've hired it so many times, hell one time I forgot an left my international licence inside the seat under a rag and went home to N.Ireland only to come back on my next trip to find it exactly where I'd left it and better still it was still in date even so I was delighted ! But ohhhh a "scooter" ....that's just ruined my day now ! How VERY dare they !
    Last edited by Nirish guy; August 3rd, 2017 at 17:35.

Liked

And now all I can think about is getting a hot boy on the back of the bike and whizzing him back to my hotel. Afterwards I provide a free taxi service to anywhere in the city and I always let them drive (which they really like) and sometimes during the journey I put my hand down their pants (which I really like) and my record is about 8 minutes from bike hire to boy on back and that's now ALL I can think about.

Liked

OK I've checked on UK Govt websites (because I'm a sad cunt) - a moped has to be under 50cc with a top speed of 45kilometers per hour.

They don't require to have pedals any more (although they orginally did)

That's enough excitement for one day