Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Mosaik

Liked

Re: Mosaik

Awesome reply and just what I was looking for, THANK YOU! Sometimes I'm scared to ask questions around here. Hahaha

I booked a 'one bedroom' whatever that is so hopefully they have hat on F block.

Ciao

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No worries - and don't forget that if you're REALLY horny and just can't wait or wish to have a succession of guys in quick order that there's always the motor cycle taxi stand guys who are based at the entrance to Sunee Plaza who can have you and your boy/s whisked to your room in two shakes of a lambs tail ! :-) Enjoy.

Liked

Jesus it's only a 5 minute walk. It's also close enough to walk from Boyztown in about 10 minutes. Walking from Boyztown, just tell them your hotel is near Tuk Com, which they all know
    My idea of a perfect location. I've tried 2 other hotels very nearby & don't quite know why I've not tried Mosaic yet.

I've even walked home from Jomtien beach, but there's no way any of the cute Thai lads who are half my age would walk that distance, so it's the baht bus if bringing a boy back from there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or dont forget that Mosaik will rent you one of their in-house motorbikes for around just 100 baht a day if youre happy enough riding about, I take one every time and it gives me great freedom during the day and is great should you want to bring a guy back from just about anywhere. Just make sure you get an international licence in your home country before travelling ( available over the counter in the post office here in the UK for around six quid or so and I'm guessing the same elsewhere) just to help avoid the 300 baht police roadside "fine/ extortion" should they stop you and ask for it - and just in case you're tempted to have a beer or two with a bike just be aware that the police really seemed to have upped the amount of roadblocks now around pattaya and on the road from Jomtien and are always armed with breath testing kit too there usually so personally I just park the bike up in the evenings now and walk or motorbike taxi everywhere, much cheaper and......well I was going to say safer, but based on some of the motorbike taxi's I'm not su sure about that, in the long run ! * joke)

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 2nd, 2017), whitemouse (August 2nd, 2017)

Liked

Yes. NIrish is correct. The police are breath testing regularly in Pattaya these days.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And before anyone jumps on the "well that's great, I'm all for it, people shouldn't be riding their motorbike with 3 beers in them at 20mph the police are doing a great job catching them" etc, just remember that after being breath tested half times if it's a fail for a thai it's a 400/500 roadside "fine / extortion" and on your way and whilst thankfully I haven't had to negotiate it I'm told for farang depending on when stopped and by whom etc one / a few thousand might be the answer and your keys are handed back to you with a "ok enjoy your night" - so as always this is damn all to do with enforcing road safety ( otherwise they'd remove your keys and bike from you for good that night to ensure you couldn't drive whilst under the influence but is of course just more to do with each cop lining his pockets ! With the added benefit for them / their superiors that it "looks good" to City Hall that the cops are out at every major junction each evening breathalysing anything that moves ( in the hope of making a quick buck) whilst looking like the real policemen they are "supposed" to be !

Liked

Police checks and times.
    During the day it's helmets and licences.
    After 6.00pm it's helmets but only in certain areas.
    After 10,00pm it's drink.
    Drugs at all times.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 3rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

" if it's a fail for a thai it's a 400/500 roadside "fine / extortion"

Don't be too sure about that. I know three Thai friends who have each had to pay 10,000 baht or go to court. I gather this is the standard "fine"... if you know what I mean. Going to court is of course even worse.

One didn't have the money and so spent time in jail and then had to do a days work a month in the temple for, wait for it, 3 years.

Believe it or not none of them drink and drive any more...

God knows how much a farang would have to pay.

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Most UK travel insurance policies will not cover you for riding on a motorcycle unless it's driven by a holder of a UK motorcycle license.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Most UK travel insurance policies will not cover you for riding on a motorcycle unless it's driven by a holder of a UK motorcycle license.
    Goji it's only a standard moped type bike I hire ( under 125cc) and that is covered I'm told ( as your car licence covers you to drive a moped I believe). I know as I just had this very conversation with my insurers before this very trip where they said "no, not covered", I said Bollocks I've been driving it for years and you're just telling me this NOW, so she went away and double checked with the underwriters who confirmed that yes actually they do / will insure ( me) for a motor bike, just as long as it IS under 125cc i.e a moped and as long as it IS just me riding it for holiday use and not here at home full time etc.

And Gerefan yes i heard that 10,000 figure being bandied about too, and "assumed" that that might have been the farang figure, but yeah you're right it's a conversation I'd rather not have and I know the one time I was stopped and failed the first blow test ( but not the second) the police man was rubbing his hands together in glee and saying over and over again "you're going to jail" and all I could think was SHIT this is going to be expensive - or a night to two in the cells, hence why I now park my bike up at nights just in case !