Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mosaik

Liked

Re: Mosaik

*scratches head*

Granted, I haven't stayed in Mosaic for years, but never had an issue with cleaning ladies. There were times I'd stay for several weeks, and I'd just tell the office, "can you clean every Tuesday and Friday?", and it worked fine. Tues and Fri they were at my door sometime before noon usually, and I was left alone the rest of the week.

Then during the non-cleaning days, if I was awake and up and about, I'd just track the cleaning ladies down in the hallways, and switch out my dirty towels for clean ones. Besides, for me using the same towel for 2 or 3 days isn't a big deal.

The one thing that annoyed me though is they offer a full kitchen, but I would hardly call that a "full" kistchn. Sure, you get a two burner stove / hotplate, couple plates, glasses, coffee cups, and some silverware, but that's it. No kettle, pots, pans, cutting board, microwave, decent cutting knives, spatula, nothing. You can request things like a kettle from the office, but still, I guess it is technically a kitchen, albeit a totally useless one unless you drop about 10,000 into it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    *scratches head* Granted, I haven't stayed in Mosaic for years, but never had an issue with cleaning ladies.

The one thing that annoyed me though is they offer a full kitchen, but I would hardly call that a "full" kistchn. Sure, you get a two burner stove / hotplate, couple plates, glasses, coffee cups, and some silverware, but that's it. No kettle, pots, pans, cutting board, microwave, decent cutting knives, spatula, nothing. You can request things like a kettle from the office, but still, I guess it is technically a kitchen, albeit a totally useless one unless you drop about 10,000 into it.
    Just to clarify Matt.

Regarding room cleaning:
    You need to have absorbed all the information in the previous posts to alleviate your need for 'head scratching', the important part being the bit where I advise that Mosaik has over the last 2-3 years adjusted their renting policy to offering rooms on a 'nightly' all-in basis as hotels, in addition to weekly/monthly rents (where you pay for electric/water and room cleaning separately). When you take this nightly option the daily room cleaning is included and so every day the cleaners will attempt to gain entry to clean your room unless otherwise advised. This is the opposite of weekly rent options where you have to request room cleaning on a specific day/days.

Regarding the full kitchen:
    Incorrect Matt, you have always been able to get all the items you refer to. While I have never seen it referred to as 'full'..... merely kitchen.....in some rooms (certainly the F block) there is an actual separate kitchen room with everything one could need. Other rooms you simply request hotplate/cooker, utensils, pots/pans, and microwave, and they are usually delivered same/next day, or if requested in advance will be waiting for you. There is already water boiler in each room to accommodate nightly renters as previously mentioned, as are plates/cutlery/cups/glasses. All I ever need to buy in addition is a sharp kitchen knife as bf cooks all manner of 'stuff' which needs a good blade. There is not, nor has ever been any need to 'drop' Bt10,000 or even Bt100 as knives are available from TOPS or Friendship for less than that.

Liked

They have a kettle , , cups , a few plates etc in every room especially the hot water kettle not sure why Matt had to request one..... of course it has been some years since he stayed

Liked

Only on SGT can a debate break out about the cooking utensils in an apartment

5. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 22nd, 2017)

Liked

@Newalaan -- Sorry, and you're right, never read all the replies, and just me being blind again. Can't just quickly scan a thread, and have to listen to every reply, 90% of which are a waste of time, so I tend to miss things.

So they moved over to a nightly hotel format + serviced apartment? Well, that sucks... now I understand the complaints about the noise. When you just have someone there for 3 days, they're going to party like it's 1999 for 72 hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    *shrug* I don't know, but I'll stick with what I said. I guess the rooms now all come with a kettle, so cool deal. I've stayed in loads of serviced apartments throughout my life in valirous countries, and when they offer a kitchen I basically always get, well.... a kitchen. Granted, they're usually quite minimal, with maybe 1 frying pan, 1 pot, 1 spatula, a wodden spoon, etc. Nonetheless, it's enough that I can just pickup stuff from the grocery store, and cook a decent meal with. I don't have to go down to the local thrift shop, and buy a bunch of cheap junk I'm just going to leave there, and only use for my 1 or 2 week stay.

I know most people don't give a shit, because when on holiday they eat out every meal, but I don't like doing that. Going out to a restaurant is cool and all, but I don't want to do it every day for 2 weeks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That's nothing. Wait till the jumbo dumbo chimes in and starts to grill cdnmatt over his ability to handle kitchen appliances.

Banned
    Liked

The Mercure "incident" my BF and I later deduced was........It was years later that BF finally admitted to me that......
    So this, like all your reminiscences on Thailand, occurred many years ago.

Liked

You'll have to take that up with Lonelywombat as it was his "reminiscence", not mine.

I merely corrected it.

Liked

So I want to spend some time in Sunee just hanging out taking it easy... I booked at Mosaic and am a little worried it'll be a little too far to take boys back to. I know there's short time rooms in Sunee, but they're not nice at all.

Is Mosaic too far from Sunee? Can I get some thoughts on this before its too late for me to cancel?

thx

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No mosaik is fine for what you're thinking, only a 5 /7 minute walk and that's a nice time to be able to walk along talking shit to your boy de jour and even perhaps stop at the 7/11 and pick up food / beer etc - all of which can add beneficially to the time you're about to spend with your guy. If it was me I'd be sure to book into F block and then you can use the small door opposite the Boutique hotel, much more private and also closer to Sunee / the 7/11 and boystown etc ( albeit by a minute just) - so no, mosaic is fine and is a path well trodden by many from Sunee on a regular basis.