Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaik

Liked

Re: Mosaik

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Lonely the 'procedure' has changed over the last couple of years to Mosaik now renting rooms on a hotel basis, e.g. nightly rates

Not sure where you have gleaned your information but a like-for-like room at Baan Dok Mai is nothing like half the price of Mosaik where Booking.com com advertise a deluxe mosaik room for Bt700 a night on the hotel basis I mentioned previously. Baan Dok Mai equivalent rooms are Bt700-900 depending on season.

When I stayed at Baan Dok Mai the stairs never bothered me, I use stairs at Mosaik as well anyway, and there was always somebody on hand to take luggage up to the room at BDM, however the lift at Mosaik is handy for checking in with luggage.

Rooms and Rates
    Rooms Type
    Feb to Nov
    Dec to Jan
    Daily
    Standard
    B700
    B800
    Superior
    B800
    B900
    Monthly
    Standard
    B12,000
    Dec to Jan need to book
    2 months

The Mosaik rates quoted for a month were 26000 baht for 30 days, I could not copy the above rates from BDM that last line.
    where the monthly de lux rate for a superior room is 14000 baht .
    I was quoted from the website 1400baht per night.

Th above rates are probably of no interest to Arsenal whose main interest is chasing breakfasts for less than 100 baht.
    I note Scottish comment but he did not mention he used to stay in Meredian Hotel. How much more expensive is that above Mosaik?
    Are there still ghosts in that hotel or did you fool them when you changed.

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Wombles wrote:
    " Th above rates are probably of no interest to Arsenal whose main interest is chasing breakfasts for less than 100 baht."

Everything you write is of major interest to everyone Wombat.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Off topic: It took me years to notice the significance of the placement of the comma in "Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves." lol

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 23rd, 2017)

Liked

It's an old Aussie joke.

For the uninitiated, "to root" means "to fuck" in Aussie slang.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    It's an old Aussie joke.
    As only an old Aussie would know. Thanks for sharing.

Liked

Well, you are also an old Aussie, as you inadvertently revealed in a post here, so you would also get the joke.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    ...also you would also get the joke.
    No, can't say that I get you - the joke.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    ...I note Scottish comment but he did not mention he used to stay in Meredian Hotel. How much more expensive is that above Mosaik? Are there still ghosts in that hotel or did you fool them when you changed...
    I don't know quite what to make of the above.

Firstly, I have never stayed at Le Meridien Hotel - you should consult my personal historian MiniMee whose purpose in life revolves round trying to keep a record of where I am at any particular time.
    However, you may be thinking of the Mercure where I have stayed several times?
    There are 2 x Mercure hotels in Pattaya - and I'm referring to the one which is kinda behind the Welcome Plaza. From memory 1500-1600B for a superior room

Secondly, I have absolutely no clue what you mean by "ghosts" or "fooling them"

Liked

Our Wombles has never been the same since 'Turkeygate" which loosened his already fragile grip on reality.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    The Mosaik rates quoted for a month were 26000 baht for 30 days, I could not copy the above rates from BDM that last line. where the monthly de lux rate for a superior room is 14000 baht . I was quoted from the website 1400baht per night.
    Now, now, Mr Wombat you know full well that I said LIKE-FOR-LIKE room, and you know BDM is nothing near the 60sqm Mosaik room you have quoted at Bt26,000 to try and fool everyone into believing your BDM statement of half the price of Mosaik is correct. The Mosaik room equivalent to BDM would be the Deluxe at Bt14,000 per month and the BDM room has no kitchen area. That is without taking into consideration the Mosaik rooms are better finished and furnished.

You also knew I was referring to the hotel-basis (nightly) at Mosaik which is clearly not half the cost at BDM, it's the same. Now we have established that the BDM monthly rate is also nowhere near half the rate of Mosaik, nor does the BDM have a kitchen area or lift. 12k/14.5k versus 14k...the same also.

You lost me a little with your explanation but it seems to be you are insinuating BDM superior room is equivalent to Mosaik Junior Suite....don't make me laugh, both BDM rooms are equivalent only to Mosaik Deluxe, I am being generous by including the BDM standard as a like-for-like equivalent. As I say you also know perfectly well none of the BDM rooms are anywhere near the 60sqm Mosaik Suites.