No - last time my m8 and I reverted to booking the Welcome Plaza (which is the first hotel we ever stayed in in Pattaya) because we noticed on their website that they had finally refurbished (at least some of)the rooms.

The issue that we had had previously was poor state of decor, leaky bathtubs with dangerously wet floors.

Glad to report that although my m8 became seriously ill and had to cancel his trip, I found the rooms were improved at (from memory) around 1300B per night for sea view - but the hotel itself had been deserted by both staff and customers. Was like staying in an empty building - and I'm used to low-season.

The Mercure "incident" my BF and I later deduced was down to a Thai guest in an adjacent room who had nodded to us going in and out over previous days.
We think he must have either passed or heard BF and I returning from BT in the small hours and then rang from his room to ours to proposition BF (in Thai).
Since BF is Vietnamese and speaks very little Thai it both puzzled and alarmed us both that the phone should ring almost as soon as we arrived back, with a guy gibbering down the line in Thai.
It was years later that BF finally admitted to me that the (very) little of the conversation he understood involved a sum of money and finally 2+2=4