Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mosaik

Liked

Re: Mosaik

I dont like the shower pressure at the Baan dok mai nor the Wi Fi which worked intermittently

Liked

Everyone probaly knows that the Baan Dok Mai was sold a few years ago and has changed dramatically!

It is now owned and run singlehandedly by a friendly Australian guy .

No more Cafe downstairs, not that I ate at the bloody thing anyway .

There is no reception desk after hours so can be a positive or negative depending the way you look at it.

For those who are physically challenged unfortunately it is stairway challenging!

If you book thru the hotel apps you can get rates as low as 600 baht a night .
    Last edited by Mickp; July 21st, 2017 at 04:15.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    What does it matter that there are no bars in the Day/Night area?
    This is very important.
    No bars means no parties carrying on until 6:00 am, which means it's a perfect location for hotels, as I can expect to sleep.
    And I can still walk to Boyztown or Sunnee in less than 10 minutes.

Also, I can take morning coffee at Gafae or Starbucks in Tuk Com.

So after that, all I need t do is find the best hotel in the area that still comes in at 1500 baht give or take a little.

Baan Dok Mai never came up to my expectations. Flamingo just about made it, but I hope Mosaik will be better,

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp View Post
    Omg Your not a Racist are you ...to be politically correct dear , its Middle Eastern challenged!
    Certainly not. It's their miserable set of beliefs I object to, not their race.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I don't know quite what to make of the above.

Firstly, I have never stayed at Le Meridien Hotel
    However, you may be thinking of the Mercure where I have stayed several times?
    There are 2 x Mercure hotels in Pattaya - and I'm referring to the one which is kinda behind the Welcome Plaza. From memory 1500-1600B for a superior room
    Mercure [ of course]was the place where you thought people from Boyztown had followed you back to your hotel. Maybe it was on Neals ratbag site, but I am sure there is a copy around with more detail.
    1500/1600 at Mercure is a good price . do you still return there each trip?
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

No - last time my m8 and I reverted to booking the Welcome Plaza (which is the first hotel we ever stayed in in Pattaya) because we noticed on their website that they had finally refurbished (at least some of)the rooms.

The issue that we had had previously was poor state of decor, leaky bathtubs with dangerously wet floors.

Glad to report that although my m8 became seriously ill and had to cancel his trip, I found the rooms were improved at (from memory) around 1300B per night for sea view - but the hotel itself had been deserted by both staff and customers. Was like staying in an empty building - and I'm used to low-season.

The Mercure "incident" my BF and I later deduced was down to a Thai guest in an adjacent room who had nodded to us going in and out over previous days.
    We think he must have either passed or heard BF and I returning from BT in the small hours and then rang from his room to ours to proposition BF (in Thai).
    Since BF is Vietnamese and speaks very little Thai it both puzzled and alarmed us both that the phone should ring almost as soon as we arrived back, with a guy gibbering down the line in Thai.
    It was years later that BF finally admitted to me that the (very) little of the conversation he understood involved a sum of money and finally 2+2=4

Liked

I pass the Mercure regularly and there can be up to 6 tour buses in the car park. It now appears to be attracting the tour groups. I won't mention the nationality in case it offends the sainted Oliver.

Liked

Tour groups never bother me as they have all fucked off for the day by the time I surface at 12 noon.

All you need is a quiet facing room or good glazing IMHO

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You're quite right about the cleaners banging on the door and letting themselves in etc as that used to drive me insane - however the simple fix for that ( and one which the cleaners Joe fully understand means don't bother me) is to put the chain on your door before bed as this denies them entry.

I have still heard them doing the "clean loom" shouting thing at several doors this trip but I think from previous trips they know not to bother me until asked for now and actually this trip for the first time ever I've opened my door each morning to a plastic bag containing fresh towels, a toilet roll and two bottles of water which is great. Then I just let them to clean / change bed as I require.

Liked

Is it not sufficient to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door ? Even if it's home made. The moment they start ignoring that, then a word with the management has to be justified.