Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaik

Liked

Re: Mosaik

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    If you plan to spend most of your time in Boystown or Jomtien Complex surely there are better options.
    Well I do plan to spend time in Boystown.
    Exactly what better option would you suggest ?
    It needs to be clean, quiet, within easy walking distance of Boystown and above all else, not over run with Arabs.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I lived in Mosaic when it first openned, actually watched it being built at that time the immediate area had many gay bars and Sunee was thriving, fast forward 10-11 years no bars are left in the immediate area
    I watched it being transformed from the old Boys Studio 'Hotel' to Mosaik Apartments from my Flamingo Hotel room balcony too. So what? I didn't stay at either Flamingo or Mosaik because of any bars in the immediate area, I stayed there because they were excellent places to base a trip and both Boyztown and Sunee are very near, easily walkable. What does it matter that there are no bars in the Day/Night area?

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    A german Klaus owned Mosaic and it was quite nice, Klaus died and eventually it changed hands, it is showing signs of its age. The area also has changed and caters to many middle easterners as does Mosaic. If you plan to spend most of your time in Boystown or Jomtien Complex surely there are better options.
    And how would you know what the impact of age had been on Mosaik if you last stayed there 10-11 years ago? The room(s) I prefer there have shown little sign of age, in fact new bedding/mattresses and furniture have been installed. Every property shows 'some' sign of age if it's 10-11 years older! but it looks pretty much as it did all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    and sunee is all but finished
    Utter rubbish, you've been saying this for a decade now and sunee has yet to 'finish'. When GoodBoys, One Bar, Blue Chilli, Sky Bar, Double Shot, Elephant Plaza, Ting Tong Red (now expanding!), Ouds Caf, Forest Bar, Nice Boys, Powre Boys, Diamond Bar, Euro Boys bar, Winner Gogo, Eros Gogo, Rainbow Bar, Green Chair Bar all suddenly CLOSE then come back and let us know.

I visited sunee at some point every night last trip June/July and had a great time every night enjoying entertainment and fun, games of snooker, relaxing no-attitude environment with plenty of available lads in the bars. It seems you've been stuck in Pattaya for far too long and the area may have become 'too familiar' and stale for you, or you may have become stale. But for me the 2 weeks at a time visits, returning home and going to other places in between, it's still a joy to visit and will be in the near future.

I see goji has asked what your 'better options' would be since you have suggested 'surely' there are, but you failed to mention any......with specifics like where, names of establishments with similar room sizes, amenities and price points. Crass generalisations mean nothing without some detail (places?) and (current?) experiences of 'options' rather than 10 year old non-reviews.
    Last edited by newalaan2; July 20th, 2017 at 06:18.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Well I do plan to spend time in Boystown.
    Exactly what better option would you suggest ?
    It needs to be clean, quiet, within easy walking distance of Boystown and above all else, not over run with Arabs.
    Omg Your not a Racist are you ...to be politically correct dear , its Middle Eastern challenged!

Have you tried Baan Dok Mai at the back of Tuk Com ?http://www.baandm.com
    Last edited by Mickp; July 20th, 2017 at 07:08.

Liked

Mickyboy (Sweetheart) wrote:
    "Omg Your not a Racist are you ...to be politically correct dear , its Middle Eastern challenged!"

Middle eastern challenged would mean lacking in middle eastern-ness as in intellectually challenged meaning a little dim witted.

5. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (July 20th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Newalaan I wish you could expand your posts. I looked at 3 rooms a month ago at Mosaic. For those that only visit Pattaya the hotels in and around Jomtien Complex offer the newest and best accomadations, as for Sunee knock yourself out.🤣

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp View Post
    I recall the cleaners banging on the door at 11am and letting themselves in , that really got up my pussy !
    If I understand what was current procedure and not changed in the last few months, you request for your room to be serviced. If you do not ask your room to be serviced ,it is left untouched.
    Baa Dok Mai is half the price of Mosaik so where is the apples for apples comparison.
    In addition there are lifts in Mosaik compared that awful staircase at BDM and not somebody to carry your bags for you.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

You guys ever heard of a hotel? Got all sorts of posh stuff like lifts and cleaners and bag carryin boys and sum of em even got TVs. Gotta be a miylionaire to stay ther tho.

Liked

Heard there's one of them in BKK.

Called the Tarty One or something - could do with a 16 paragraph update on it so we know if (for example) the boiled sweets at the reception desk have changed from strawberry to lemon

Liked

Cor. Boiled sweets wots made wiv lemens and strorburrys. Thats ony for peepul thats got ladys mades and genelmen that likes to were soots and kollers to dinner.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    If I understand what was current procedure and not changed in the last few months, you request for your room to be serviced. If you do not ask your room to be serviced ,it is left untouched.
    Baa Dok Mai is half the price of Mosaik so where is the apples for apples comparison.
    In addition there are lifts in Mosaik compared that awful staircase at BDM and not somebody to carry your bags for you.
    Lonely the 'procedure' has changed over the last couple of years to Mosaik now renting rooms on a hotel basis, e.g. nightly rates including daily room cleaning, towel changes, electric/water. All of the Chinese visitors and many of the other nationalities now book there on this basis as Mosaik rooms can be found on hotel search engines like booking.com/Agoda etc.. So the cleaners come round those rooms on a daily basis just like hotels.

Weekly+ renters like some of us here account for a much smaller % of their room take up than previously, that's why they are able to boast up to 90% capacity at certain times of the year. On that basis you still have to request room cleaning if you require it. Some of the room types used by weekly+ renters are not offered to nightly rate customers, but a business has to move with the times or it will go under in the present climate. If Mosaik had to survive on it's previous customer base it most likely wouldn't be here in it's current format.

Not sure where you have gleaned your information but a like-for-like room at Baan Dok Mai is nothing like half the price of Mosaik where Booking.com com advertise a deluxe mosaik room for Bt700 a night on the hotel basis I mentioned previously. Baan Dok Mai equivalent rooms are Bt700-900 depending on season.

When I stayed at Baan Dok Mai the stairs never bothered me, I use stairs at Mosaik as well anyway, and there was always somebody on hand to take luggage up to the room at BDM, however the lift at Mosaik is handy for checking in with luggage.