Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaik

Liked

Mosaik

Have any OTHER members stayed @ Mosaik recently ? Obviously we have the comments below, which do not need to be repeated. However, additional independent reviews from members are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp View Post
    As for the Mosaik omg noisy noisy noisy. Slamming doors ,ladyboy screeching ...the Mosaik is Middle Eastern challenged at most times.

Liked

Re: Mosaik

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Have any OTHER members stayed @ Mosaik recently ? Obviously we have the comments below, which do not need to be repeated. However, additional independent reviews from members are always welcome.
    Yes I have, briefly mentioned post #35 in "current trip report".

But anything you specifically wish to know about Mosaik? I stay there 3 times a year 10-12 days at a time.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Yes I have, briefly mentioned post #35 in "current trip report".
    But anything you specifically wish to know about Mosaik? I stay there 3 times a year 10-12 days at a time.
    Thank you for offering to advise.

1 Did you have any problems with noise during your stay ? I like to be asleep between midnight and 1:00 am.
    2 Is any particular part of the complex better for noise ?
    3 I've read about firm mattresses previously. Is that the case ? Do they have any softer mattresses or toppers available upon request ? I've always found Thai mattresses to be on the firm side.
    4 Any other points to watch out for ?

Liked

I'm thinking about staying there soon too... wondering if it's walking distance to sunee or boyztown, and how far walk from each?

Liked

Definitely. About 5 minutes from Sunnee & 10 minutes from Boyztown. [Whilst I've not yet stayed at Mosaik, I have stayed in area]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Thank you for offering to advise.

1 Did you have any problems with noise during your stay ? I like to be asleep between midnight and 1:00 am.
    2 Is any particular part of the complex better for noise ?
    3 I've read about firm mattresses previously. Is that the case ? Do they have any softer mattresses or toppers available upon request ? I've always found Thai mattresses to be on the firm side.
    4 Any other points to watch out for ?
    Quest 1 is difficult to answer because it's just your luck in any hotel/apartment who happens to be in the rooms around you. Personally noise has never been a problem for me at Mosaik. But it is Pattaya, and it is a party city which closes between 3am -6am.

Quest 2. Again difficult to answer. The main building units A, B and C are on the 2nd Day/Night soi along from TukCom and tends to be very quiet late at night. I think likewise for block E further down the soi. There is a plusher, quieter block F which faces onto Soi 1 Day/Night opposite the hotel there. The rooms are huge in block F and beautifully furnished but the problem isn't getting to sleep at 12/1am. It is being wakened 5-6-7am by the huge tour buses parking in front of the hotel and the security guys who park them and blow whistles for ages at a time.....

Quest 3. There are 3 levels of rooms. Standard (basic) Deluxe (nice furnishings but medium size)and Prestige much bigger rooms and more comfortable. The room I usually book is a Prestige which come with new beds (2-3 year)and comfortable mattresses, I think some may even have built on topper. But I don't know if these beds are installed in all rooms. So you really need to ask these same questions when contacting them about dates/costs.

Quest 4. I don't know your budget or how long you are planning to stay but would avoid Block E, which have the standard rooms which are quite basic. Block A, B or C would be best. Then you have room size. Studio or 1 bed. We prefer the Prestige Studios because they are big rooms, but 1 beds deluxe are rooms very spacious. Can expect leather sofa, 2 leather easy chairs, dining table/chairs, coffee table, TV/Tv unit with DVD, wardrobe, room safe, kitchen area and shower room/toilet. I think you can get nightly rate with daily room cleaning/towels cahnge just like a hotel, but I've never done that at Mosaik, as always stay here 10-12 nights and just take a weekly rate plus electric/water charges and cleaning extra as required as you would do with an apartment rather than hotel room.

Blocks A/B/C and F have lifts. Block E does not. Also there is no reception at each block, only at the main office which closes at about 6pm, while there are security guys 24/7 you need to be careful who you take back to your room as there is no I.D. check.

The first time you stay at Mosaik it can be quite complicated having to choose between the different room sizes, then room qualities, then if you need/want balcony, then where room is situated as Mosaik has a lot of property around Day/Night Soi 1 and 2. Then weekly or daily rate, then low season or high season. Give me an idea of room type (Studio/1 bed) and approx. sq/m size and for how long you plan to stay and i'll try point you in right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSpz View Post
    I'm thinking about staying there soon too... wondering if it's walking distance to sunee or boyztown, and how far walk from each?
    While it is closer to Sunee which is an easy walk,(5 mins?) boyztown is walkable too (10 mins?), but as the baht buses pass the top of the Mosaik Soi where tuk Com is, you can catch one easily/regularly for Bt10 to boyztown. I walk to both. Usually Sunee first early on, then from there to boyztown. Personally regard walking to either as a non-issue. But even in Mosaik which has a lift I use the stairs.

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 23rd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

New Alan has covered everything you need to know and more. I'm currently in Mosaik ( F block - ha sounds more like a prison !) and I'm sleeping like a baby. Mind you also not going to bed until 5am so I guess that helps ! But I'm confident even if you were turning in at midnight or world be the same.

This time I'm facing into the boutique hotel and right above the buses which I was most pissed off about but actually it's fine - I'm also fearing half deaf as I get older it seems which also helps. The rooms have black out curtains fitted and the problem for me is remembering to wake up before 2pm / 3pm usually I sleep so well here.

Speak to Nop in reception, he's a nice guy and will answer all of your questions.

Liked

Thank you for the guidance.

I'm going for the Junior suite, since these look spacious and are within my normal price range.

How are the blocks arranged ?
    I cannot find a floor plan, but something on the same side as the Flamingo & the Blue House sounds like a good idea, since I know that soi is quiet & it's away from all the buses. Also, I suppose the room should be cooler.

I also read a trip advisor report referring to noisy aircon on the 5th floor, so would something on the 3rd or 4th floors be optimum ?

Lifts do not matter much to me.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I lived in Mosaic when it first openned, actually watched it being built at that time the immediate area had many gay bars and Sunee was thriving, fast forward 10-11 years no bars are left in the immediate area and Sunee is all but finished.
    A german Klaus owned Mosaic and it was quite nice, Klaus died and eventually it changed hands, it is showing signs of its age. The area also has changed and caters to many middle easterners as does Mosaic. If you plan to spend most of your time in Boystown or Jomtien Complex surely there are better options.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    New Alan has covered everything you need to know and more. I'm currently in Mosaik ( F block - ha sounds more like a prison !) and I'm sleeping like a baby. Mind you also not going to bed until 5am so I guess that helps ! But I'm confident even if you were turning in at midnight or world be the same.

This time I'm facing into the boutique hotel and right above the buses which I was most pissed off about but actually it's fine - I'm also fearing half deaf as I get older it seems which also helps. The rooms have black out curtains fitted and the problem for me is remembering to wake up before 2pm / 3pm usually I sleep so well here.

Speak to Nop in reception, he's a nice guy and will answer all of your questions.
    I recall the cleaners banging on the door at 11am and letting themselves in , that really got up my pussy !