Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thailand Entry Problems

Liked

Thailand Entry Problems

Some tourists are experiencing entry problems and having to show 20'000 baht in cash before being allowed in. Fortunately our Mickyboy is a multi bizillionaire so probably carries that around in a diamond encrusted purse. Is'nt that right sweetheart?

http://pattayaone.news/en/tourist-visa-20000-baht-cash/

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...ring-thailand/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand Entry Problems

They are on the lookout for people attempting to make money working illegally in Thailand.
    Most here appear incapable of any form of work.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 18th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (July 19th, 2017), Smiles (July 19th, 2017)

Liked

According to Thai Immigration these people are not tourists, but people who abuse the tourist visa scheme to remain in Thailand year round and are suspected of working illegally in Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    According to Thai Immigration these people are not tourists, but people who abuse the tourist visa scheme to remain in Thailand year round and are suspected of working illegally in Thailand.
    I have been reading the "Fisters" board so we all know who to blame for this...if their not riding their motorbikes fast up the Soi ...

Liked

Hmm, no idea what the fisters board is, who is to blame ?

Liked

This has to do with the adjacent neighbours I think. If a prospective worker from Lao or Burma or Cambodia is asked to show B20,000 baht in order to enter Thailand the show is over.
    That's the figure they're hoping to go home with 1 year hence.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    This has to do with the adjacent neighbours I think. If a prospective worker from Lao or Burma or Cambodia is asked to show B20,000 baht in order to enter Thailand the show is over.
    I don't think Laotians, Burmese and Cambodians who intend to go work in Thailand without proper papers enter the country on a tourist visa. At best they'd be on the visa exempt pass. The Thai embassies in their countries would have asked for financial proof at the point of application for a tourist visa as not many Burmese, Cambodians and Laotians would be going to Thailand for sixty days for tourism purposes.

I think this show money thing is to weed out the perpetual 'tourists' who live in Thailand indefinitely without the proper visas and who may be working there illegally. What I don't understand is how does having 20,000B on you prove that you're not working in Thailand.

Liked

No idea about all this, but I can verify that Leo has been coming from Laos every month since last July (July 28th to be exact) without any issues, or requirements to show 20,000 baht. He'll be leaving in a couple days again, so I can confirm he gets through without issue again in about 10 days if anyone wants.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    What I don't understand is how does having 20,000B on you prove that you're not working in Thailand.
    Most application of laws are deliberately vague. It's nothing to do with who you are, where you are from, and on what visa, this (like many Thai laws/legislation) is simply already in place but never/seldom used, like prostitution in bars laws etc etc. It just sits there to be used as and when required. As in this case it allows immigration who simply don't like the 'look' of a person or his/her passport stamps, or have a suspicion (working illegally) or abusing the visa system,to apply 'this requirement' on a whim and refuse entry. Few of these 'laws' are applied generally/across the board, they are used to 'cherry pick' as and when required.

That's all there is to it. Obviously the way Thailand works with things is something becomes 'in vogue'...there is usually a background reason......be it just a knee-jerk response to some higher-authority regarding illegal working or to satisfy statistical numbers in some government department or to show some action has been taken to satisfy the Junta in some way. In Thailand there are hundreds of laws sitting around, including those local to each city/town/province doing nothing, not normally upheld, just waiting to be used in what ever situation they are required at a specific time for the new 'reason of the day/moment'.

When you have lived in, or visited Thailand over a number of years you will have seen/experienced numerous examples of this and so becomes just another issue to be dealt with. Why it has become an issue seems to be because it has started to affect members of Thaivisa website/forum and has apparently, in certain situations, been applied at airports as well as land border crossing points.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 20th, 2017), Tintin (July 21st, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    No, they will not be asked and they are not targeted. If they wanted to kill the Thai economy overnight, they would start targeting them...