Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

Liked

Re: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

whitemouse wrote:
    "There are Arabs in Pattaya, they look very, very tasty."

Did you mean kebabs. Some excellent grilled food is to be had from the guy who works next to the old Sammy's Bar at the end of Sunee. The chicken and pineapple skewer is delicious.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Yeah I got you but why do your friends remain in such abusive relationships? Why don't they just pick up their wallets and leave?
    They're not friends as such, more friends of friends.
    I often say what you wrote; why don't they walk away.
    It's not as easy to walk away from a native ass'ole as you might think.
    More often the farang is thrown out of a home that he paid for.
    One guy I do know personally is involved in a bar with one of these "boyfriends" and he simply can't afford to leave. The abuse is relentless face to face and on the phone and is contrived to control. Without the "farang" this ass'ole would not get a bar to manage from a Thai landlord.
    However this does not apply to every case but it does to far too many in my opinion.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by whitemouse View Post
    Omega, you seem to think paying for sex is beneath you, cos you are young and never have to pay. If you stay in Bangkok, and are reasonably good looking you can score local guys, and they don't expect to be paid. Problem is, the guy needs to be into you, you can't simply pick a guy who you like. So that will limit your choices massively, unless you are seriously good looking. But for a small tip you get to pick pretty much who you like. Think of the 1000 or so baht as a tip, just as you tip a waiter, and you can pick up very handsome locals.

I wouldn't count on meeting foreigners for sex, tourists are usually looking for locals, and are not interested in another foreigner, again, unless you look devastatingly handsome like MikeP. Young Russians who I see in Pattaya Boyztown are usually feminine, and compared to locals very out of shape. If foreigners is who you like, much bigger selection where you live. There are Arabs in Pattaya, they look very, very tasty but nearly impossible to score, they move in hordes, very difficult to approach.

But you will tip here, I'm pretty sure, you'll see very quickly how it works here, you will like a guy who expects a tip, and you'd be fool not to go with him. Unless you really are here for temples.
    With respect, I think you're reading my posts and applying your own moral judgements to my statements.

In my mind there is a gulf of difference between not being interested in paying for sex, and thinking it beneath me.

Since I'm not coming with sex as the first thing on my mind, I'm not really counting on meetings anyone for sex, but like at home I remain open to opportunities.

I intend to sample a go-go bar for the experience, so yes, I expect I'll end up paying a tip for something sexual even if it's just a show.

So are there any tips, tricks and hints people would part with me that don't involve a discussion about sex?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post

I'm a 34 yo single gay guy, planning on travelling to Thailand over Christmas and New Years.

/snip/

The other big question I have is about whether I can bring PrEP medication with me into Thailand without problem? Do I need a prescription?
    One of your biggest concerns is Prep meds, but sex isn't big thing on your trip? Alright, my mistake.

Seriously tho, use condoms here. Have a great trip!

Liked

Practically speaking, go to 7-11 to break thousand baht notes until you learn to remove xxx900 baht from ATM's, know that Tiger Balm or similar products are usually good for repairing or preventing mosquito bites, eat white rice immediately after any dishes that set your mouth aflame, and add 5-8 years to the ages of any non-trade young men you meet on Hornet or Grindr. They'll still be reasonably cute and laudably intent on seeing you have a good holiday.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (July 21st, 2017), Omega (July 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by whitemouse View Post
    One of your biggest concerns is Prep meds, but sex isn't big thing on your trip? Alright, my mistake.

Seriously tho, use condoms here. Have a great trip!
    Is the world always so binary to you? It seems in your mind that I must be coming to Thailand for sex, or I'm not going to have any sex.

Is it not possible that I'm going to Thailand to see the sights, soak up the culture and enjoy a good party?

Quote Originally Posted by chillnorther View Post
    Practically speaking, go to 7-11 to break thousand baht notes until you learn to remove xxx900 baht from ATM's, know that Tiger Balm or similar products are usually good for repairing or preventing mosquito bites, eat white rice immediately after any dishes that set your mouth aflame, and add 5-8 years to the ages of any non-trade young men you meet on Hornet or Grindr. They'll still be reasonably cute and laudably intent on seeing you have a good holiday.
    Good tips, thanks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Is the world always so binary to you? It seems in your mind that I must be coming to Thailand for sex, or I'm not going to have any sex.

Is it not possible that I'm going to Thailand to see the sights, soak up the culture and enjoy a good party?

Good tips, thanks

Omega , Well just like White mouse you have me confused too Darl
    You asked about bringing the Prep meds so obviously we all gathered you were going to take it up the Ass sweetheart , but instead yiur going to see the sights and soak up the culture? (With the Prep)

Liked

He'll be soaking up the culture till his arse bleeds

Liked

Wow.

Friendly crowd here.

No wonder you're all talking about paying for sex.

11. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    He'll be soaking up the culture till his arse bleeds
    This is why it is important to use quality lubricant, and resist temptation of cheap coconut oil.