Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

Liked

Re: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

Well Omega with no interest in motorbiking around and no interest in sex, exactly what are you going to Thailand for? Temples!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well Omega with no interest in motorbiking around and no interest in sex, exactly what are you going to Thailand for? Temples!
    Omega is a higher moral man and writes in higher moral tones ... unlike yourself!
    Evidence for that? Omega would never use the word "arsehole" in a sentence. (As I never would).
    Take a lesson, dude!
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

"Take a lesson, dude!': Snarled Smiles, fresh from doing his 1970s cop show impression. Who loves ya baby?
    Haha.

Liked

Omega-
    You asked me to expand on my advice regarding the need to avoid the "I can take of myself/relation ship" guys.
    The disparity of wealth and income between you and your prospective Thai darling creates an unequal dynamic.
    I have no faith in Gay relationships formed in this atmosphere.
    If you want to forge a mutual partnership do so within your own culture as an interaction among equals.
    Even then it will be thorny as many gays are highly prone to the female hissy-fit impulse.
    You may be one of these yourself so you're therefore unaware of the fact.
    When in Thailand enjoy the fantasy.
    Somebody once wrote that Disneyland is modeled on Thailand.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 20th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (July 20th, 2017), whitemouse (July 20th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"Take a lesson, dude!': Snarled Smiles, fresh from doing his 1970s cop show impression. Who loves ya baby?
    Haha.
    Like Charlie's Angels? They show re-runs in the afternoons here. Which Angel do you think he'd be - the anal Sabrina Duncan or would he be more like Bosley?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    By all means go with money boys.
    Never go with the "I can take care of myself/I want a relationship" guys.
    So many of my acquaintences did that over the years and now they're in an open prison being bullied and watched by an over-weight ass'ole and his greedy family.
    If the metaphorical prison is open, why don't they just leave? They're the ones paying the bills after all. For every greedy money-boy you dump I'd imagine that there'd be a dozen new ones fresh from the village willing to take his place.

Liked

My "open prison" is not metaphorical at all for the farangs invloved in oppressive relationships. Yes, they can walk around openly but in an ankle-tagged kind of way.
    I'm all for the money boy system because it does self-replenish all the time.
    It's an illusion but a nice illusion.

9. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (July 20th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    My "open prison" is not metaphorical at all for the farangs invloved in oppressive relationships. Yes, they can walk around openly but in an ankle-tagged kind of way.
    Yeah I got you but why do your friends remain in such abusive relationships? Why don't they just pick up their wallets and leave?

Liked

Don't mistake my lack of desire to pay for sex as a lack of desire for sex. I'll be looking for it, but it'll be with other tourists or local boys who're actually gay and not looking for tips. Maybe I'll find what I'm looking for, maybe I won't... but that's why I've asked here so I can be pointed in the best place to find it!

What I'm going to Thailand for? Culture, parties and experiences.

Motorbiking just won't be one of them

Liked

Omega, you seem to think paying for sex is beneath you, cos you are young and never have to pay. If you stay in Bangkok, and are reasonably good looking you can score local guys, and they don't expect to be paid. Problem is, the guy needs to be into you, you can't simply pick a guy who you like. So that will limit your choices massively, unless you are seriously good looking. But for a small tip you get to pick pretty much who you like. Think of the 1000 or so baht as a tip, just as you tip a waiter, and you can pick up very handsome locals.

I wouldn't count on meeting foreigners for sex, tourists are usually looking for locals, and are not interested in another foreigner, again, unless you look devastatingly handsome like MikeP. Young Russians who I see in Pattaya Boyztown are usually feminine, and compared to locals very out of shape. If foreigners is who you like, much bigger selection where you live. There are Arabs in Pattaya, they look very, very tasty but nearly impossible to score, they move in hordes, very difficult to approach.

But you will tip here, I'm pretty sure, you'll see very quickly how it works here, you will like a guy who expects a tip, and you'd be fool not to go with him. Unless you really are here for temples.