Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

Liked

Re: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Well maybe I'll look for somewhere else than Pattaya.
    And you're "looking somewhere else than Pattaya" decision is based on a post from MickP??

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

OK, pardon me, wiped my tears. I almost fell down.

Never been to Thailand? Go to all those towns you mentioned in your own opening post. You can't go wrong anyway as the three places have very large gay scene ... by far more than any other place in Thailand. And ... each place is somewhat different than the other, at least a little.
    Visiting them all will help you on a second trip (if there is one) and will whittle down your favourites.

Very good hint from Goji: book accommodation well in advance, especially over the periods Christmas thru New Years.

(S'cuse me, I have to go laugh again. Bigly! MickP?? hahahahahahahaha)

Last edited by Smiles; July 18th, 2017 at 17:09.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (July 18th, 2017)

Liked

Well, as I said, I'm planning to sample the delights of a go-ho bar at least once for the bucket list... but I was a little put off by the "full of old men and money boys" comment.

I'm a big fan of gay culture, only like to go to places with gay scenes. Pattaya seemed to be a good choice since I was planning to spend Christmas in Bangkok and NYE in Phuket, and I wanted to squeeze a little more in.

But if all the gay scene is in Pattaya is older westerners buying sex from young Thais, I feel like I might as well get that in Patong and take in the more mixed crowd at the same time.

That said, I've settled on a hotel in jomtien rather than Pattaya itself...

I've already booked accommodation and flights though I can cancel the accommodation with no charge if my plans change.

How would you describe the differences between the scenes? Are there any non-gay scene things I should defintely look to do?

Liked

Omega: You should definitely look to have sex with C... from Nice Boys, he's fantastic and you should also look to have dinner with Mickyboy. He's a bizillionaire and so he'll probably pay. He likes to be called 'Sweetie." Make sure you don't mix those two up or the consequences would too dire to contemplate.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I'm a big fan of gay culture, only like to go to places with gay scenes. Pattaya seemed to be a good choice since I was planning to spend Christmas in Bangkok and NYE in Phuket, and I wanted to squeeze a little more in.
    All three places have their advantages and disadvantages. Bangkok is obviously the best place for its non-commercial gay scene. But after a while you will find that it's not that easy to get in touch with local guys. Most probably you will find yourself confined in a ghetto with other gay tourists from all over the world (such as in DJ Station and Babylon sauna), which is not necessarily a bad thing, but is this really what you are looking for when you travel all the way to Thailand?

On the other hand in Pattaya it's super easy to get in touch with local guys (although nowadays they tend to come from Cambodia as well as from Thailand, especially around Jomtien complex), but you have to be prepared to pay a fee, and yes, there are many elderly westerners milling around.

So follow the advice of Smiles, try all the places for yourself, and see what suits you best!

Liked

There's a cool elephant reserve in Pattaya. Check it out. And Pattaya's gay scene is cool, there are fun shows etc. I'm guessing you should stay away from sunee plaza as that's kind of run down purely pay for sex. But you'll dig the vibe in boyztown and jomtien. At least a one time visit. I absolutely loved my first trip there earlier this year and I'm going back in about a month.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    you have to be prepared to pay a fee
    Why so coy? They're prostitutes and you're paying them

Liked

Thanks! This is the kind recommendations I'm looking for.

I'm not anti-prostitution as such.,, I just have this ego trip thing where I need to know a guy is into me. Yes I realise that time is my enemy on this... but I'm still a pretty youthful looking guy lol. Paying for sex just feels like admitting I'm can't pull a cute twink on my own merits lol. I kinda expect in 10 or so years I'll be either in a happy relationship where that stuff isn't a concern or I'll be still hunting Twinks and paying for the pleasure.

What else is Pattaya? Like I've booked a flight from Bangkok to Phuket on the 30th... I need to fill the 10 days and I think I'll get bored if I just stay in Bangkok the whole time. I'm looking for guided tours, but most seem a bit shit.

An elephant reserve is the kinda stuff I'm looking for recommendatios about. The nightlife is one thing... but I'm not a laze about the pool/beach kinda guy.

Tourist traps don't bother me at the moment. This is my first time traveling alone... I'm not keen on ending up in a jungle village with a backpack and nobody speaking English.

Liked

Phuket , Koh Samui etc may better suit you and on Grindr you might meet French, Aussie and Uk guys or guys from Singapore etc looking to hook up for free sex.

Plus the islands are full in party mode although you are not 24 anymore your still youngish

Liked

Why not check out Chiang Mai for a bit? Excellent city.

Liked

Make a friend in Pattaya. Forget "prostitution", there are "good time guys" happy to help you enjoy your vacation. This is their life style so you do need to pay.
    The "boyfriend experience" WILL be an option for you. Enjoy.