Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

Liked

Advice for a newbie to Thailand

Hello all

I'm a 34 yo single gay guy, planning on travelling to Thailand over Christmas and New Years.

I've never travelled alone before, and never been to Thailand, so I'm doing my research now and getting prepared

My plan at the moment is to stay in Bangkok from 20th to 26th Dec, then go to Pattaya, till the 30th, then go to Patong for a week.

My plans to go to Patong is pretty set in stone. The rest is open to change.

Would you recommend Bangkok and Pattaya? Should I look else where? People have mentioned Chiang Mai. Are there any recommended tours I should do?

I might go to a GO-GO bar once but I'm more looking for a good old fashioned party.

The other big question I have is about whether I can bring PrEP medication with me into Thailand without problem? Do I need a prescription? At the moment the cheapest way to buy PrEP is to buy online - with no prescription needed.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Liked

Re: Advice for a newbie to Thailand

I was going to say that you should spend more time in Pattaya than Bangkok until I saw that your more a party guy than a pay for sex guy? I could be wrong by my perception.

Pattaya is more pay for bars and money boys and old sex tourists

Bangkok and I guess Patong would be more your cup of tea if you arent willing to pay for sex or like Go Go bars.

If your a party guy like you say then Bangkok has the nightclubs and dance clubs and I imagine at 34 if your in good shape you can pick up free sex but in Pattaya you will be paying.

Of course you can bring Prep and just in case bring your prescription too

Liked

Well maybe I'll look for somewhere else than Pattaya. I'm not really into paying for sex

Any other recommendations for the Pattaya section of my trip?

Liked

Hey there,
    I'm 31 and in good shape. But I went to Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket) for the first time and you know what... I like the GoGo bars. The boys are nice guys, you can choose the sexiest boy that's exactly what you like and for a super cheap price (that really helps them make ends meet) you can do whatever you want to him (in a good way).

I found Bangkok overpriced in comparison, hotels, food, drinks, boys, etc. something to keep in mind is even if someone isn't a money boy, he might still be wanting something from you. It's not so taboo or thought of in the same way in Thailand.

Have fun!!!!!

5. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (July 18th, 2017)

Liked

The plan seems fine. Just remember to book your hotels in good time, since this is peak season.

Liked

I agree with DrewSpz. It would be crazy to go to Thailand and then to avoid the one thing that is really exceptional there: The super friendly boys from the bars that, for a small fee, do whatever it takes to make you happy. So, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, enjoy the company of the boys and let them "take care of you". And there is no better place for that then Pattaya.

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 18th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    I agree with DrewSpz. It would be crazy to go to Thailand and then to avoid the one thing that is really exceptional there: The super friendly boys from the bars that, for a small fee, do whatever it takes to make you happy. So, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, enjoy the company of the boys and let them "take care of you". And there is no better place for that then Pattaya.
    Don't forget to post it all on Facebook so your family, friends and workmates will know you're a sex tourist who uses prostitutes

Liked

It may be that Thailand as a holiday destination has a certain reputation. If so, then there is no need to post anything on facebook, as they all know it anyway.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    It may be that Thailand as a holiday destination has a certain reputation. If so, then there is no need to post anything on facebook, as they all know it anyway.
    Isn't that the whole point of Facebook - you live your entire life in a frenzy of "look at me", trading away any semblance of privacy so that targeted advertising payments can line the pockets of Mark Zuckerberg? If people "know it anyway" why post anything at all?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Isn't that the whole point of Facebook - you live your entire life in a frenzy of "look at me", trading away any SEMBLANCE OF PRIVACY so that targeted advertising payments can line the pockets of Mark Zuckerberg? If people "know it anyway" why post anything at all?
    Facebook and twitter......basically state surveillance agencies staffed by gullible volunteers.

or A Stasi for the Angry Birds generation... (Stewart Lee quote).

To the OP, you can't really go on 'recommendations' as there would be such a wide range of differing opinions and age groups offering them. You would be better to keep up the searches on here and other gay Thailand forums and use it to come to your own conclusions of what and where would be best for you.

14. User who gave Like to post: