Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smoking in Bars

Liked

Re: Smoking in Bars

Yet the evidence that "passive smoking" causes long cancer for the passive smoker is hardly overwhelming. I wish people stop interfering and minding their own fucking business.

Nothing worse than people whinging about smoking.

In Bangkok it is particularly stupid, it's not the smoke that will kill you, it's the excessive pollution caused by cars, bikes and busses.

Liked

Don't feed the troll, but I can't resist.
    We have been through this many times since I joined the forums in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    So why do we never hear of Lung Cancer induced by "passive smoking" killing millions of cats and dogs?

Just asking.
    When the cat or dog dies, there is less fuss about the reason. Maybe they react differently (less sensitive) to the carcinogenic compounds in tobacco smoke.

Even among humans, sensitivities to chemical compounds are different. At the same blood alcohol level, one person is in coma, and another still appears sober. And for different species, sensitivities can surely vary factor 100. I have once read about a certain chemical substance [citation needed], an amount that does no harm to a dog will kill a horse.

Edit after reading following post: with troll, I'm referring to mickp.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Don't feed the troll, but I can't resist.
    We have been through this many times since I joined the forums in 2009.
    Again not sure if the troll you are feeding is the OP mickp or the member you quoted, Scottish-guy.......but for once you are correct on both counts.

Liked

The 'smoking in bars' posts normally descend into arguments about legal this verses legal that and freedom of choice etc. So, it's a welcome change to see this one descend into an argument about not only carcinogens but their effect on pets. Only on SGT, your one stop shop for all subjects and info.

Liked

mickp. I can assure you, scottish-guy is real.

6. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (July 16th, 2017)

Liked

I accept what ChristianPFC says but I don't think it's a full explanation.

Can't help thinking that the extremely vociferous animal rights lobby would be all over it if millions of cats and dogs were being poisoned to death by passive smoking - yet we hear nothing despite the fact that the exposure simply must be happenning on a very regular basis.

Which makes me wonder about the whole passive smoking malarkey.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Mickp (July 17th, 2017)

Liked

But by that logic, shouldn't coal miners never get black lung?

I smoke myself, and without question there's a massive difference depending on whether I smoke inside or outside. If I force myself to smoke outside, within a couple days I notice a huge difference -- lungs are lighter, clearer, etc.

Liked

Exactly - you have the choice and feel the benefit if you choose smoke outside rather than inside.

I'm talking about domestic animals which in the situations I am pointing to are mainly kept indoors by heavy smokers and therefore subjected to intensive passive smoking.

Unlike you, the dog or cat cannot choose to mitigate the effects of cigarette smoke by nipping outside for fresh air.

They are cooped up with the smoking owner - yet nobody ever says "My dog died of lung cancer" or "My dog coughs his guts up every morning"

It intrigues me and I cannot think of a plausible explanation - unless the whole passive smoking malarkey is one big hoax

Liked

Who gives a flying fuck about the effect of smoking on animals ? Utter bullshit. Those animals survive just fine, as they don't whinge like those humans do...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    mickp. I can assure you, scottish-guy is real.
    Oh ok when I arrive next month I will meet you personally Christian
    And I will take you out to dinner

Thats my promise

Then again you can always jump on a plane and spend 20,000 baht and come here to me here sweetheart

Im sure the moderator can confirm where I am

In fact I tell you what I will do Christian

If you come to Sydney I will give you free accomodation in one of my apartments for up to 7 days, its actually 3 minute walk from Thaitown , 3 minute walk to the biggest Gay areas, pratically in the heart of the City.
    Fully furnished usually goes on Airbnb for over a $130-160 a night deprnding on whats happening but yours free!

Thats my word, hold me to it .

But you must do it before end of October this year but as always you wont because you like to look for a problem just for the sake of it.

If not I will meet you in Thailand

You are going to turn up now sweetheart arent you?
    Last edited by Mickp; July 17th, 2017 at 03:29.