Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Vietnam Trip

Liked

Vietnam Trip

I will be in Hanoi around the 3/5th of November. Any advice on what to see and do? Best places to meet guy's? Any cruising area?

Liked

Re: Vietnam Trip

Wow.... no advice available
    Maybe I should look to travel to another country.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Do a search of this and other forums., You'll find some info on Vietnam.

Liked

Your questions are so general, look at wikitravel and travelgayasia.

Liked

I would like to be a little more helpful, but whilst I found Hanoi was a lovely place to visit, the gay scene was not very good.

There were a couple of nice saunas & a quite exciting massage place with hot guys a little way out from the centre.
    The visit was also several years ago, so I'm struggling to remember. So I also have to recommend you search for Hanoi on the 3 main gay forums. Think I wrote about it somewhere & others definitely have.

The centre around the lake & cathedral is quite a nice place to be based, maybe in a hotel in one of the back streets away from traffic.
    Then the usual sites, as per guide books. If it's a long stay, spend a couple of days on a trip out to Halong bay.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Djrlon (July 30th, 2017)

Liked

Thank you

Liked

Will be in Saigon next month...September...what is a good hotel in Dist 1
    for me to stay in...I have found lots of nice hotels in the past and found if
    I treated the bell boys with tips no problems bringing guest into my room.

Liked

I was there July 2016. Not much of a gay scene, as such. Plenty of gays though. I was there 5 days, saw lots of effeminate young blokes. A few of them flashed me lascivious smiles, but unfortunately none of the few were to my taste.

I did find some action on Hornet though. Decent selection in the dating apps - not spectacular, but decent.

Seems to be a lot of Uni students at Hoan Kiem Lake. Some of the boys are MBs, but NOT all. Some of them are genuinely just there to practice their English.

At one point I was talking with two boys on a park bench at Hoan Kiem. One, I could tell was definitely an MB, and the other definitely wasn't. I ended up taking the non MB for a coffee, because he just seemed like a cool guy. Saw him two more times before I left Hanoi. There wasn't a gay bone in his body. He never let me buy him anything, or lend him money. He just needed to practice his English, because he wanted to dabble as a tour guide to subsidise himself through uni. So he showed me round town for free, and treated me just like I was a sort of favourite uncle. We're still friends on Facebook.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Djrlon View Post
    Wow.... no advice available
    Maybe I should look to travel to another country.
    Good idea.
    Enjoy Hanoi and N Vietnam and then fly to Bangkok, go to Soi Twilight and all the boys you can't meet in Hanoi are there.
    I'm serious.
    They're cute,don't do much and a little expensive but to me they're worth the visit.