Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting the bus from the Airport to Pattaya

Liked

Getting the bus from the Airport to Pattaya

I read some of the straight forums and even on the gay forums there are guys who will wait and get the slow bus from the Airport to Pattaya to save 1500 b

After a long trip wouldnt you rather just jump in a car and get their quicker and in comfort ?

Can't understand the need to save a lousy 1500 baht unless you are a expat, but if your on holiday no

Liked

Re: Getting the bus from the Airport to Pattaya

the most wrong assumption in your post is word "slow"

difference in time btw bus and taxi btw Suwarnabhum and Pattaya is about 5-10 min, so if you use Bell-service bus - then there almost no difference in service, cuz they will delivery you to hotel's door by van in Pattaya

also if you stay in Jomtien complex then you may use normal bus - cuz South station in Pattaya is in 5 min walk from Jomtien complex... time will be not 1:20 like taxi, but 1:30.... is it important?

and last: only newcomer pays 1500 baht, normal price for taxi is 1000 baht, 1200-1500 is normal price for limo sedan, when driver will pick up you at arrival gate and will help with luggage in airport
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 11th, 2017)

Liked

I presume the taxi leaves immediately, whereas the wait for the bus might be up to 2 hours. Then the taxi should go straight to your hotel.

If I were going to Pattaya directly after my 12 hour long haul flight, it would be the taxi every time. However, I actually go to Bangkok after the 12 hour flight.

If I have just taken a short haul flight prior to going to Pattaya, then as long as we're not eating into gogo bar time, the bus is a perfectly good option, which I use.

Liked

>>>I presume the taxi leaves immediately, whereas the wait for the bus might be up to 2 hours.

it depends on how long is line at taxi booth

>>> Then the taxi should go straight to your hotel.

Bellservice bus does the same - when you take seat in their bus they asking for hotel name, while you are in bus they sorting passengers to clusters of hotels and on arrival to north Pattaya station few (usually 5-6) vans are waiting for passengers - one for each cluster, then they will delivery you to hotel's door
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Moses wrote:

“if you stay in Jomtien complex then you may use normal bus”

Is the bus to Jomtien different from Bellservice? I used to take the Bellservice to the airport in the days before I started staying in Jomtien. When I discovered the airport service from the new airport straight to the Jomtien station I started taking that.

You catch the Jomtien bus on the lower level near the food court. Is Bellservice there too? I never noticed, just went straight to the Jomtien line. I might need either service next time.

Moses wrote:

“Bellservice bus does the same - when you take seat in their bus they asking for hotel name, while you are in bus they sorting passengers to clusters of hotels and on arrival to north Pattaya station few (usually 5-6) vans are waiting for passengers - one for each cluster, then they will delivery you to hotel's door.”

Is this van service new? When I used to take the (public) bus from Bangkok, when you got off the Songtheou mafia ushered you on with “we go soon” then waited forever and packed it to overflowing. I once got off and walked I was so disgusted. Unfortunately at the time there was no other option short of a motorbike taxi.

goji wrote:

“I presume the taxi leaves immediately, whereas the wait for the bus might be up to 2 hours. Then the taxi should go straight to your hotel.”

One problem, at least in high season, is that the bus has been discovered by lots of people. I even read that some tour companies were using it. Lately with the Jomtien service, even if you cue at dawn you may not get the first bus out.

Mickp wrote:

“Can't understand the need to save a lousy 1500 baht unless you are a expat, but if your on holiday no”

The bus is very good value for money. Costs a fraction of a limo/taxi. 1500 baht is two nights at my guest house or one night’s company there. Or means I could afford to tip a little more.

Most important to me, the bus is about the safest way to travel, considering Thailand’s road reputation. Nice big heavy bus. Would never take those vans after reading about some accidents. And cars are only a step above motorcycles.

Last time I took a limo was out of necessity. I needed to go to Don Muang Airport and there is still no bus service to there. I used JJ Taxi and it was indeed a pleasant and safe ride. But that 1500 baht could have been spent better.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OP, you are confusing us. In your other thread today you are asking about bulk discounts at bars, hoping to save 1,000 baht on offs. But in this thread about Bangkok-Pattaya travel you say that you "Can't understand the need to save a lousy 1500 baht". To further the confusion, are you not the same person who paid $150 to have sex with a Cambodian hotel employee?

BTW, someone in your confused state of mind should definitely not be thinking of a trip to the Philippines unless you plan to hire a couple of bodyguards/minders while you are there.

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 11th, 2017)

Liked

>>>>Is the bus to Jomtien different from Bellservice?

Yes, Bellservice private company, arriving to North, price something about 400 bahts (bus+van), normal bus - state company, arriving to South station, price 139 bahts.

>>>>
    You catch the Jomtien bus on the lower level near the food court. Is Bellservice there too?
    Yup, companies are btw exits #7 & #8 near each other at the ground level.

>>>>
    One problem, at least in high season, is that the bus has been discovered by lots of people. I even read that some tour companies were using it. Lately with the Jomtien service, even if you cue at dawn you may not get the first bus out.

No such problems with Bellservice since you can book seat via Internet in advance

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I had a similar thing with a delivery van after going to Cambodia on a visa run. It took ages if you weren't the first on or off. The second time I got out as soon as we got back to Pattaya and got on a motorbike taxi. Without luggage of course.

The true savings on the bus/van,at 400 Baht quoted above, is actually only 600 Baht as a pre-booked taxi is 1000 Bt.

Liked

If you're lucky the bus will take you at least twice as long as a taxi. Can't imagine why anyone heading to Pattaya doesn't want to get there as quickly as possible. The bus could be free and I'd still rather jump in a taxi.

Liked

No taxi driver will agree to 1000 BHT this days ,the normal rate is 1200 to 1500 BHT.

I heard many cases of people booking through Bell service website were exposed to credit card scams ,so it's better use the public service at gate 8 floor 1.