Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting the bus from the Airport to Pattaya

Liked

Re: Getting the bus from the Airport to Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    The Ambience Hotel has a certain ambience about it.
    You're not renting a room or hiring a taxi-you're having an life-style experience.
    My life-style experience in Ambiance been: "What I will do in case of fire??? Small maze of corridors." I spend 3 days there and left to Jomtien.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

2. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (July 12th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Actually thanks for posting the info there re PTtaxis as by pure coincidence I was sitting reading that thread in Bali airport and just remembered I was flying into DM which I HATE trying to get taxis from, so was able to ring the number on the link given, which was answered promptly and after a few language issues i.e. Pick me up at 3pm - oh you go 6 - NO pick me at 3 - yes ok 3 you go 6 !! ( that went on for a while before I realised he meant DOOR six downstairs ! So all sorted - then "I" fucked up as turns out my 3 arrival was actually 4 Thai time. But the guy was still there bless him with name board - correctly spelt too which was a first here ! So with in minutes whisked away to Pattaya in a nice air con limo type car and all for 1300 baht ( with any haggling - I just asked how much and that was the figure - which considering I was an hour late was wonderful ( and yes I did tip too of course).

So, based on today I too can recommend PT Taxis and I'll use them again.

Ps after just firing up Grindr here I think I'll call the taxi back to get my back to Bali asap, Jesus what a motley bunch, the standards here have been dropping for a while but my god that's the worst I've ever seen here :-(. Oh well, at least it's not like they're all money boys or anything and expecting paid as that really would be taking the biscuit !!:/)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ok maybe I was being a LITTLE harsh before as after visiting boystown and partaking in a few cocktails and other beverages of the alcoholic kind it seems that the general standard of hotness and cuteness of SOME of the guys here is indeed increasing - drink by drink actually it appears, I'm beginning to think that there may even be a correlation between the two things ! Purely out of scientific interest I'll drink on and see does the phenomom increase perhaps ! God the things I do for science !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Actually thanks for posting the info there re PTtaxis as by pure coincidence I was sitting reading that thread in Bali airport and just remembered I was flying into DM which I HATE trying to get taxis from, so was able to ring the number on the link given, which was answered promptly and after a few language issues i.e. Pick me up at 3pm - oh you go 6 - NO pick me at 3 - yes ok 3 you go 6 !! ( that went on for a while before I realised he meant DOOR six downstairs ! So all sorted - then "I" fucked up as turns out my 3 arrival was actually 4 Thai time. But the guy was still there bless him with name board - correctly spelt too which was a first here ! So with in minutes whisked away to Pattaya in a nice air con limo type car and all for 1300 baht ( with any haggling - I just asked how much and that was the figure - which considering I was an hour late was wonderful ( and yes I did tip too of course).

So, based on today I too can recommend PT Taxis and I'll use them again.

Ps after just firing up Grindr here I think I'll call the taxi back to get my back to Bali asap, Jesus what a motley bunch, the standards here have been dropping for a while but my god that's the worst I've ever seen here :-(. Oh well, at least it's not like they're all money boys or anything and expecting paid as that really would be taking the biscuit !!:/)
    Thanks for the update on PT Taxis , I didnt even know they existed before Moses mentioned them last week !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oi, back in your cage Micky pee....see my post #13

Liked

Oh your right thanks Gerefan it was you LOL ,and here I was praising Moses !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just as an additional bit of info re PT taxis and in case its of use to others in the future - I booked then to pick my up at 11pm for my return trip back to Swampy. Glad to say even though it was raining they turned up on time ( 10 minutes early actually ) for a pre-quoted fare of 900 baht fully inclusive to the airport.

So, all good there EXCEPT that they sent a mini bus van thing which was as noisy as hell and struggled to get over 90kmsph !! which added I would say at least 15 minutes to my ( not very pleasant ) journey - thankfully I'd allowed plenty of time so it didn't re affect me and I'm guessing the reason they sent it, even though they knew I was alone, was that they'd a return flight to pick up perhaps.

So IF it matters to you and you want a car / limo perhaps that's something you should confirm with them at the time of booking to avoid any confusions or disappointment on their arrival ( when of course it's too late to do anything about it as they well know).

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 24th, 2017)

Liked

They did the same to me NIrish and also their drivers always wanted to stop en-route to fill up with methane so I stopped using them completely.

Liked

They sent an entire van just for you? I would think a van costs extra. It can take 13 passengers (now with new regulations, before 15 ? sitting and more standing - yes I really once rode in a van where they put a wood over the aisle to seat a 4th and one more was standing, and two in front, making 18 ? passengers).

That's interesting, because a friend travels in a party of 6 plus many suitcases and wants go get from Bangkok to Hua Hin in one car, so that would be the way to go, to request a van.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well they sent me a mini van the other day. I queried why and the driver said it was all they had available.
    It broke down half way to the airport and I thought FUKKKK.
    The driver got on the phone and an hour later a replacement car turned up. Fortunately I had allowed plenty of time.
    I'd still recommend them ...