Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you like ramen? [Bangkok]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Do you like ramen? [Bangkok]

Thanks to Moses and a447, I finally figured it out. And I've only lived in Saigon for 17 years !!!

Xa Xieu = char siu (red pork slices)
    Hoanh Thanh = Won ton
    Mi = Noodles

Liked

So it works if you jumble up the words and /or do not use capital letters. Is that right?

I'll try try to re-post the rest:

We also go out for ramen every week. It's my favourite Japanese food. If you like it spicy try the Kazan Tonkotsu Ramen restaurant in the building next to the Patpong night market (heading towards Soi Twilight). Absolutely delicious, or "Chou oishii", as we say.

The sugoi ramen menu appears to be a mix of Japanese and Chinese food.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    it is known forum's bug - words with special symbols and letters with umlauts may break posts
    Again, why not just try switching the charset over to UTF-8 on the database table that contains the post contents? It'd just be a simple SQL statement, something like:

ALTER TABLE table_name SET CHARSET = 'UTF-8';

I could be wrong, but there's a decent chance just that would resolve it. That above SQL statement is probably wrong, but a quick Google search will tell you the right one. Most likely, mySQL is taking a fart everytime it encounters an 8 bit character like the pound symbox. Switching over the charset on a table isn't going to break any mods, as the same SQL queries will still continue to execute just fine.

If you don't believe me, just do a quick mysqldump before changing the charset. Again though, your site, so up to you. I'm just trying to help.

Liked

How come this problem has suddenly appeared after all these years? Someone must have changed something. Can't it just be changed back again??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Again, why not just try switching the charset over to UTF-8 on the database table that contains the post contents? It'd just be a simple SQL statement, something like:

ALTER TABLE table_name SET CHARSET = 'UTF-8';

I could be wrong, but there's a decent chance just that would resolve it. That above SQL statement is probably wrong, but a quick Google search will tell you the right one. Most likely, mySQL is taking a fart everytime it encounters an 8 bit character like the pound symbox. Switching over the charset on a table isn't going to break any mods, as the same SQL queries will still continue to execute just fine.

If you don't believe me, just do a quick mysqldump before changing the charset. Again though, your site, so up to you. I'm just trying to help.
    How you will react if I will tell you: IT IS UTF8 from time of the migration at 2016?

dbs1.jpg

dbt.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    How come this problem has suddenly appeared after all these years? Someone must have changed something. Can't it just be changed back again??
    You are right: with last upgrade developers fixed some security holes, but made some mistakes in code... so we are waiting for next upgrade... We cannot change back (technically we can, but it will again expose holes in security).
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    if I will reverse it - then nobody will scroll down in hope to find more pics of owner
    Excellent second guessing.
    But you've just spilled the beans.

Liked

Er ... "ramen" and "noodles" WTF???
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    A bit less hiso presentation, but scarily addictive.

MSG?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    MSG?
    ANAL?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand