Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Thai Guys Getting Fatter

Liked

Re: Are Thai Guys Getting Fatter

I don't know, but I lived in the UK for a year back when I was 17. In Dartmouth, close to Teeside, NE England.

You guys deep fried everything. Go to a pub, order a burger, and they'd deep fry the thing on you. What ever happened to a grill?

Liked

Matt wrote:
    "I don't know, but I lived in the UK for a year back when I was 17. In Dartmouth, close to Teeside, NE England.
    You guys deep fried everything. Go to a pub, order a burger, and they'd deep fry the thing on you. What ever happened to a grill?"

Well. One, that was a long time ago and two, go to better establishments. !7 year olds tend to visit the cheapest of the cheap. Oh yes and three. Dartmouth is in Devon and that's in South West England so perhaps you can't remember where you were or what you ate.

Liked

Maybe I spelt it wrong, but Dartmouth. It's about 30 mins from Teeside. My dad was helping oversee the construction of multiple offshore oil platforms at the port in Teeside, which are now sitting on the east coast of Canada (Sable Island).

Liked

The boys in Thailand are getting fatter, but they have some way to go to catch up with the UK, which is not quite as bad as the US.

Cross the borders into Laos and Cambodia & it's immediately apparent how slim the lads are compared with Thailand. And Thailand still has enough cuties, so I cannot complain.

Liked

Fat Thai boys will be replaced by slim Cambodian ones. And Cambodians are perhaps a little better looking on average.

Liked

Perhaps CdnMatt is thinking of Darlington?

Certainly can't have been Dartmouth - it's 6 hours away from Teeside rather than 30mins.

Liked

Oh shit, you're right, Darlington I meant. Sorry, it's been 18 years.

Dartmouth is in Nova Scotia, Canada and is where my parents moved after the one year in the UK, and is when I moved out on my own.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    When did that rule take effect?

In the bad old days I would cruise the Wat Chai Market after the bar closings and treat some of the bar boys to a meal.
    Few months ago. Take a walk past and you'll see no more tables at Wat Chai for eating....

Liked

I can't compare now to past, but fatties is a problem in Thailand! Often I spot 5-10 year olds who are overweight, and I wonder if it's in the genes or if their parents feed them crap food at such a small age.

When I was in Taipei, I was pleasantly surprised how slim the vast majority of Taiwanese are, and from my trips in Cambodia, Lao, Vietnam, I remember seeing fewer fatties than in Thailand.

Will have a look at Wat Chai market next time. But now that you mention it, I vaguely remember indeed that there were only few tables. Taking home the food I buy there is not an option for me, I like to eat civilized: chair, table, real crockery and cutlery (no paper or plastic single use).

Liked

I can't compare now to past, but fatties is a problem in Thailand! Often I spot 5-10 year olds who are overweight, and I wonder if it's in the genes or if their parents feed them crap food at such a small age.
    It's very common in Thailand for parents to think of their overweight kids as "healthy" rather than a disaster waiting to happen.

The Thai man who owns my favourite umbrella stand at Hua Hin beach has three kids around the ages of 6, 10, and 14. The two youngest are perfectly slim and proportioned as that age should be. The 14 yr old though is terribly obese and, unless he does something about it will start having severe medical problems very soon.
    The father (Mr Bee) is himself around 38 yrs and as svelte and slim as one can be: he loves all his kids ... but I do think he does exactly nothing when it comes to helping his oldest son take some pounds off ... many pounds needed in fact.
    He thinks his son is just 'healthy'.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 12th, 2017)