List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are finances important to you? Ar e you a cheap charlie?

Liked

Re: Are finances important to you? Ar e you a cheap charlie?

No Smiles, it's not going to get better. I have lesions in my right optic nerve, and no doctor in this world can fix that. Even if I had $20 million USD to throw at doctors, they still wouldn't be able to fix it. Maybe in 20 years they'll have some cool break throughs in stem cell research and nanotechnology that will allow me to see again, but for all intents and purposes, I'm stuck like this for the rest of my natural life.

Sorry, just gets irritating sometimes. Leo keeps saying things like "when you see again", and I have to keep reminding me that I will never see again. Sure, I'll grab a second opinion from Singapore once I save about $200,000 USD, but I'm not worried about it. MRI scans don't lie, and it's no surprise I damaged my optic nerve, because that was a good fall. I had to throw two large towels away because they were soaked in blood, and for about a week couldn't sleep more than 2 or 3 hours at a time, because I'd wake up in agonizing pain and have no choice but to get vertical.

Same kind of thing as people just can't understand why I don't go back to Canada. Well, why? I'm comfortable here, know my way around, loads of people know me, etc. Plus, I don't even really like Canadian society, and much prefer living in a Buddhist society. It's as if people think if I just put my feet on Canadian soil again, then rainbows and unicorns will start falling from the sky, or some such shit.

Liked

You cook for your dogs?!
    This is much much worse than I first thought.

Perhaps you might start thinking about asking your veterinarian for his opinion on your Larger Problem.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (July 4th, 2017)

Liked

Comes from the guy who thinks he's helping by feeding stray dogs cheese, because he's too stupid to realize that most dogs are lactose intolerant.

You should see what I give them for dinner a couple times a week. Couple kg of prok, bunch of steamed rice, celery, carrots, onions, eggs, all nicely flavored and stirred up in a wok. They love it.

But no, was costing us about 4000 baht/month for dog treats, and they're no good for them as they're loaded with preservatives to lengthen shelf life. I just started making dog treats, but I bet it drops down to 1000 baht/month, and is far healthier for them.

Liked

What treat do you give Leo? A bone of his own?

Liked

Nah, he's not really into sex, or at least not with me. He says he loves sex, but gotta admit, he's horrible at it.

That's fine with me though. Just keep loving me, take care of the stupid blind farang, and I'll take care of you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Nah, he's not really into sex, or at least not with me. He says he loves sex, but gotta admit, he's horrible at it.

That's fine with me though. Just keep loving me, take care of the stupid blind farang, and I'll take care of you.
    Is he good looking ? send him my way and I will teach him a few tricks. I love Lao guys..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, or maybe it is the right thread:

Wikipedia: The term suspension of disbelief or willing suspension of disbelief has been defined as a willingness to suspend one's critical faculties and believe the unbelievable; sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment. The term was coined in 1817 by the poet and aesthetic philosopher Samuel Taylor Coleridge, who suggested that if a writer could infuse a "human interest and a semblance of truth" into a fantastic tale, the reader would suspend judgement concerning the implausibility of the narrative.

The phrase "suspension of disbelief" came to be used more loosely in the later 20th century, often used to imply that the burden was on the reader, rather than the writer, to achieve it. According to the theory, suspension of disbelief is an essential ingredient for any kind of storytelling, for the sake of entertainment.

9. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (July 5th, 2017)

Liked

Yep bobsaigon, "my BF thinks I'm fat and ugly, and doesn't want sex with me very often". That has to be an absolute lie and fabrication. Come on, if I was going to lie, wouldn't I be some adonis like body like Beachlover, who has a gorgeous BF who pounces on me multiple times a day begging for sex, or something?

And no, I'm not THAT fat. I'm 35 and about 69kg. Granted, I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I'm hardly obese. In the eyes of a 22yo though, I'm some ancient elephant.

Liked

Interesting post, thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum!

Are finances important to you?
    Yes.

Are you a cheap charlie? Probably yes. Depends on how you define it. If I think a price is not fair, I don't buy the goods or don't use the service. When I offer a boy 500 Baht for sex, I think that's fair given his circumstances (with the alternative of standing 10 hours behind the counter of a 7-Eleven for 330 (?) Baht). I don't tip out of principle because I think it's wrong (has been discusses many times in this and other forums).
    Last edited by christianpfc; July 5th, 2017 at 09:59.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yep bobsaigon, "my BF thinks I'm fat and ugly, and doesn't want sex with me very often". That has to be an absolute lie and fabrication. Come on, if I was going to lie, wouldn't I be some adonis like body like Beachlover, who has a gorgeous BF who pounces on me multiple times a day begging for sex, or something?

And no, I'm not THAT fat. I'm 35 and about 69kg. Granted, I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I'm hardly obese. In the eyes of a 22yo though, I'm some ancient elephant.

are you a midget ? I am 1.80, 65 KG, one would not say I could lose a few pounds ...