Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: PrEP ? So, are YOU using it or not ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

PrEP ? So, are YOU using it or not ??

So, whilst having a coffee and chatting with a friend who also visits Thailand regularly and enjoys plenty of "company" whilst there, the topic of PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) came up as he was telling me he'd just sent away for his first supplies of the stuff and intends to start using it. Personally for several fairly vague reasons I haven't or hadn't ever bothered with it but have to admit at the start of each Asian trip I usually wish I HAD perhaps.

From the little I know about the subject the old issue about it having possible small but unwelcome side effects seems to be fairly sorted out now and any aliments seem to be quite minor now, but I'm aware there that here in the UK at least does still seem to be a bit of a stigma attached to taking PrEP and a certain amount of "slut shaming' still going on, the implication being if you're deciding to take it you're obviously just a big whore. Whereas in the likes of Australia it seems there is no stigma at all and in fact you're almost seen as having a cavalier attitude to your sexual health if you're NOT taking it.

So, just wondering, what's the boards habit, do more take it than not or are we all to set in our ways now that we feel we just don't need to now or are just happy taking the risk of the odd split condom every now and then ? I would stress that neither answer is the wrong one here, I'm merely wondering do more of us take it than not now or is it still the other way round perhaps ?

2. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 3rd, 2020)