Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The future of Sunee

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: The future of Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by geneman View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but I am very much still alive! I survived prostate cancer two years ago and recently after a fall had to have a hip replaced plus my COPD gets worse. Apart from these I am ok. Veronica was a name given me at golf by the late Robert Chappell many years ago.
    Robert Chappell did in fact die a month ago at Bangkok Pattaya hospital.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Manforallseasons wrote”
    “Originally Posted by geneman
    …Veronica was a name given me at golf by the late Robert Chappell many years ago.”

“Robert Chappell did in fact die a month ago at Bangkok Pattaya hospital.”

Very sad news about Robert Chappell. I had many enjoyable rounds of golf and many more enjoyable evenings with him. Robert was a fixture 3 nights a week sitting at that round bar at the same table every night with a bottle, set up and ever-present cigarette. He was an old curmudgeon but fun to be with and had many friends. I saw him just six months ago and he said he had just turned 80 and was hoping to see him again next time. He will be missed. RIP

Liked

The last time I was back was April last year; very unhappy time as my partner died three days after my return. Do not expect to be visiting Thailand again. My book was entitled "Boyztown 1982-2006". I believe it is very scarce as many copies were turned out of storage and destroyed - or so I have been told!

Liked

A pity....it's a good read. I'm keeping mine. The list of all (well, nearly all) the gay bars that have ever been in Pattaya is interesting, too and the accounts of the very early years of Boyztown revealing. Who knows? I may be able to sell my copy in a few years!

Liked

Geneman , I used to love your Topman Go Go and was that your Mamasan the guy with the black glasses .?, he was such a nice guy too.

Mind you im going back some years now must be early 2ooo's

I wish the old times would come back but at the same time I know we need to move on

I hope things turn better for you Michael.

Liked

Thank you Mickp and Oliver for your kind comments.
    The best days in Pattaya were the late 80s and early 90s when Boyztown still had a village atmosphere despite the commercial aspect.
    Sunee too was like a small village but had too many problems with youngsters and drugs. The expansion of on-line meeting opportunities has killed off many bars and the customers too have changed. Although Thailand is still a wonderful country, for me, and I suspect many other aging gays, Gay Thailand has lost the sparkle it once had. We enjoyed the best years with the best customers and boys; it is sadly very different nowadays. My memories of the "good old days" will never fade.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 13th, 2017), RonanTheBarbarian (July 15th, 2017), sglad (July 14th, 2017)

Liked

Agreed...hence the value of your book.

9. User who gave Like to post:

geneman (July 13th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Although Thailand is still a wonderful country, for me, and I suspect many other aging gays, Gay Thailand has lost the sparkle it once had. We enjoyed the best years with the best customers and boys; it is sadly very different nowadays. My memories of the "good old days" will never fade.
    That's a nice quote. Wish I could have been there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The last time I was back was April last year; very unhappy time as my partner died three days after my return. Do not expect to be visiting Thailand again. My book was entitled "Boyztown 1982-2006". I believe it is very scarce as many copies were turned out of storage and destroyed - or so I have been told!
    Why not scan and post it online?

Liked

Sglad great idea !

Can he put it on like a E book site ? Is that what you u mean ?