Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Pounds

Liked

Scottish Pounds

I know someone who is planning on going to Thailand quite soon. He likes to use Scottish Pounds and so I have a few questions. Can these be exchanged at bureau de change? Do the Thai tellers recognise them? Does anyone have any experience of changing Scottish Pounds in Thailand or any other part of S.E Asia? How can I find out the exchange rate as Scottish Pounds are not listed on XE or any of the other currency converters. It's annoying. Gnash Gnash Gnash!
    Thanks in advance.

Liked

Re: Scottish Pounds

Since uneducated English retail staff fail to recognise Scottish banknotes I wouldnt expect Thai BdeC staff to !

In Spain however (ALC airport) the BdeC staff not only recognise them - they offer a marginally higher rate than for BofE notes.

And quite rightly.

Glad to see you've stopped derailing NewAllan's thread

Liked

Give it about 20 years after independence & the Scottish Pound (or Lira or whatever it will be called) will end up like the Zimbabwe dollar.

Mind you, since every single political party seems intent on borrowing excessively, the rest of the UK should not be far behind.

Incidentally, should we have a special forum for all the topics on Scotland raised by Arsenal ?

Liked

Don't be like that Goji. We have learned that Scottish Pounds are welcomed at Alicante (I think) airport. Where else can you get that sort of invaluable information. I am reminded of Frankie Boyle's comment that Scotland is the only country where a travel report consists entirely of alcohol prices.

5. User who gave Like to post:

goji (July 1st, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Don't be like that Goji. We have learned that Scottish Pounds are welcomed at Alicante (I think) airport. Where else can you get that sort of invaluable information. I am reminded of Frankie Boyle's comment that Scotland is the only country where a travel report consists entirely of alcohol prices.
    Surely Frankie Boyle knows that there are TWO such places ending in "land" very much associated with the colour green and entirely surrounded by water?
    I'm referring to Greenland of course.

Liked

IF ONLY Scotland were indeed "entirely surrounded by water"!

Unfortunately she is lumbered with a huge carbuncle on her arse!!

The standard of edukashun in here is shocking

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 2nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Give it about 20 years after independence & the Scottish Pound (or Lira or whatever it will be called) will end up like the Zimbabwe dollar....
    I realise that SGT members do not like facts to get in the way of their ramblings, but it ought to be pointed out that the 2nd worst performing currency in the world in the past year has been the GBP.

The absolute worst btw (but not by much) was the Turkish Lira

Just saying like...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well-at least he is then not the archetipical Scotsmen, trying to save every halfpence. (when they fight over it-they invent the copper wire).
    SOME (that means not all) private-change-offcies will take them and if so, always at a (slight or big) lower rate as GBP/English. Ditto, but the nr of them taking is even lower, for change-offices from the 12+ Thai banks. This is for BKK-no idea about other places. The best place-it has been told so often its nauseating, palces IN BKK to change cash is the 3 SuperRich offices+1 named like Power or Value, all in 1-2 blocks to the left of the BigC rajprasong (opposite Central World), at least 1 of them takes them.

Liked

Liked

I think it comes to something when a genuine request for information invites an anti English rant from Scottish. I also notice that until logged in the picture posted is entitled 'arsenal.jpg'. This means he's downloading pictures on to his computer and saving them with my handle as their title. This is now a dangerous obsession and reminds me of Chief Inspector Dreyfus. Scary Scottish Cyber Stalker. Mmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qqj...o&spfreload=10
    Last edited by arsenal; July 1st, 2017 at 08:28.