Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Making a Budget

Liked

Making a Budget

This time around on my next visit to Pattaya I have to be a bit careful money wise now with a mortgage .

I have decided on my next holiday (28nights) I will make a budget.

Not including airfares , im thinking of 110000 baht.to 115000 b

Hotels and boys will be my biggest expense I guess.
    As I dont drink I should be coherant enough to re-cord all my expenditure.

There are some budget type accomodation that could fit my budget being Mosaik and Baan Dok Mai however in my last visit they didnt impress me as much as they did in the past so again looking for something around the 800 a night.x 28 nights

I have worked out 55,000 baht for boys
    25000 for accommodation
    5000 - taxis to from Pattaya and transport eg motorbike etc
    5000- visit to genuine masage and saunas
    12000 - food
    Bar drinks 8000
    Other such as toiletries etc 5000

Liked

Re: Making a Budget

you can easy find at airbnb something like this for up to 20000 ( example on pictures: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, living area, kitchen zone with dining table and spacious balcony, location 200 meters from Jomtien complex, 19500 Baht total)

0b7db43c-8c36-43fd-b18d-bbfa177af6a6.jpg

3da8a63f-4612-4cf5-bc4b-809386672f5d.jpg

1532ee82-97da-4088-82a3-e98e523cb6b0.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Yes thankyou Moses,I may give AirBnB a look at on my next trip.
    As long as theres no hidden expenses I prefer to stay in a Condo than a Hotel room.
    On my last visit I was disappointed with Mosaik with its early morning cleaning policy as well as the young Middle eastern people who partied all night.

Baan Dok Mai whilst very affordable and close to everything just didnt have the right WiFi most of the time as well as the shower not working as good as it should,its still a great place for those who are budget conscious just I may need a newer place to stay.

I am budgeting for 12000 to 15000 baht for food for the 28 day stay but may go over that !!

Liked

If you're looking for quality accomodations at a good value, I think your best bet is to just book into a hotel / apartment for a few days. While there, just wander down the streets, and you'll see loads of signs for rooms for rent, many of which are nicer than you'd think. Just take a stroll down Soi Bukhao (sp), and nearly every bar has rooms for rent uptstairs. I've stayed in several, and they were really nice, clean, king sized bed, good A/C, good wi-fi, etc. And if you're renting for a month, it probably wouldn't be more than 18,000 for the month.

Liked

Yeah thanks Matt I prefer to stay close to the action so to speak rather than go into the Bukhao area though,not to mention the usual straight farangs around that area who may take offence at this Queen walking with a young handsome man up to my room of pleasures.

I noticed there are some apartments advertised in South Pattaya just at the back of Tukcom so I may give them a try.

As for my budget of 110,000 b for a 28 day stay I will see how it goes but im sure allowing 25,000 baht for accommodation should be enough.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Have you thought of Yensabai Condo, just at the back of Saudi Plaza ( pun intended)?

It is off the main road so is actually quiet at night. Preferably get a room facing away from Sunnee Plaza.

If you do stay there do not,in any circumeatncaes,book through the scammers on the ground floor. Instead use Pattaya Rent a Room run by farangs just opposite the condo.

I have been staying ther thirteen years and usually try to get a room on the upper floors which are very quiet.
    http://pattayarentaroom.com/en/

As we don't know when you intend to travel the room prices vary but your room budget of 25000 should cover 28 days.

The Condo is 5 mins walk to Sunee Plaza and 12 minutes walk to Boyztown.

Your budget figures seem about right to me excepting drinks (really only going to spend 285 Bt. Per day)?

For boys, I think 1964 Bt per day is a bit high...

Liked

Thanks for the link Gerefan,in all these years going to Pattaya I had never thought of the Yensabai.
    Close to everything as well.

At the moment, I am now going in late August as the Company I work for requires 6 weeks notice in advance for holiday leave application to approve it unfortunately.

Liked

2610.00 Scottish pounds sounds like enough money to have a great time.

Liked

The accommodation part of the budget should be no problem at all. Hotels, apartments, as you like. After all, this can be known in advance.

Keeping the costs for food & bars down is possible, but would require a lot more discipline, since you have allocated a very low budget & there is often a temptation to go out and have some fun. However, you know your levels of self control and I do not.

If cutting the budget that thin, I would take the bus to & from the airport & reallocate the money to food or entertainment.
    Also, I have managed without ever taking a motorcycle taxi in Pattaya. My feet and the baht bus do fine.

10. User who gave Like to post:

llz (July 3rd, 2017)