List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PrEP ? So, are YOU using it or not ??

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: PrEP ? So, are YOU using it or not ??

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    ........ most new Irish infections are coming from people who were born in Latin America. And they are overtaking the native Irish HIV population
    .......Not a Dig at LatinTop... Just stating a fact!)
    But if Carlsberg were digs then THAT would be a cracker :-)

"this leads to people buying it online and taking it without proper medical supervision".

And you're right about that too as already my friend who hasn't even received his in the post yet ( as he's buying it) is already talking about "well sure it means if I don't use a condom on the odd occasion" ( that was a NEVER broken rule before for him) and "ack well sure if I feel sick I'll only take it when I'm going away to Asia and for weekends and stuff" ( it SO doesn't work that way, even I know that and it must be taken religiously ( and I don't mean by priests there......although that probably be a fairly high risk group these days anyway)....so yes, without supervision and the proper education of it's requirements, definitely not a good thing.

Liked

How can I buy it online?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

PrEP is used by gay/straight couples, where one is HIV positive and the other negative.
    A significant secondary market is male and female sex workers and lastly those who are
    not condom users.
    The R.C. Church should love it and endorse its use as it's not a form of birth control..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Catawampuscat - Im not sure if intentional on your part or not but you've left our single gay guys, who DO us condoms but want that extra layer of protection in case of condom breakages etc, there are quite a few of those guys using PrEP it seems too, which is a good use of PrEP and is as it's being recommended to be taken and is being taken in a very responsible way.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Oh, that's why I've never heard of it. I'm monogamous, plus I don't even like anal sex. No worries on this end.
    In your case then you're not worrying about your end?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat View Post
    The R.C. Church should love it and endorse its use as it's not a form of birth control..
    I didn't realise the Church condoned promiscuity these days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I didn't realise the Church condoned promiscuity these days
    No, only when it's priests being promiscuous with young boys and then it's all quite fine - apparently,

Liked

Its generally available free on the NHS in Scotland.

As far as I understand it is simply the same concoction of drugs in a single pill that HIV sufferers take, so it is not expensive compared to the consequences/complications of contracting HIV.

Another thing I did not realise is that those living with HIV and under (and complying with) the current best treatment are completely uninfectious

9. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 8th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Another thing I did not realise is that those living with HIV and under (and complying with) the current best treatment are completely uninfectious
    I think you're referring to those who have HIV but as they're successfully on tablets etc they have now reached a point of having an "undetectable" viral load, this means the chances of them being able to pass on HIV is very low ( but not impossible), likewise however there could be people who have HIV and are taking their tablets who either haven't reached that undetectable point or due to ill health or their medication not working as it should their viral load (i.e the amount of HIV in their blood / body) has increased again and so one should never just assume that if someone is on their meds that they are risk free, there's a chance that certainly is the case but it should never been taken as read and of course condoms ( and PrEP if you chose to ?) should be used at all times anyway to ensure the maximum levels of protection.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    No, only when it's priests being promiscuous with young boys and then it's all quite fine - apparently,
    Everyone has to have a hobby