List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Liked

Re: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Wow Colmx what happened with the drunk farang?
    No doubt about it you certainly get around,3 trips this year to Thailand this year already you make so jealous !

Liked

D J Station.
    I have always been scared in this upstairs, packed venue.
    The place would have to burned down first and we with it, (like a medieval pile of faggots)and then perhaps an escape strategy would be conscieved for it's replacement.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_ View Post
    If there was a fire at DJ it would almost certainly be a major disaster. I hope it never happens but it is so obvious there are too many people in such a dangerously confined space.
    I still enjoy my visits at DJ Station, but the question is not IF there will be a fire there or not, but WHEN it will be.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    D J Station.
    I have always been scared in this upstairs, packed venue.
    The place would have to burned down first and we with it, (like a medieval pile of faggots)and then perhaps an escape strategy would be conscieved for it's replacement.
    Totally agree. It's the first time for years I've visited DJ and it has been anywhere near full. We really didn't realise just how packed it was until we reached to top of the rear stairs I was perfectly ready for an about turn but bf was at front and had soldiered on further in to the crowd, we did have that few seconds look at each other which said 'go back?' but we kept going and it was a bit concerning to be honest. Booze won the 'throw caution to the wind' feeling.....

Even in February/March on our last visit the place was all but deserted and had the 2nd floor beside the aircon overlooking the dance floor to ourselves, we don't really like it busy when we are there together and not looking to hook up so the quieter the better. Wouldn't do that again. I assume the GOD closure had a lot to do with how busy it was the night we were there. On the second floor when not busy it's an easy quick exit down the rear stairs, but not now, the lay out is different because of the entrance change now. Add-in the effect of alchohol to the packed element and if there had been any kind of emergency he night we were there it would definitely resulted in multiple casualties.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    7 weeks until my next trip... so not long to go! Speaking of the "olden" days... Myself and BF loved Heart of Darkness in Phnom Penh when we went back in Jan, it reminded us of the much missed x-ray with the friendly crowd and waiters... Liked it so much that we have decided to go back to PP again on this trip!
    Yes I loved Maya and then x-ray for exactly the same reasons. Mentioning PP with the same sentence as x-ray means we would probably enjoy PP. Next trip in Sept/Oct we want a change for a few days so have decided on Phuket, thinking about C&N hotel, is that one you've recommended in the past? But would love to try PP. Look forward to any updated info on PP after your visit if you can.

SUNEE ROLL-CALL.
    A while since I did a decent trip report and if I did one for June 2016 it was/would have probably been along the lines of sunee had reached a new low of low season, well on this visit it certainly was the quietest I've ever experienced. The last Sunday I was there was a new low, with EDEN BAR closed for good, and RAINBOW BAR closed for 4 weeks (first time I've seen that) along with DOUBLE SHOT sunday closure it was a very sad scene indeed.

Sad but not dead. Still enough bars open for a very worthwhile visit! From the first soi, FOREST Bar open all hours as usual with regular/loyal customers, OUDS CAFE too always open, with customers most nights, had nice toasted sandwich with salad and fries here as well as nice coffee, with Oud and Gai as always funny and entertaining and full of information about local goings-on, then nothing until TING TONG RED, which on this trip was very quiet indeed, previous trips it was the shining light of the soi, but now no weekly shows and most nights very few customers and boys, but on saying that they are expanding during low season to open more rooms and restaurant. Then on up to DIAMOND BAR, again usually always open, always 5-6 boys there with a couple of cuties, and game of pool here always fun. EDEN closed as I said, then EURO BOYS, probably the busiest and most fun of all the sunee bars, for me anyway. Very busy some nights, usually it actually closes for low season so was delighted to see it not only open but very busy. Boys here mostly freelance and so can have 10 boys some nights, 5-6 other nights, but some lovely cute lads here, mix of Thai and Cambod boys but Cambod boys good English with clearer pronunciation, to my ears anyway, due to their ability to roll their R's. Boss here great, creates a good vibe, lots of laughs and fun here very visit. Further up is WINNER Gogo, again was very quiet when I visited, had 10 boys on the nights, but few customers which puzzling considering the ridiculously low drink costs and the cuteness of 3-4 of the boys, boys actually dancing on stage even if only 2-3 customers and very keen to interact with punters. EROS open but didn't visit.

Down the other side, RAINBOW BAR was open first few nights then closed for 4 weeks, great place just to sit and relax early evening with Winner Gogo opposite. GREEN CHAIRS bar always open and on some nights there were quite a few customers in addition to the man-boys playing 'snooker'. Round to BLUE CHILLI and usually quiet but occasional nights full house out front. ONE BAR next with usual regulars, then GOOD BOYS, never been in as the boys not my type, but there were about 10 boys outside every time I passed always asking passing customers to visit and always at least one or two customers back there in the shadows. Across the now very dark and depressing soi is the bright red light of SKY BAR they do get a good crowd some nights and I popped in most nights as host Alain is very welcoming as are his boys, also quick game of pool here too. Finally DOUBLE SHOT, packed full of man-boys every night except Sunday closing, owner very polite attracting some well-healed customers not scared to ring the bell despite 15 working boys as well as customers. Even though mostly not my type the guys here are great laugh and good fun, straight maybe but not adverse to hugs and kisses after couple beers.

Final two agogo bars NICE BOYS, Beer always tries to get some good looking lads, very playful and fun, some nights have a good few customers who seem to like a good time with generous tips and drinks going around. POWER BOYS open, but didn't go in this visit. Arab Disco LASER DISCO seemed as busy as ever from 1am, went there last visit for a great night, but didn't bother this time round.

JOMTIEN COMPLEX.
    Still love visiting this place. The sheer amount of available boys on one strip of bars is incredible. Many punters complain and find the same format at about every bar boring. Not me! I have absolutely nothing like this back home so just the act of being able to go out on an evening in shirt sleeves on a balmy/warm night and enjoy the company of any amount of cute, keen lovely thai/Cambod/Loas boys any night of the week still beats anything. Being able to relax in a setting with no attitude, the occasional beer bar show, a professional dance show at the Venue and good vibe could for me never be boring. I know some complain about boys sitting outside and seeming to lose interest once you are in, but I find chatting as you arrive there is always someone willing to sit with oyu, and if you do call anyone over they are there in a flash. Sometimes customers want to be left alone to choose for themselves if they want company and the boys respect that. The first 2-3 drinks I often like to catch up with sms's, missed calls, calls and thoughts for the nights plans, but as I say if you ask a boy over for a drink they are very very keen to oblige.

The other Jomtien bars like Mixer, Tommys and Festival are nice bars too with very friendly lads, love sitting at Festival Bar outside late afternoon with the lovely breeze which often blows down that soi they have nice coffee too, relaxing with cool beer or glass of wine...long way from home......great!

ACCOMMODATION/FOOD.
    Stayed at Mosaik as usual for most of the Pattaya part of the trip, and probably repeating myself from previous posts but still high standards here with new furniture, bed and mattress still as good as the day they were installed. Bf likes to cook, so received cooking hot plate, utensils, microwave on request. Didn't really know who my Mosaik neighbours were in terms of nationality as one never seems to bump into anyone in the block, I use stairs not lift, so maybe miss them this way. We didn't take Vigo pick-up to pattay this time so no parking issues. Stayed again for few nights at East-Suites for Jomtien part at the start of trip, and again consistently high standards in the huge immaculate room.

Because bf likes to cook we tend to eat Thai In Pattaya as well as Issan. With such a wide range of food types while it never gets boring, I do have cravings for western food in between. Deli Diner next to Petite Planet filled this gap with ease. There are a few small restaurants along this soi near Tuk Com, with little to choose between them both in price and quality. Stayed with Deli Diner as it covered everything I needed. Lovely strong Americano coffees, which I had virtually every day, and the food I ate here was excellent. I'm not that bothered about price, i'll happily pay well for tasty food, but DeliDiner is very reasonable. In fact their breakfast is ridiculously under-priced, i'm sure it used to be Bt129, bit now Bt99 for 2 eggs, 2 back bacon, 2 (british style) sausages, fried potatos, mushrooms, tomato and beans if you wanted, with 2 toast and coffee, although I always paid more for fresh made Americano rather than the free filter, all delicious and FAR too much, I left way more than was polite but I just didn't expect the platter to be so big. Much better here is the option to choose individual items, 2 poach eggs with 3 lean back bacon and toast Bt60, add Americano for total Bt110, ridiculous. I also shun the 'special' 3 course menus as they are just too much for me at one sitting, so prefer choosing from main menu, pork medallions/mash/crisp veg Bt129, a steal with coffee/drink Bt200. Bf also ate here with me and had spicy/hot seafood dishes which he said were excellent too! high praise indeed from an Issan food addict. So handy being just along from Mosaik and with a massage shop next door and one right across the soi plenty of lads chatting, as well as many cute lads passing to go to Tuk Com. Great passing traffic (though not the fucking cars and motocys).

Again done in a bit of a hurry before I forget.....not proof read.

6. 14 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 12th, 2017), arsenal (July 12th, 2017), Aux1010 (July 12th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (July 12th, 2017), christianpfc (July 12th, 2017), colmx (July 13th, 2017), ggobob (July 14th, 2017), Indianer (July 24th, 2017), llz (July 13th, 2017), Mickp (July 12th, 2017), Moses (July 12th, 2017), pennyboy (July 13th, 2017), Smiles (July 12th, 2017), splinter1949 (July 13th, 2017)

Liked

Great report,I forgot that Ting Tong Red has rooms, good to hear their expanding.

cant wait until I arrive in a few weeks.

Liked

Great Report Newalaan2.

Liked

Good to hear that Sunee is alive and kicking, even if with only one leg.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Yes I loved Maya and then x-ray for exactly the same reasons. Mentioning PP with the same sentence as x-ray means we would probably enjoy PP. Next trip in Sept/Oct we want a change for a few days so have decided on Phuket, thinking about C&N hotel, is that one you've recommended in the past? But would love to try PP. Look forward to any updated info on PP after your visit if you can.
    Yes the C&N Hotel is where we usually stay in Patong, its quite old but has some very nicely refurbished rooms (they call the new rooms "studios" on most booking sites)
    Make sure its the Hotel and not the Resort that you book, the Hotel is the one nestled half way between Paradise complex and Jungceylon Center.

As for PP and Heart of Darkness being the new X-Ray, I will report on that once we get back, it may be that we hate it this time around and never want to go back!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Make sure its the Hotel and not the Resort that you book, the Hotel is the one nestled half way between Paradise complex and Jungceylon Center.
    Yep that's the one we've booked, thanks for the heads up on the Resort, didn't realise there were two C&N's. It's also handy, as we'll be renting a car from NineCarRent, that it has parking facilities something difficult to find around patong close to Paradise Complex. Any other recent-ish Patong info?