List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Liked

Re: Current Thailand Trip- a few updates/reviews.

Do they have similar areas in the Philippines?

2. User who gave Like to post:

Tomas1576 (July 5th, 2017)

Liked

Apparently yes.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Firstly let me say that YES I do understand that my comments to come are more about the strength ( or lack of it ) of the British Pound right now, but the above are two examples of why I just cant be bothered with Thailand in general these days as they think that to give you a beer at well over
    Yeah, NIrish, as I've said - this ^^ is what happens when you type the POUND STERLING sign - you lose everything typed subsequently.

To get round this please do not use the POUND STERLING sign but type Scottish Pounds instead.

Not only will you not lose the rest of your post, you'll give me the very great pleasure of knowing that Arsenal and Frequent will be gnashing their dentures in anger.

Thanks in advance

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahhhhh yes, of course, that's exactly what happened, I was wondering where the rest of my rant had disappeared too. But glad the gist seems to have gotten across which was even though the pound is shit etc I still get pissed off / resent the blatent gouging that goes on in bars in Thailand where you're given a tiny glass and an even tinier measure of something that's meant to vaguely resemble what you actually asked for and then are asked to pay extra again as it's "imported" ( is it FUCK half times !) as an Irish man there's no quicker way to piss me off and loose my custom than fuck with my drink - and then charge me through the nose for same whilst doing so.

Still as I'm currently sitting at my boarding gate in Birmingham airport on the first leg of my flight to Bangkok ( via Dubai) I guess I'll maybe carry on in the never ending hope that things will have improved, prices will be down, boys will be falling over themselves begging me to take them "for free" and all businesses, realising that business is quiet will have instigated 30% off sales across the range of all their products and services - yeah :-) maybe I'll not hold me hand on my ass on ANY of those things happening, but at least it'll give me something to dream about on the plane after my gin and tonics kick in !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rather than the hard stuff stick with bottled beer and they can't scam your drinks.
    It will also reduce your blood pressure (less rants) and maybe preserve your kidneys a little longer!

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 30th, 2017), Patanawet (June 30th, 2017)

Liked

NIrish: Stop fucking moaning. As you read this you are in Thailand so...stop fucking moaning and get those boys pants off...geddit...gottit...good. Will we see a touch of the old NIrish magic when he could have a quickie with a boy between courses at dinner? Let's hope so.

Scottish: You can use your beloved Scottish pounds to buy Park Lane, the Old Kent Road or anything else on the Monopoly board which is the value of those strange notes unless backed up by THE BANK OF ENGLAND. Lol.

Liked

As I predicted:

gnash, gnash, gnash

Liked

Bangkok....specifically Silom/Surawong.

Only managed a couple nights in Bkk central. Saturday night Soi Twilight not that busy. As usual the two bars right and left as you enter soi do ok but further in very quiet. Former Solid bar had a few customers but Viet Bar next door was devoid of customers both nights I visited soi, did not see even one customer. Saturday night avoided Classic as the mamasans had taken to join the barkers outside Classic begging....well enough to put me off anyway...so went to Fresh Boys ages since had a visit there. Mistimed by me as the show was in progress, usual boring (for me) stuff shower show, katoey song, big cock show half a dozen 'mature' gents banging their bits on a metal pole...how exciting...Fuck show was conducted as usual 90% in the darkness around the seats begging for tips. Same predictable stuff I'm afraid. About 20 paying customers all Asian bar me. Bt400 for the Saturday night smidgin of vodka smidgin of coke huge amount of ice in small glass. But had some nice looking guys on stage and very keen to try their luck when show was on by sitting near in rotation 'where you from' etc.. and when ignored another just took his place for virtually the whole of the show time. Bill...yes Bt400 my change arrived in folder, of course there were the usual coins, my Bt1,000 payment returned 5 x 10baht coins (really well hidden at the bottom)one Bt50 note and the rest Bt100's, not a 20 baht note in sight.. Only got help with a torch when I asked, I was expected of course to scoop the 5xBt100 notes leave to Bt100 of mush and then distribute the Bt100 notes to those who asked....waiter one asked, some mamas an appearing from nowhere until my folder came back....asked,I gave Bt100 to a cute lad to at least tried with a nice smile. You know it's not about the money when buying a drink or tipping, for me it never has been....it's all about the expectation and others deciding what YOUR money will be spent on.

Usual nice few drinks at Maxxis, Hotmale Bar and Banana Bar...then on to DJ Station. we arrived 12.30am to find a new lay-out. After the left items behind the glass counter as you come in, there is the xray thing...right after this is where you now pay the Bt300-2 drinks for DJ Station...and I assume tickets can be used at all of the bars in the soi now. I didn't check as we just came for DJ. But because no entry as usual at the spot right outside DJ it causes the rear stairway to be much more crowded than usual, because most punters just entered the normal door after paying...but now there is time to think first, and a choice.....so a lot of folks heading to rear stair now, which always used to be quickest and safest way in.

Saturday night the place was absolutely jam packed...never seen it so full, certainly during low season. It seemed all the GOD punters had just been emptied onto the downstairs dancefloor and stage as it was packed with shirtless Asian bodies vying for front row attention...a page right out OF GOD. Rest of the place was just as packed, the area top of the rear stairs where the toilets and bar is was so jam packed it took ages to negotiate it, we were at the point where we just looked at eachother and thought stay or go, but was more difficult to go than climb to top floor where I was triumphant at getting ahead of the crowd to buy our drinks there forgetting the bar up there closed ages ago! so to the toilet, busy..bf wanted cubicle as did couple others, but two persons were already sharing said cubicle, thumps on door and eventually the two appeared to much abuse from the others about why their fucking session took so long! But still got served quickly at the middle floor bar but using that well tried routine of shouting for two Heinekens (an easy drink to dispense while serving others)with Bt20 on top of the vouchers...snatched out of my hand and two Heinekens in their place in 30 seconds to some discontented looks from others daft enough not to use some guile. Great time was had, but still very shocked when lights came on at 2am. That is curfew time at present nobody seems to know what is happening from day to day. But was reliably informed that late night karaokes and small clubs around various Bkk districts are now way back in favour with the late night crowd. Even Patpong was closed by back of 2am, it was actually quite eerie once you got further away from Soi 2 area. Still some underwear stalls on Silom but few compared to previous numbers.

Next night headed to Soi 4 which was pleasantly crowed, packed in fact and a great vibe, lots of younger farang and some females but all enjoying fun...had couple drinks at Connections and Balcony then decided to try NEW Jupitor 2017 GoGo, Bt250 entry with one drink free, some good looking lads but strange format of them going on stage standing in their jeans for a couple of minutes then disappearing, not a lot of time to interact or choose. Anyway that was fine, at 1am (I think)the former ForFun staff took over the stage with singing requests while some of the lads came and went on stage or around the venue. Second drink was offered from 'normal' menu...vodka coke Bt120/Bt140 depending which vodka chosen. I had a Smirnoff Bt140, decent strength and size of glass (compared to Fresh Boys). Bill Bt140 paid with Bt500, fucksake change came back 6 x Bt10 coins and Bt50's and Bt100's. Just gets on my tits that the expectation s to tip at least Bt100 over and above your drink. I mean even if you were the slightest bit boozy you would probably never notice the Bt60 in coins, it was only obvious to me as the bill holder was of such poor quality it felt rather 'heavy'. Gave the coins to the waiter who I knew from ForFun. Anyway apart from that still well worth a visit at Bt250 first drink and normal soi prices for subsequent ones, and the singer had a great voice and did remarkable request renditions.

So nutshell, new DJ entry payment area changed, DJ 2am closing, Jupitor 2017 new agogo? well, boy bar anyway, well worth a visit at Bt250 compared with Soi Twilight minimum Bt400, I reckon the singing bit at 1am or whenever may be to comply with some license or other...and take care with change in bill folder...

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 4th, 2017), Smiles (July 7th, 2017)

Liked

Your right about the tipping !!!
    I refuse to tip unless the service was adequate and nor do I tip if the minimum change I got back was either a 50 or 100 baht note in a bar UNLESS I found the service was worth it !

I have to work hard for my money no one gives me tips in my job so why should I give some surly waiter a tip even its 20 baht with not even a thankyou ! Oh its expected dear you say,sorry not this old girl.

Of course I have gave tips of 50 b and 100 b in a bar to the lovely Waiters who are polite but Im damn sure im not tipping some waiter who constantly hovers over me checking my glass every minute or so its so annoying.

13. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 4th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp View Post
    Your right about the tipping !!! I refuse to tip unless the service was adequate
    "adequate"?! I only tip if the service was superlative. If it was merely adequate there's no value-add to justify a tip. In restaurants I always examine the bill to see if they've sneaked* a "service charge" on, in which case I never tip, as that's what the mandatory service charge is for

* I was going to use "snuck" but the Forum word police who objected to my using "welsh" rather than "welch" would have again been out in force