Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
D J Station.
I have always been scared in this upstairs, packed venue.
The place would have to burned down first and we with it, (like a medieval pile of faggots)and then perhaps an escape strategy would be conscieved for it's replacement.
Totally agree. It's the first time for years I've visited DJ and it has been anywhere near full. We really didn't realise just how packed it was until we reached to top of the rear stairs I was perfectly ready for an about turn but bf was at front and had soldiered on further in to the crowd, we did have that few seconds look at each other which said 'go back?' but we kept going and it was a bit concerning to be honest. Booze won the 'throw caution to the wind' feeling.....

Even in February/March on our last visit the place was all but deserted and had the 2nd floor beside the aircon overlooking the dance floor to ourselves, we don't really like it busy when we are there together and not looking to hook up so the quieter the better. Wouldn't do that again. I assume the GOD closure had a lot to do with how busy it was the night we were there. On the second floor when not busy it's an easy quick exit down the rear stairs, but not now, the lay out is different because of the entrance change now. Add-in the effect of alchohol to the packed element and if there had been any kind of emergency he night we were there it would definitely resulted in multiple casualties.